Author Topic: Thread of random advice  (Read 6873 times)

4LOM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Thread of random advice
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2021, 05:53:49 PM »
Get a mentor

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2021, 06:09:46 PM »
When leaving a job always make sure you and your boss end up in good terms because you never know when you will encounter one another again
  wish younger self did this. Always leave a 2 weeks notice

quackquack

• Rep: -397
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2021, 08:55:40 PM »
Get your credit rolling early.

Take out a $100 secured credit card, fill up your gas tank once a month, and pay the fucker off.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2021, 12:16:25 AM »
Buy a bunch of mints, cough drops, phone chargers(with extension cords if necessary) pasta scoops (pasta scoops are good cheap back scratchers) and leave them all around the house in places you sit and in your car.

Bunch of Hand sanitizers in car and at strategic points around the house

Basically just setup your place so you have the stuff you want on hand ready for when/where you want it.

If you're designing a house/apartment put a sink right near the front door. Barely any houses do this and it would be such an improvement. If you have space for an extra toilet then put in an extra toilet. You can't have too many.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2021, 02:43:22 AM »
Have a one only dedicated spot for your wallet and your keys where you always put them when you get home.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2021, 05:45:52 AM »
Buy a bunch of mints, cough drops, phone chargers(with extension cords if necessary) pasta scoops (pasta scoops are good cheap back scratchers) and leave them all around the house in places you sit and in your car.

You just have a bunch of pasta scoops laying all around your house and in your car?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1427
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2021, 05:59:45 AM »
When your work nemesis shows up hammered, kindly feed her lies that everyone's been talking shit on her. She'll run to HR and tattle like the melodramatic pile of shit she is. When HR drags everyone in, claim "IDK what Phillis is talking about, she always shows up drunk". Since she reeked of booze, she got shitcanned on the spot.

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2021, 06:08:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You just have a bunch of pasta scoops laying all around your house and in your car?
Haha yeah. Well just 3 (bed, couch, car) and kitchen drawer but that ones for pasta not back scratching.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2021, 07:35:17 AM »
When your work nemesis shows up hammered, kindly feed her lies that everyone's been talking shit on her. She'll run to HR and tattle like the melodramatic pile of shit she is. When HR drags everyone in, claim "IDK what Phillis is talking about, she always shows up drunk". Since she reeked of booze, she got shitcanned on the spot.

quackquack

• Rep: -397
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2021, 10:20:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh, the places you'll go.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2021, 04:47:28 PM »
If you lose a screw to your glasses/sunglasses take a toothpick and break it off in the slot that connects the arms to the frame, not a permanent fix but it works.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2021, 05:59:03 PM »
Quit sinning. Escape Hell.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2021, 07:29:14 PM »
If anyone, including family, asks to borrow money you should expect that you'll never see it ever again.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2021, 08:39:10 PM »
listening to beach boys on ecstasy is peak peaking
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Movies

• Rep: 7
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2021, 08:49:28 PM »
If you wear corrective lenses, keep a back-up pair of glasses and/or lots of extra contacts.
If you require prescription medication, maintain a back-up supply. More than you think you'll ever need.
Keep a substantial stockpile of emergency food, water, first aid and camping supplies on hand.
Always keep your gas tank full and your vehicle well maintained.
Know some basic self defense techniques and be comfortable using firearms.
Know how to grow a garden, forage, hunt and fish.
Have all your important phone numbers and addresses written down on a piece of paper.
Have a plan on where to meet your loved ones if you are all away from the house and the transportation grid goes down.
Know where all your important documents / passports / cash etc. are located in the house and ready to grab at a moments notice.
Have an up to date (and detailed) map book in your collection (not just for your local area, but your entire State/Province/Region) - Back roads atlases are the best.
If you live in a large urban area, have a plan on how to get out quickly. Know where all the bridges and bottlenecks are, and how to get around them if need be.

Most of all, try not to worry because I'm sure everything will be just fine.

pro club blanks

« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2021, 10:48:54 PM »
Be exceedingly kind and understanding whenever humanly possible. Life is long and the smallest gestures can stick with people for a long time. Something inconsequential to you can turn someones whole day around.

Enemies can turn to friends and vice versa in unpredictable ways so try not to be overly dogmatic or carry grudges when it comes to interacting with others.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2021, 12:24:39 AM »
Ask for your partners passwords for mobile and laptop so that you can access them in case they are not here for some reason (e.g. laying in the intensive care unconsciously) and you should pay their bills, contact their boss or something.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2021, 03:04:15 AM »
Never cross a road while looking at your phone please be aware of your surroundings when walking outside

live, laugh, love

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2021, 05:18:50 AM »
Go switch when whacking of to avoid curving your junk.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2021, 06:14:35 AM »
be grateful. we have more blessings than were able to count. respect the elderly

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2021, 06:51:07 AM »
be grateful. we have more blessings than were able to count. respect the elderly

everything here really, but especially this last part--more than ever too...i worry so much about how hard this fast, vicious world is to deal with on the daily when one is still fairly young and strong, let alone up in age--shit, just think about how crazy assholes get if you drive the speed limit half the time...we really do need to be mindful of the elderly trying to navigate it all

not to stray too far here, but a few times i read some shit early on in the pandemic about teenagers purposely coughing in the faces of old folks on the street, and if i ever saw that foul shit go down in person, i would fucking see red and could not be held accountable for my actions

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2021, 01:34:57 AM »
Every angle grinder available to purchase is a ‘left handed’ grinder like, stock
Fuck what you heard and I don’t know nor do I care but if you have a think about the way the blade spins you are fucking dreaming putting the guard on backwards

Listen to me cunts
Don’t put that guard on backwards
Particularly with a cut off disc

I was caught short today and I had to snake Yuen’s Bosch real quick and I got it done but gave his grinder to the safety guy
Don’t do it

No wonder we just use the prick for grouting

I think he unscrewed a whole bunch of shit and mounted it 180
Fuck that, don’t do that shit people

Edit

I totally care
Don’t fuck around with those metal cut off discs ay
Google it if you don’t believe

Edit

Should have just said
Don’t mod your grinder
listen to cosmic psychos

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2021, 06:06:34 AM »
If you’re smart about it, you can pretty much turn shoplifting into a lifestyle.  It’s really not that hard.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sketchyrider

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2021, 06:36:23 AM »
If you’re smart about it, you can pretty much turn shoplifting into a lifestyle.  It’s really not that hard.

reminds me of the time i encouraged my friend to steal a watch and then he got arrested. i don't shop drunk anymore after that.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2021, 06:38:46 AM »
It doesn't matter how smart you are. Incorporating crime into your lifestyle is something I'd highly recommend against.

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2021, 08:02:52 AM »
When it comes up 'instrumental' during a karaoke song, don't sing the word 'instrumental'.

Also, someone said this on a podcast and I stand by it: When ordering pizza for a group, don’t overthink it. Order 3 to 1 margherita because everyone is comfortable eating margherita and it’s always the first to go. If there’s loads of it, people feel ok having a bunch of slices. If there’s one fancy chicken thing and one sausage thing and one vegetable thing, everyone has to keep count and feels they can only have one slice of each.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2021, 08:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Floss at least several times a week
[close]

I was never a flosser ‘til a friend of mine told me to floss just between a few teeth and to smell it. He told me if I did that, I’d find out why it’s important and I’d be a flosser for life.

I now floss everyday after almost every meal, that odor was straight-up FOUL and disturbing.

I was convinced by Bill Burr who used to be a dental assistant he said the best thing to his patients
"you do wipe after you take a shit right?  Then why dont you floss"

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2021, 09:59:49 AM »
If you have kids or are around kids, keep your phone away from them at least until they are in their mid-teens. Young people's skull bones are not fully fused together until they are 25. The radiation emitted by smartphones can cause brain tumors in children and young adults because the tiny fissures between the plates in their craniums allow more radiation to penetrate their brains. Besides, what the fuck does a six-year-old need a phone for anyway?

The use of smartphone technology on a global scale is the largest self-experiment in human history. Nobody knows what the full effects of having these little personal cancer-enhancers on our persons at all times is having on us and on our animals and children exposed to them.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2021, 11:55:33 AM »
do NOT use the  3 seashells

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2021, 01:07:45 PM »
In a career be more aggressive about title advancement than money.  If you're not making much but can put some time into a more prestigious title you can simply leave and say you were making double what you were likely to get a raise or match on that amount at the new company.  Titles and job families are getting more and more normalized so often you're going to get only the title you were at.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog