Author Topic: Epiphanies that helped your skateboarding  (Read 2854 times)

I-am-12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Epiphanies that helped your skateboarding
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2024, 02:19:05 PM »
You don't come out of the bowl / go above your board and coping for a rock and roll.

If you pump up, sit backseat, and focus on getting your rear trucks as close to the coping as possible, you'll end up doing a MASSIVE, super stylish rock and roll.

type

• Rep: -51
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2024, 05:16:46 PM »
Dont fight the switch, go with it
I’m stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy’s

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • sup dog
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2024, 06:24:15 PM »
I cant tell you how much… actually yes i can…

skating sub 8” boards, you’re naturally always going to be on your toes if you line up with the edge of the board for ollies.

On more than 8.25” and up, there’s more chance of being more “flat footed” if your toes are aligned with the edge of the board.

So just scooting your toes back from the edge, you will be on your toes again to pop fat ollies again.

Watch out Tiago, I’m coming for yah.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2024, 07:02:44 AM »
Less (power) is more (control)

Been spending more time on my warm up just focusing on popping proper ollies, can't bone them out yet but just lofty and leveled. It's taken me a long time to in internalize that a solid ollie is more about timing, drag and lifting the back foot than popping harder - overcoming 20 years of poor form takes time!

2 things that are gradually  helped correct my ollie
- a friend pointing out that I was dragging very slowly while popping disproportionally hard, resulting in a height but rocket
- I started observing where the the grip was wearing on a fresh coat of Shoe Goo. In the past it used to be near the tip, around the 2nd or 3rd toe, now its more side on around the little toe area to get a solid drag parallel to my forward momentum
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • sup dog
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2024, 07:15:48 PM »
Less (power) is more (control)

Been spending more time on my warm up just focusing on popping proper ollies, can't bone them out yet but just lofty and leveled. It's taken me a long time to in internalize that a solid ollie is more about timing, drag and lifting the back foot than popping harder - overcoming 20 years of poor form takes time!

2 things that are gradually  helped correct my ollie
- a friend pointing out that I was dragging very slowly while popping disproportionally hard, resulting in a height but rocket
- I started observing where the the grip was wearing on a fresh coat of Shoe Goo. In the past it used to be near the tip, around the 2nd or 3rd toe, now its more side on around the little toe area to get a solid drag parallel to my forward momentum
A good, level, knees-sucked ollie is a fine craft indeed 8)
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2024, 06:14:51 PM »
 Its about breathing

Breathe in approaching the trick or obstacle, exhale on the pop. Ive got awful focus and blink a lot. bringing mindfulness into the trick has gone a very long ways. As soon as i remember to do that while skating, i start landing most things im trying. Its been huge
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty