Author Topic: WTB independent forged baseplates  (Read 494 times)

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
WTB independent forged baseplates
« on: October 31, 2021, 06:22:11 AM »
I’m looking for a set of forged plates, to pair with some mid hangers for the lowest possible Indy. I will replace the kingpins, so even if you have a set with a broken kingpin or even the pins out I’m interested.

Anybody have a set they would part with?

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
Re: WTB independent forged baseplates
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 06:52:45 PM »
I must have a pair somewhere. I’ll check when I get home from surfing tomorrow afternoon

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 05:22:45 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate it!

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 01:11:24 PM »
You know what I have an extra pair of  unused forged baseplates that I machined in my dad's metal shop to have a threaded insert that allows for use of a threaded insert (been doing this for YEARS before Indy finally did something similar with that sleeved insert in the Mid baseplate). Since it's threaded up to the top as seen in the second photo, you've also got to thread an extra 8mm or so to the threads of most inverted kingpins to get them to tighten beyond a Daewon wobbble! Extra work, but it's a more stable inverted baseplate since it's threaded more than just at the nut part of the Mid baseplate sleeve.

From what I've heard the mid hanger switched to a baseplate with a normal kingpin has some clearance issues. So maybe this is an option for you, keep that inverted kingpin with the lower forged baseplate? Let me know! I have some unused Krux downlow kingpins I threaded extra to save you that work if you are interested.

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 02:26:37 PM »
That is awesome! You should charge independent for the rights to use your design!
Pm’d