Author Topic: Have You Ever Lit Money On Fire?  (Read 915 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Have You Ever Lit Money On Fire?
« on: November 10, 2021, 06:16:55 PM »
Have you ever deliberately lit paper money on fire before?  If so, why? 

Trying to prove you don’t care about money while in an argument about money?

Moment of pure hedonism as you use $100 bill to light your cigar?

Performance art?  Protest?  Did you later regret it?  Share your story, hot shot.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cky enthusiast

Re: Have You Ever Lit Money On Fire?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 06:40:15 PM »
lead singer in a band i was in lit a dollar bill on fire then ate it

idk why i was too busy drumming

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 10:45:33 PM »
Wait..that's illegal!

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 03:16:24 AM »
Maybe once back when these were around;

But then again I probably would’ve spent any money I had on chips or chocolate bars.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 03:45:03 AM »
why? it buys food, weed and booze

Fhk

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 04:36:42 AM »
In the Winter months I use Benjamin's to feed my wood stove.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 04:53:48 AM »

You could probably but metric tons of Venezuela currency for a couple o US and get a cheap fuel source.

Fhk

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 05:05:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You could probably but metric tons of Venezuela currency for a couple o US and get a cheap fuel source.
Thank you, I will have my people look into that. You will be compensated if it works out.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 05:53:05 AM »
everytime i open slap

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 06:57:34 AM »
Burnt a dollar to look rebellious when I was like 13. Then was pissed cuz I couldn't buy Skittles

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2021, 08:04:28 AM »
DeNero burning deniro

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 08:59:07 AM »
Never lit any on fire, but I threw $100 in 20s and 10s at a girl once.

I was about 21 and one of my friends parents had a halloween party and let some of us come. They were super well off and drinks were basically unlimited, so we did what 21 year olds do and got fucking wrecked. My friends sister was back from her first semester at college and she had to prove how awesome of a drinker she was, so she was going extra hard, doing keg stands and shit. One of my friends said something to her like "i'll bet you $20 you puke in the next 20 minutes." to which I upped it to "I'll give you $100!". Neither of us were serious, we were just giving her shit, but some random ass lady runs up and says to me "I bet you dont even have $100!" I delivered pizza so pretty much all my money was cash back then, and I did have over $100 on me, but not much more. I kinda tryed to just laugh at her, but she was super insistant that I show her I really did have $100, and she went on about how I needed to pay up when the sister didn't puke. Anyway, she finally leaves me alone, sister doesn't puke and the night goes on. I blacked out from hitting the ice luge too many times. I wake up in the morning and gather my things and exactly $100 is missing from my wallet, and I have no idea what happened to it. Finally, I talk to one of my friends who was there and she tells me that the crazy lady cornered me later on at the party and started yelling at me and calling me a chump for not paying my buddys sister $100 (sister didn't care, she knew it wasn't a real bet and never hounded me or my other friend about it). So in a blackout I pulled $100 in 20s and 10s from my wallet and threw it in her face, told her to leave me the fuck alone and walked away.

Not my proudest moment.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2021, 09:06:36 AM »
So in a blackout I pulled $100 in 20s and 10s from my wallet and threw it in her face

Hahaha, I knew something good would come of this thread.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

artskool

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 09:25:37 AM »
I used to tear money up while drunk in bars for a laugh sometimes way back when. It's pretty much worth it for the reactions.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 09:32:11 AM »
There's a lot of plastic in the bills here now, I haven't tried but am curious now how/if they burn. Might be some pretty colours.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2021, 10:59:55 AM »
Nope. I did buy a grill from the salvation army down the street from my apartment in college and burned my junk mail daily.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2021, 11:18:10 AM »

I was about 21 and one of my friends parents had a halloween party and let some of us come. They were super well off and drinks were basically unlimited, so we did what 21 year olds do and got fucking wrecked. My friends sister was back from her first semester at college and she had to prove how awesome of a drinker she was, so she was going extra hard, doing keg stands and shit. One of my friends said something to her like "i'll bet you $20 you puke in the next 20 minutes." to which I upped it to "I'll give you $100!". Neither of us were serious, we were just giving her shit, but some random ass lady runs up and says to me "I bet you dont even have $100!" I delivered pizza so pretty much all my money was cash back then, and I did have over $100 on me, but not much more. I kinda tryed to just laugh at her, but she was super insistant that I show her I really did have $100, and she went on about how I needed to pay up when the sister didn't puke. Anyway, she finally leaves me alone, sister doesn't puke and the night goes on. I blacked out from hitting the ice luge too many times. I wake up in the morning and gather my things and exactly $100 is missing from my wallet, and I have no idea what happened to it. Finally, I talk to one of my friends who was there and she tells me that the crazy lady cornered me later on at the party and started yelling at me and calling me a chump for not paying my buddys sister $100 (sister didn't care, she knew it wasn't a real bet and never hounded me or my other friend about it). So in a blackout I pulled $100 in 20s and 10s from my wallet and threw it in her face, told her to leave me the fuck alone and walked away.

Not my proudest moment.

Wow this is tight.  i hope this is what happens when im black out drunk after waking up broke the next mornings always
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

manysnakes

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2021, 11:25:18 AM »
I am Jewish so of course I fucking have not. My mother would sense this from 2,000 miles away and have a heart attack.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2021, 11:38:21 AM »
If you mean the proverbial sense of wasting money on a worthless whore of an exwife than yeah, I torched 12+ year’s of money on some bitch.

I’m mending my heart as we speak but I’m sure as the day is shining I’m bitter as fuck, why waste my time.

user18081971

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2021, 11:48:37 AM »

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2021, 11:53:03 AM »
I've never deliberately lit money on fire, but it does vaguely remind me of dumb shit people would do in High School where they'd have you wrap a dollar bill around your arm and put a lighter underneath it and it would burn your arm but not the bill.  Is that a thing, or am I just making that up?

Get hungry on it!

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2021, 11:59:17 AM »
i pretty much light money on fire by buying and smoking as much as i do
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Yu Dum

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2021, 01:42:11 PM »
After roughly 10 years of smoking cigarettes, you can bet your ass I burn money on a daily basis. Nearly 8$ worth every single day.

Other than that, never literally burned money. Just wasted it on petty entertainment, significant others, and tons of booze and weed.

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2021, 05:48:57 PM »
I've never deliberately lit money on fire, but it does vaguely remind me of dumb shit people would do in High School where they'd have you wrap a dollar bill around your arm and put a lighter underneath it and it would burn your arm but not the bill.  Is that a thing, or am I just making that up?

My brother got got by this. Wrap the bill around the forearm, hold a lit cig to the bill, burn your dumbass arm. Still has a gnarly scar. He also has burn scars all over his chest from smoking a cigar while slowly passing out.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2021, 06:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My brother got got by this. Wrap the bill around the forearm, hold a lit cig to the bill, burn your dumbass arm. Still has a gnarly scar. He also has burn scars all over his chest from smoking a cigar while slowly passing out.

Oh yeah that’s it, not a lighter but a cigarette cherry. 

Get hungry on it!

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2021, 07:25:16 PM »
Expand Quote

Not my proudest moment.
[close]

Wow this is tight.  i hope this is what happens when im black out drunk after waking up broke the next mornings always

I probably thought it was a baller move in the moment, but I've never been a baller and I really regretted doing it. $100 is a lot of money to just toss away like that, especially for me back then. I probably had like $14 left in my wallet.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2021, 03:10:28 AM »
spoiler alert
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2021, 08:40:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Not my proudest moment.
[close]

[close]

I probably thought it was a baller move in the moment, but I've never been a baller and I really regretted doing it. $100 is a lot of money to just toss away like that, especially for me back then. I probably had like $14 left in my wallet.
So did that crazy lady just keep the money, or did she give it to the sister? Seems to me that if the sister said she didn't give a shit about the money, you could have tried asking for it back.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.