Author Topic: LIMP BIZKIT - STILL SUCKS  (Read 542 times)

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
LIMP BIZKIT - STILL SUCKS
« on: November 01, 2021, 05:55:01 AM »
Didn’t think I’d be listening to a new LB album in 2021, but anything that helps take me back to the early 2000’s is welcome, and do they ever deliver in that regard.  Obviously shouldn’t be taken too seriously or listened to with an overly critical ear, but it’s actually not the worst album ever.  Any of you guys give it a spin yet?  Thoughts?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xFyjBcwp4ow

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
Re: LIMP BIZKIT - STILL SUCKS
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 06:28:10 AM »
This isn't necesarrily directed at you, but I love when younger folks who weren't really around for bands like Limp Bizkit listen to them and wear their shirts etc like they were actually good because they were a band around before they were born. Like no man, they sucked then and they suck now. Like 25 year olds running around with Nirvana t-shirts. I guess anything you weren't around for will be romanticized as if everyone actually witnessing it first hand were just asleep at the wheel and didn't recognize the greatness.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 06:58:59 AM »
wes borland has some fucking riffs on this shit thats for sure.

other than that was a cheeky, fun, tongue in cheek listen. idk if i'd revisit it tho, more of a Three Dollar Bill Y'all guy when it comes to LB records

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 07:29:05 AM »
real shit

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 07:42:09 AM »

"we hold these truths to be self evident "

pro club blanks

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 10:06:32 AM »
I never noticed how hard he bites B-Real

or if thats something he just randomly decided to start doing
 ???

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 01:06:36 PM »
This isn't necesarrily directed at you, but I love when younger folks who weren't really around for bands like Limp Bizkit listen to them and wear their shirts etc like they were actually good because they were a band around before they were born. Like no man, they sucked then and they suck now. Like 25 year olds running around with Nirvana t-shirts. I guess anything you weren't around for will be romanticized as if everyone actually witnessing it first hand were just asleep at the wheel and didn't recognize the greatness.

Nirvana has been on the radio since they were huge though. It's practically impossible to grow up and listen to rock music without hearing Nevermind at some point. Chocolate Starfish though... only people playing that are probably people who played it back then. And I'd bet the young kids wearing LB stuff are the kids into overpriced vintage 90s/2000s clothes because it's some hypebeast thing now. More of a "look what I have" than a "look what I listen to" fashion statement.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 04:54:48 AM »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 05:44:43 AM »
Ok, I'll bite!

I have a soft spot for most of the Nu-metal stuff... It was what got me to listen Heavy music in the first place.
But goddamn does this album suck. And I love old school Limp Bizkit! From 3 Dollar Bill until Chocolate Starfish is full of classics bangers (Reasons May Vary also has a few good tracks).
"Still Sucks" has way too many acoustic, slow songs... Everyone that likes LB is because of their Heavy/Bouncy/Catchy songs and in this one even the heavier tracks are average at best. I thought it was going to be a fun album but ended up being a snooze fest.  :-\

Well, I can always listen to their old stuff ahah

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP