Author Topic: What are some cool holiday gifts you’d like to receive or give?  (Read 1987 times)

skate_or_dingus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
Re: What are some cool holiday gifts you’d like to receive or give?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2021, 09:31:24 PM »
Family unity would be nice.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2021, 10:28:03 PM »
Receive; a million dollars

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2021, 04:38:45 AM »
i really want to get a headband cause i find my ears get cold but my head is hot when im out skating in the cold / snowskating
new backpack for my laptop hopefully my brother can get me
new shit mitts i dont mind tearing up but they are warm
E-Tip Mitts! (ones you can use your phone with!)
Stretch Goal some Nice Mitts that i dont want to fuck up possibly?
also was thinking about some VANS MTE Shoes for Snowskating. Saw 2 pairs I really like. maybe my mum can get me one of those...

Really want my wife to get me New 8.5" Complete with the trucks to go with it and some 58mm Wheels (hoping for another set of OJ Natas) and the Bronson Shieldless bearings
I'm thinking im going to go ACE just cause I have never had them and I dont want to live my life not knowing its just a big dive to take cause trucks are with you for a long time but I think I will do fine with them I am pretty good with looser trucks.

I like fleece headbands a lot b/c I commute using public transportation when it's cold.  If I wear a full beanie, my hair is all fucked by the time I get to work. 

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2021, 08:54:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah I really want an Oculus since finding out you can play RE4 on it

Only Xmas stuff I’ve bought so far are two board games, the Dune one for my brother & this one called Succulent for my mom

I’ve been looking at different mushroom grow kits online too, think I’m gonna order some to give as gifts and keep a couple for myself, they look cool
[close]

never grow mushrooms with uncle ben tek. 1) its more expensive than to just buy a pre-sterilized grain bag on etsty 2) it ALWAYS contams 3) you hardly get yield

BRF PF tek is a better way to go if you want small grows

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2021, 09:55:23 AM »
I plan on buying two of these today for my kids. Remote control toys are fun. Last year I got R/C cars so now I’m switching it up and trying boats.

https://www.harborfreight.com/radio-controlled-speedboat-95641.html

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1197
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2021, 09:59:09 AM »
I want one of those crazy massages where they just lay into you on their elbows with all their body weight for 2 hours.  The ones where it’s excruciating and you have to drink Gatorade afterwards because of all the lactic acid that apparently gets released.

I bet my knots have knots.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2021, 10:15:32 AM »
I just bought 2 of these snowskates for my 10 year old and I to use in the backyard. They feel pretty solid, better than the old premier ones me and my friends had back in the day. Pretty stoked to try them out. Definitely not expecting to do crazy shit like those ambition guys do, but it will be fun to set up some little ride on rails and boxes and mess around.

https://www.amazon.com/Krown-Snowskate-Space-Navy-Blue/dp/B07VFY4RB6/ref=sr_1_2?crid=HP13OP1VWYOD&keywords=krown+snowskate&qid=1638209392&qsid=146-1543299-2982953&sprefix=krown+snow%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-2&sres=B07VFY4RB6%2CB004UOL6DM%2CB01N6ZOYEL%2CB075FN35PH%2CB0116VD6O8%2CB01DI9W0R0%2CB0116VD724%2CB00415EJ34%2CB003DWC46A%2CB003CGTLJ0%2CB00ZGUZKTK%2CB004UOL72W%2CB004J00E9Y%2CB008EX36KG%2CB00ZGUZ52M%2CB018W7QXZ8

These backpack coolers are awesome too. My wife and I got two over the summer and they're perfect for taking to the beach, or out on the boat. We even did a tubing trip with a bunch of our friends and they all had backpacks too, everyone brings all the drinks and snacks they want and they're way easier to carry than a big bulky cooler. You can fit a ridiculous amount in it too. I'll probably get one for my dad to use when he goes fishing.

https://www.amazon.com/TOURIT-Insulated-Backpack-Lightweight-Leak-Proof/dp/B07BVKY2F8/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=backpack%2Bcooler&qid=1638209484&qsid=146-1543299-2982953&smid=A29DXXRE3BKYH7&sr=8-6&sres=B07RX6H4J8%2CB07BVKY49D%2CB08V3YJQ15%2CB088CPKBPQ%2CB098RTZVJQ%2CB07DQKS3MX%2CB08RBNYDHV%2CB09D93HDCJ%2CB08P176X14%2CB08T73KCB9%2CB0842C6YBC%2CB07XGZMLSM%2CB00J0S019S%2CB08P1712ZD%2CB08BZBWHF6%2CB096WX1YZ3%2CB0838V3SNP%2CB093GHDQZ8%2CB0912PTWJ6%2CB07TWTR3K8&srpt=ICE_CHEST&th=1

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2021, 01:09:13 PM »
I plan on buying two of these today for my kids. Remote control toys are fun. Last year I got R/C cars so now I’m switching it up and trying boats.

https://www.harborfreight.com/radio-controlled-speedboat-95641.html

Hellz yeah. Those look fun

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2021, 01:10:54 PM »
I want one of those crazy massages where they just lay into you on their elbows with all their body weight for 2 hours.  The ones where it’s excruciating and you have to drink Gatorade afterwards because of all the lactic acid that apparently gets released.

I bet my knots have knots.

I received one in NZ in 2019 that made me more sore for like 3 days. Pretty sure she was just an MMA fighter practicing on me, while I had a blindfold on.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »
My wife asked me what I wanted so I told her Lurpivs but when I was on the site I ordered Lurpiv zipper hoodies for my godson and three nephews so the order was expensive and I ended up paying it all so I‘ll offer the Lurpivs to myself. Plus a Lurpiv t shirt as well. The trucks better be good.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

biaherl

• Rep: 264
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2021, 03:26:23 PM »

Come on Santa I've been mostly good this year

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2021, 03:50:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah I really want an Oculus since finding out you can play RE4 on it
Only Xmas stuff I’ve bought so far are two board games, the Dune one for my brother & this one called Succulent for my mom
I’ve been looking at different mushroom grow kits online too, think I’m gonna order some to give as gifts and keep a couple for myself, they look cool
[close]
Mushroom grow kits do look very cool
i bought a couple last year they were great. super easy and fun

Loki700

• Rep: 74
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2021, 05:32:10 PM »
Expand Quote
I was thinking of getting the PS5 VR Headset for my 11 year old son and I for Xmas. He's been wanting a VR device for years. Does anyone have one? Are they any good?
[close]
I keep hearing about (I don’t know shit about it personally) the Occulus Quest II from a 13 yr old that I drive in carpool with my son to school.
Lil’ Mr. Knowitall says it’s the cheapest but 2nd best on the market. I defer to anyone else on this tho…

It’s worth it.  I had a Rift and the cable from the headset to the computer and needing the two IR sensors set up sucked.

The Quest 2 is completely wireless, and if you have a computer you can stream games from it over Wi-Fi.  It’s a ton of fun.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2021, 07:23:53 PM »

Got this book for myself but I highly recommend if you’re shopping for a music fan of any of these bands

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2021, 11:03:26 PM »
Any sick gift ideas for a 31 year old ex-skate rat that worshipped the Flip Sorry, Baker 2G, This is Skateboarding era of skating and loves to still watch and talk shit on current skating?

We've done the usual gifts like a Muska Silhouette poster. Baker 2g and shortys t shirts. Stumped on a new idea in that same realm of nostalgic but still kinda cool gift to actually have

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2021, 02:56:19 AM »
Any sick gift ideas for a 31 year old ex-skate rat that worshipped the Flip Sorry, Baker 2G, This is Skateboarding era of skating and loves to still watch and talk shit on current skating?

We've done the usual gifts like a Muska Silhouette poster. Baker 2g and shortys t shirts. Stumped on a new idea in that same realm of nostalgic but still kinda cool gift to actually have
Late 90s/early 00s Skate magazines? Seem to be easier to find than decks and shoes etc altho there's some jokers who think they are worth way more than I'd say they are.
Remake a t shirt of that era by finding a decent picture and doing one of those photo on a t shirt things maybe.

I really want like a million piece jigsaw puzzle. Preferably pretty small pieces (so the total size is more manageable) and a complex picture. (Yeah I'm getting fucking old).
Thrasher should make jigsaw puzzles of famous skate photos.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2021, 06:34:33 AM »
Cold weather got me asking for some slippers/house shoes. Tired of putting shoes and socks on just to get something out of the garage or take out the trash.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2021, 07:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Late 90s/early 00s Skate magazines? Seem to be easier to find than decks and shoes etc altho there's some jokers who think they are worth way more than I'd say they are.

