Author Topic: Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef  (Read 16796 times)

Copthorne14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef
« on: November 03, 2021, 05:00:17 PM »
There was a recent stop and chat with Chris haslam and they talked about rad rat and his vids on lazer flips Kelly called Aaron a dork etc. Kiwi flips and so on...

Who is right or wrong, should slap balloon this into a big kerfuffle.

Original vid

Stop n chat

Aaron mad

I personally think Aaron is being a bit salty but should get a spot on the experience to talk it out as they are all reasonable people. But this is slap so....

cky enthusiast

Re: Rad rat and Kelly/nine club beef
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 05:11:36 PM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 05:14:04 PM »
Team Rad Rat all day. Kelly Hart is a manbaby.

Shoutout @silhouette
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 05:14:34 PM »
let’s be completely honest here. Kelly comes off as a nice dude, but when it comes to the guests, he is a dickrider. always has been. when the guest is on he’s on all fours choking on them and anything they say is “sick!!!!” so of course the topic came up and he shit on radrat to uplift chris haslam. i don’t think it’s that deep. crob on the other hand, who cares.

Copthorne14

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 05:22:15 PM »
let’s be completely honest here. Kelly comes off as a nice dude, but when it comes to the guests, he is a dickrider. always has been. when the guest is on he’s on all fours choking on them and anything they say is “sick!!!!” so of course the topic came up and he shit on radrat to uplift chris haslam. i don’t think it’s that deep. crob on the other hand, who cares.
I completely agree with this, but If nine club are happy to chat multiple times with internetters like && then I think it'd be fraternal to at least have a chat with Aaron on the xp or Green room or give Aaron opportunity to report back. As I say  I think they are all alright people so there's no reason to kick off over it. Doubt that will happen though.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 05:27:27 PM »
internet in its current form is turning everyone from age 12 to 65 into a perpetual teenager

And on that note, fuck cariuma!!!! Muahahah

Copthorne14

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 05:29:45 PM »
internet in its current form is turning everyone from age 12 to 65 into a perpetual teenager

You're on a forum that has been around for years about a useless wooden toy bro

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 05:30:31 PM »
Slap has extended an olive branch to them a few times and they chose to keep the relationship antagonistic. For example, they were pretty lame when @Monkey_Mcpott called in and this is before it was clear what he's trying to do in his own lane in skate media. They hit him with classic cool guy behavior the second he said he was a poster.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Copthorne14

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 05:33:21 PM »
Slap has extended an olive branch to them a few times and they chose to keep the relationship antagonistic. For example, they were pretty lame when @Monkey_Mcpott called in and this is before it was clear what he's trying to do in his own lane in skate media. They hit him with classic cool guy behavior the second he said he was a poster.

I would say for a podcast crew they really don't understand the internet. But maybe they could get better.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 05:35:11 PM »
Oh no.
Rad Rat makde a click bait title that ends up getting him lightly mocked.
Too bad.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 05:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Right and I think sometimes the gnar system can make people a little crazy but shit like Facebook and Instagram is still relatively new and it’s like some people never grew out of a high school/college mentality of having to be validated and popular

I had a slap account wayy before Facebook was even a thing. this forum doesn’t have the same kind of effect social media does on the brain. I’m also in a jdm forum for like 20 years and people mostly talk about cars I think forums are awesome

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 05:37:25 PM »
I take it OP does not know of our resident french G @silhouette .

Slap can ironically love Rad Rat all it wants, but I know where I stand when it comes to a random youtuber vs a room full of established pros. At least he acknowledged that Chris wasn't really the hater, but at the same time I'm not gonna be upset if someone talks shit on a youtuber. Comes with the territory when you try to gain notoriety in skateboarding without paying the legitimate dues.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 05:38:49 PM »

I thought they acted sort of surface-level respectful, but none of them seemed to like speaking to a slap pal for some crazy reason.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Copthorne14

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2021, 05:39:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Right and I think sometimes the gnar system can make people a little crazy but shit like Facebook and Instagram is still relatively new and it’s like some people never grew out of a high school/college mentality of having to be validated and popular

I had a slap account wayy before Facebook was even a thing. this forum doesn’t have the same kind of effect social media does on the brain. I’m also in a jdm forum for like 20 years and people mostly talk about cars I think forums are awesome

I cant argue when I see some of the shit on here and all that instagram beef stuff mate!

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2021, 05:39:41 PM »
    Is he really trying to say that just because you use your back foot in combination with the front that it’s cheating? Kelly’s a jock but he’s definitely right about this one. You don’t call out Haslom and Ishod for being cheaters just for using a little pocket action. Back foot pressure and scoop is the key to most flip tricks. He’s not only a dork but a very pretentious one at that. I’m a dork too but at least I’ve got enough self awareness to not get pissed if someone calls me one.....don’t let that sexy beard go to your head Rat.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2021, 05:41:24 PM »
I'm not gonna be upset if someone talks shit on a youtuber. Comes with the territory when you try to gain notoriety in skateboarding without paying the legitimate dues.

He’s a skate nerd with a YouTube channel talking skate nerd shit.  It’s not like he’s trying to barge into the industry Remive style. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »
    Is he really trying to say that just because you use your back foot in combination with the front that it’s cheating? Kelly’s a jock but he’s definitely right about this one. You don’t call out Haslom and Ishod for being cheaters just for using a little pocket action. Back foot pressure and scoop is the key to most flip tricks. He’s not only a dork but a very pretentious one at that. I’m a dork too but at least I’ve got enough self awareness to not get pissed if someone calls me one.....don’t let that sexy beard go to your head Rat.

He literally made the opposite conclusion in both vidoes

TheDingus

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2021, 06:09:11 PM »
Oh no.
Rad Rat makde a click bait title that ends up getting him lightly mocked.
Too bad.

And they didn’t even call him out by name. Dude is just looking for clickbait. Rad rad sucks balls.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2021, 06:16:39 PM »
i watched that nineclub episode last night and would not have even known who they were talking about - going to have to click the kelly laugh on mad rat

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2021, 06:19:04 PM »

I take it as Kelly is just a complete fan of skateboarding & appreciative of the guests taking the time to come on the show

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 06:19:12 PM »
Rad Rat is the most feared man in the industry right now

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 06:24:33 PM »
I don't have an opinion on this thread, but if you hop a fence to get to a spot, that's kind of cheating in a societal sense, and then if you land a cheating version of a laser flip at said spot, do the two cheats cancel each other out, universally speaking?

conqueso

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 06:35:22 PM »
deshawn jordan basically admitted its a pressure flip on his recent episode

Copthorne14

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2021, 07:01:56 PM »
deshawn jordan basically admitted its a pressure flip on his recent episode

Being a late 90s/early 2000s kid I reckon basically most of my tricks are pressure flips of some description. Idk. They go off the ground, they can't be THAT wack.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2021, 07:30:58 PM »
Rad Rat is still looking hot. Hope he’s crushing all of that post-divorce pussy.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2021, 07:39:25 PM »

Really feel like movies and tv aren't helping either. You can watch something from a decade ago and it's good for adults. Now adult shows are just kid shows with nudity and violence wedged in.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2021, 07:47:35 PM »
Kelly is low key more of a dork then this dude will ever be

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2021, 07:48:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Really feel like movies and tv aren't helping either. You can watch something from a decade ago and it's good for adults. Now adult shows are just kid shows with nudity and violence wedged in.

We shape our tools and then our tools shape us.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2021, 08:08:26 PM »
Rad rat > Kelly Fart

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103