Author Topic: Tom Knox of Isle?  (Read 39204 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tom Knox of Isle?
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2023, 09:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote
it’s an atlantic drift that max nik and cyrus are all on, apparently the brand is still happening. i’m very confused by all of this
[close]

Casper being such a huge part of AD, getting on Baker, Jacob already announcing that the board company won't be happening, only for an ad to appear to Thrasher a few months later. Whole thing is messy. How strong could he possibly be in his conviction to change your mind in such a short amount of time?

I wonder if he started feeling better, the limited board drop did well so they feel more confident now, but at the same time, he told the guys to not wait around if they have other offers they're excited about, hence Casper.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2023, 09:42:53 PM »
Expand Quote
new Krooked Pro board blacked out for may next year..... TK?  8)
[close]

Una.
Una had Spitfire ad in new thrasher so one step closer.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:42:18 PM by Mean salto »

Mallie

• Rep: 47
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2023, 02:39:19 AM »
There were some really strong rumours about Tom on Primitive last year. While I don't necessarily see him fit seemlessly there, I want him to get paid.

So, what I was trying to say, is Primitive's roster getting big enough for them to have a sister company a la Girl/Choc and AWS/Habitat? Making the other one a bit more offbeat and spearheaded by Franky and Tom?
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2023, 12:03:11 PM »
There were some really strong rumours about Tom on Primitive last year. While I don't necessarily see him fit seemlessly there, I want him to get paid.

So, what I was trying to say, is Primitive's roster getting big enough for them to have a sister company a la Girl/Choc and AWS/Habitat? Making the other one a bit more offbeat and spearheaded by Franky and Tom?
I'm sort of surprised none of the Atlantic Drift guys ended up on Palace. While Isle was still viable I could see them not wanting to poach Jensen's company, but if everyone has left, a bit surprised they didn't reach out (unless some of the Atlantic Drift guys didn't want to leave Supreme).

Primitive has the riders for a 2nd team, and I think they were originally gonna do one with Shane. But, I wonder if they have anyone who could head up that 2nd project and make it feel unique. Like if April was a sister company Primitive, it's basically the same brand image. Whereas the successful sister brands like Habitat, Chocolate, Anti-Hero and Hockey were able to really carve out their own and unique brand image.

boogs

« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2023, 12:10:31 PM »

it's called Sophisticated

DAVDAV

• Rep: 0
« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2023, 12:13:07 PM »
Hes wearing a limo T-shirt in Jacob Harris Story

GiftedBater

« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2023, 07:59:12 PM »
I don’t know why everyone is hung up on the whole brand concept. Atlantic Drift is a cool way for these homies to travel the world on thrashers dime while inviting whoever they want (hence Cyrus and others joining on this trip) I’m stoked that the hard work that Jacob and these dudes put in early on got them to a place where they arguably have more space to do whatever they want these days. Even if they put out some boards again, I doubt it’ll be a brand. Stoked to see where Tom ends up, wherever that is

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2023, 02:23:22 PM »
Isle just tagged Mike Arnold in their Insta story. The band might just be getting back together.

Mall Grab Mike

• Rep: -9
« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2023, 04:54:48 PM »
Tom is 100% getting on Krooked.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2023, 06:10:01 PM »
who team manages Krooked?

i know the gonz provides the general creative direction and zany factor but there has to be someone at the controls, no way he's doing the day to day operations.

whoever it is, they do a great job cause krooked is quite a squad and sounds like it's boutta get even better.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2023, 08:32:06 PM »
I don’t know why everyone is hung up on the whole brand concept. Atlantic Drift is a cool way for these homies to travel the world on thrashers dime while inviting whoever they want (hence Cyrus and others joining on this trip) I’m stoked that the hard work that Jacob and these dudes put in early on got them to a place where they arguably have more space to do whatever they want these days. Even if they put out some boards again, I doubt it’ll be a brand. Stoked to see where Tom ends up, wherever that is
i agree. i love how loose it is. i almost posted saying it would be cool if atlantic drift and limosine folded into one as a team under the limo umbrella, while ad is sort of like early gx1000, making videos, apparel, and decks, without explicitly sponsoring anyone. however, i like even more that they all hang out in their own crews and in their own locations and get together every once in a while. limosine and atlantic drift all the time would be too much of a good thing. i like that it's special when max and cyrus join in. maybe time for tom k and mike arnold cameos in limo vids? or baker guys in ad vids via the casper connection would be even more awesome

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2023, 09:22:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i agree. i love how loose it is. i almost posted saying it would be cool if atlantic drift and limosine folded into one as a team under the limo umbrella, while ad is sort of like early gx1000, making videos, apparel, and decks, without explicitly sponsoring anyone. however, i like even more that they all hang out in their own crews and in their own locations and get together every once in a while. limosine and atlantic drift all the time would be too much of a good thing. i like that it's special when max and cyrus join in. maybe time for tom k and mike arnold cameos in limo vids? or baker guys in ad vids via the casper connection would be even more awesome

Hopefully

stringsnthings

• Rep: -49
« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2023, 09:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe Im not as familiar with could Theories of Atlantis but couldn't AD go the same route? Like a mix between threads and boards? Then again a lot of these guys on the AD trips seem to be getting gear from Supreme, Carhartt or Dickies. Do softgoods have a better profit margin? Hardgoods don't seem worth investing in for a smaller marginal profit.

I dig the vibe of the smaller passion projects like Enter the Museum and Atlantic Drift and want to see more regardless if it turns into a legit board brand.

ugly flacko

• Rep: 12
« Reply #223 on: February 14, 2023, 12:01:35 AM »

i know the gonz provides the general creative direction and zany factor but there has to be someone at the controls, no way he's doing the day to day operations.

whoever it is, they do a great job cause krooked is quite a squad and sounds like it's boutta get even better.

Isn't Frank Gerwer helping with this ?
I know he does the thunder stuff but he seems to be around every krooked stuff that is released and pro boards release etc...

bartje pipi

« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2023, 02:09:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know he does the thunder stuff but he seems to be around every krooked stuff that is released and pro boards release etc...

bram de martelaere is tm

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2023, 02:34:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Whether or not Frank was directly involved, it goes without saying that he is "helping" with anything he is involved in: mans is a goddamned treasure & adds value to everything he touches.
So, maybe no, but definitely YES.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?