I second the magazine, it's a trip through time to flip through old mags. Not just for skateboarding but life in general (mail order shit, no website / email addresses, liberal use of non-PC words, fashion). There are lots of sellers on eBay who sell loose copies, find one with a skater on the cover or an interview.

It's very cheesy but in the 2000s corporations tried to sell us skateboarding trading cards. The photos on the cards aren't great but they include a write up about the skater at the back.

Dustin Dollin: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234329841144?hash=item368f259df8:g:1PIAAOSwUf1htDfc
Chris Cobra Cole: https://www.ebay.com/itm/233104833640?hash=item3646217c68:g:nlYAAOSwx5pgk2p5
Daveed: https://www.ebay.com/itm/233208644556?hash=item364c5183cc:g:ho4AAOSw8q9eHCzx
Lord and Savior Jah: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284373936004?hash=item423601e784:g:e38AAOSwfnVg8bbw
Rodney Mullen (this one I actually bought and enjoy, paid $5 with shipping):

image uploader

Skateboarders are easy, especially if they love memorabilia for a bygone time. It's regular people I struggle with.

For regular people I've discovered the wonders of quality beef jerky, Not the store bought stuff, pair that with some craft beer and you have a gift that hints at impending alcoholism but with a touch of class.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2021, 07:21:03 AM »
My son (7 years old), is getting:
-new Rawlings baseball glove (pure chance the colors match our teams)
-Beyblades ("pro series" ones, I dunno much about these but he's into them)
-"Beylocker" (storage for those things)

-Paw Patrol game for Switch
-Five Nights at Freddys game collection
-Paw Patrol City tower playset
-some blocks to build stuff
-Minecraft bed stuff
-Unspeakable keyboard, mouse & Headset

His one friend told him that "Paw Patrol is for little kids", so he's had this sorta of embarrassment about still liking it, but I told him "Fuck em, like what you want dude", and so he's still all about those guys. If any of you dudes know Minecraft, then I would guess you know the Unspeakable guy/youtube channel. Well, my son loves that stuff, and he has a laptop, so I figured I'd get him all of the computer gear.

Wife:
Since she's from New Zealand, I tend to order her a bunch of food from there that is hard to get. She is also into bags and perfume, which means that I will probably buy some of that too. She likes legit brands of that stuff - no Britney perfume from Walmart up in harrr. And she likes gadgets (iCrap).

Me:
All I want is a Slayer flag to put in my garage.

My wife tends to spoil me on XMas, but I really don't want her to this year. Over the years she has gotten me things like:
-Suicidal Tendencies join the army poster from 1987 (as seen in the "How Will I laugh tomorrow" video)
-signed Suicidal Tendencies poster
-signed Danny Way board
-signed Cardiel board
-she got Jay Adams to send me stuff while i lived in NZ
-a quarterpipe for our old garage
-Brian Lotti original paintings
-autographed Mickey Mantle photo
-signed Adam Wainwright jersey
-signed Jim Edmonds jersey

so she's done extremely well over the years. I feel like I've received enough cool stuff, would rather give.

I for the life of me can't figure out how beyblades are still relavent. I use to be into that shit in middle school, even went to some tournaments. like 17 years ago dude.

5 nights at freddy's is horror, but  like horror for middle school kids. Basically you spend the night in a haunted chucky cheese while the animatronics try to murder you. It's creepy ambiance and jump scares. It may be too intense for a 7 year old. Also, at least the first one, is a point and click, with menu's a backstory told in text. You may have to play it with your kid. Although it's possible that he's seen it on youtube and may have learned how to play by watching videos. I have no idea what the other games in the collection are like.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1592
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2021, 09:00:56 PM »
I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get my dad who is 75, so I am going function and utility over anything else.

These are the most comfortable slides I have ever worn. I'm on my second pair. Plan on getting him these. If you know a person's shoe size, get them these. They are adjustable too.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/adidas-mens-alphabounce-slides-17adimlphbncsldblsld/17adimlphbncsldblsld

Also bought him a massage gun. He is supposed to have knee replacement in January, so I figure this will help after when he starts PT and is sore.  This was really cheap for a massage gun.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/flexir-recovery-muscle-massager-black/6469987.p?skuId=6469987
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2021, 09:11:42 PM »
I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get my dad who is 75, so I am going function and utility over anything else.

These are the most comfortable slides I have ever worn. I'm on my second pair. Plan on getting him these. If you know a person's shoe size, get them these. They are adjustable too.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/adidas-mens-alphabounce-slides-17adimlphbncsldblsld/17adimlphbncsldblsld

Also bought him a massage gun. He is supposed to have knee replacement in January, so I figure this will help after when he starts PT and is sore.  This was really cheap for a massage gun.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/flexir-recovery-muscle-massager-black/6469987.p?skuId=6469987

How about a food basket? I usually buy about $50.00 worth of dried meat, cheeses, fancy crackers, fruit cake, coffee, cookies, etc…

I like giving food that I wouldn’t buy myself because I can’t justify spending that much on myself for snacks.

Or, you could get him a bottle of single malt bourbon. There are also some nice aged tequilas out there.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2021, 09:18:21 PM »
Cold weather got me asking for some slippers/house shoes. Tired of putting shoes and socks on just to get something out of the garage or take out the trash.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/83392?page=mens-wicked-good-lodge-chukkas&bc=517001&feat=517001-GN2&csp=a&pos=24

these will last a long, long time. Had my first pair for over 10 years before the sheepskin wore out. The chukkas with laces take a while to break in and loosen up, but the bootie shaped ones are pretty dope off the bat.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2021, 10:36:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How about a food basket? I usually buy about $50.00 worth of dried meat, cheeses, fancy crackers, fruit cake, coffee, cookies, etc…

I like giving food that I wouldn’t buy myself because I can’t justify spending that much on myself for snacks.

Or, you could get him a bottle of single malt bourbon. There are also some nice aged tequilas out there.

Seen on Reddit - some quality tires for his truck / car. Safety and a comfortable ride.

Or some Ace Classics.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2021, 11:03:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A nice tequila is not a bad idea. His current wife is insufferable.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Seen on Reddit - some quality tires for his truck / car. Safety and a comfortable ride.

Or some Ace Classics.

He's going to be out of commission for about 3 months and his ride is already totally fine. I'll likely splurge on edibles of the low mg variety and see how that goes. Great idea though!

Never forget:

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2021, 06:14:39 AM »
Well... finally finished X-Mas shopping.
My son is into Squid Games, but was with us when we did this sooo eh whatever.
I got him a Squid Games poster (with the red light green light doll - best part) finished his presents.
My wife finally went with me. Which means, I can get her shit. She's super picky so surprises are terrible for her.
Bought her 3 different perfumes (which are expensive to me), some winter gear, some earrings and she wanted a mixer for the kitchen so yeah done!
She bought me a Blues Ryan O'Reilly replica jersey (sweet!) and I bought myself an old Sega Genesis with NHL 93 - my favorite game of all time that isn't skateboard related. Oh, and I bought the new Thrasher with Fred Gall. Putting that in my stocking so I can be surprised on X-Mas morning, lol

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2021, 03:58:19 PM »
Bought myself a food processor on sale yesterday, came home to my GF giving me shit and telling me to return it because "Christmas is coming" and I've ruined it now

It was a great deal okay. I probably bought the one she got me cheaper than she paid for it

Christmas is weird sometimes

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2021, 07:24:25 PM »
I got my fiancé a comb binding machine so that she can start to make sketchbooks with different papers and collage elements. We recently saw a show of collage at the art institute in Chicago and she was super inspired, and later that day we saw somebody selling sketch books made with a comb binder and she said it would be so cool to make them, so I got her a nice one that was around $100 that had great reviews.
And also a modest mouse sweater with mushrooms on it.
And a set of 97a spitfire classics.

I bought myself a couple blunt steel rails
And I asked for thunder hollows.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2021, 06:40:37 AM »
I gave all the kids stylophones on the 3rd? Night of Hanukkah. I got 4 $25 gift certificates too for Xmas morning. I'm also working on 40x30 canvases for adults.

Im probably not getting anything except the 100 bucks my mom and McKenna gave me. That's fine.

The ultimate gift for me would be some plywood to make a box and some angle iron.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2021, 08:43:50 PM »
My father's wife has always been quite a dipshit, but now she is very advanced in age and losing stuff constantly. This helps keep track of where your wallet is and keys are.  If I lived in an actual house and not a studio apartment I'd definitely get one, particularly the combo (about 40$).

https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 10:53:14 AM by pugmaster »

Never forget: