Author Topic: Dublin  (Read 7098 times)

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Dublin
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:31:07 PM »
I'll be going there for the first two weeks of March and, as of right now, don't have much of a plan as to what to do. I want to try and skate at least a little so spot or park tips would be helpful, unless that time of year is so rainy that I shouldn't even bother. Any other things I should do or see would also be greatly appreciated! Maybe if anyone on here is from there you'd wanna meet up for a lil skate even?

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
Re: Dublin
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »
what, like dublin California or dublin Ireland? lol

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »
what, like dublin California or dublin Ireland? lol

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 09:34:47 PM »
ooohhh, well, can't help you there, have a nice trip.  ;D

ratherwatch

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 07:07:11 AM »
I'll be going there for the first two weeks of March and, as of right now, don't have much of a plan as to what to do. I want to try and skate at least a little so spot or park tips would be helpful, unless that time of year is so rainy that I shouldn't even bother. Any other things I should do or see would also be greatly appreciated! Maybe if anyone on here is from there you'd wanna meet up for a lil skate even?

Graham McPherson from here
G1 SKATEBOARD SHOP DUBLIN 2
11 FOWNES STREET TEMPLE BAR
DUBLIN 2 IRELAND

www.facebook.com/gtfskate

is the main man, also High Rollers is a good shop well connected to the scene. Wayne Gallagher at boarderco.com is a top fellow too. I think the indoor parks are shut down but there are a few plaza spots which always have skaters at them. If you want an authentic, non-touristy boozer the Long Hall on Georges Street is lovely inside.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:20:56 AM »
I've lived in Ireland 11 years and I still haven't skated Dublin.
Wish I could help you, but good luck and have a good time.
Also, the first two weeks of March? So you're leaving 3 days before Paddy's day? Bad buzz.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 08:05:02 AM »
Also, the first two weeks of March? So you're leaving 3 days before Paddy's day? Bad buzz.
yeah, still have school obligations to fulfill and what not. i'm already skipping out on a few days on each end of my spring break, but don't think i could extend it that long. And thanks ratherwatch also. Where exactly are these plazas or do you have names for them so I could find them on a map?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 05:51:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah, still have school obligations to fulfill and what not. i'm already skipping out on a few days on each end of my spring break, but don't think i could extend it that long. And thanks ratherwatch also. Where exactly are these plazas or do you have names for them so I could find them on a map?
I don't know if you'd call it a plaza, but there's the ledges in Portobello that are pretty plaza-like and they're close to town.
Anyway, here's some resources for skating Dublin.

http://www.dublininquirer.com/2016/09/27/in-portobello-skateboarders-want-to-go-legit/
http://www.skateeire.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/HighRollersDublin/

And there's loads of skateparks, most of them are just modular ones though. Anyway, have fun.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 06:47:12 AM »
That spot in portobello looks sick and is also close to where I'll be. Good looking out!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 07:42:37 AM »
No bother, globe trotter. Give me a shout closer to March and maybe I can head over to meet you in the big smoke and finally skate it. Good luck.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 11:21:35 PM »
i was in ireland for 3 weeks this summer, and saw quite a bit of good shit to skate in dublin. i was staying in an area called phibbsborough, and would skate down o'connell street and see a few things here and there. unfortunately every time i had my board with me, it poured rain aside from maybe one full day. i definitely saw a lot of great little plazas that looked like a lot of fun, kinda by the jameson distillery. i skated a metal ramp setup in fairview park which was ok too. the dudes at high roller just off of henry street were pretty cool and helpful. spent more time getting family history tours with my uncles and drinking guinness than i did seekin out spots.

i wish i'd had seen better weather in dublin, as soon as i left for wexford it was nothing but sunshine, but i was stuck on a goddamn farm with absolutely nothing to consider skating nearby, beautiful time aside from lack of skating though.

ratherwatch

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 06:02:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
http://www.familyday.ie/on-the-day/getting-there/
You can find Wolfe Tone Square on that link. Don't set bags down though, Dublin is blighted with heroin and all attendant theft problems.
Send Skate Eire a mail, they are the best chaps!

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 08:00:47 PM »
Not skating related but if you're heading over towards Galway, I would highly recommend a day trip to the Aran Islands. Definitely one of the top places I've ever visited.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Grind King Rims

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »
Not skating related but if you're heading over towards Galway, I would highly recommend a day trip to the Aran Islands. Definitely one of the top places I've ever visited.

Gnarred.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gnarred.
I'm going there now because of you, along with a trip to Connemara National Park. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu  8)

Grind King Rims

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Gnarred.
[close]
I'm going there now because of you, along with a trip to Connemara National Park. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu  8)

Bringing your board? In general I mean, not to Connemara.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 09:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Gnarred.
[close]
[close]

Bringing your board? In general I mean, not to Connemara.
Yeah, I believe I am. Not sure how much time I'll actually get to spend skating though.

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 03:24:35 PM »
Been skating in Dublin all me life and would be happy to show you around one of the days, depending on your age.

There's some decent parks around. Bushy, Lucan, Clondalkin, Fairview, and Clongriffen are all pretty popular. Only one indoor park around at the moment which is in Tallaght on the Belgard Road.

For street there a good few famous spots like the book ledges, new spot 9, the trinity banks, and other random ones. Really depends on what you're into but there should be something for everyone.

For nightlife, it really depends on your age. Hangar, Opium Rooms, D8, Coppers, Diceys, Whelans, and Academy are all popular with younger people.

Enjoy your trip bro, Dublin's a sick place if you know your way around. Dunno if you can DM on this but hit me up if you've anymore questions!

Grind King Rims

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 02:51:51 AM »
Well lads, did ye enjoy it?

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 08:21:59 AM »
Yeah, Dublin's a cool place and the weather was surprisingly nice for most of my time there. Only skated at Bushy park which was decent. I don't have anything bad to say about it except for the rain  ;D I also went out to Connemara and the Aran Islands and they're fucking incredible. No words can describe it out there

Grind King Rims

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 08:54:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, Dublin's a cool place and the weather was surprisingly nice for most of my time there. Only skated at Bushy park which was decent. I don't have anything bad to say about it except for the rain  ;D I also went out to Connemara and the Aran Islands and they're fucking incredible. No words can describe it out there

Ah good stuff. Glad ye enjoyed yourselves. I'll have to get out to the Aran Islands at some stage, but sure there's nothing to skate there so...  ;)

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 49
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2021, 12:43:27 PM »
Been skating in Dublin all me life and would be happy to show you around one of the days, depending on your age.

There's some decent parks around. Bushy, Lucan, Clondalkin, Fairview, and Clongriffen are all pretty popular. Only one indoor park around at the moment which is in Tallaght on the Belgard Road.

For street there a good few famous spots like the book ledges, new spot 9, the trinity banks, and other random ones. Really depends on what you're into but there should be something for everyone.

For nightlife, it really depends on your age. Hangar, Opium Rooms, D8, Coppers, Diceys, Whelans, and Academy are all popular with younger people.

Enjoy your trip bro, Dublin's a sick place if you know your way around. Dunno if you can DM on this but hit me up if you've anymore questions!

Cool. I am going to Dublin for a quick trip on wednesday, I was looking for some good bar tips. Is there a go to spot where skaters hang out?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cool. I am going to Dublin for a quick trip on wednesday, I was looking for some good bar tips. Is there a go to spot where skaters hang out?

Always a safe bet popping into the skate shop, High Rollers.
If there's a go-to pub for skaters, I'm not privvy to it anyway.
Only meeting place I can think of might be Portobello square. A couple ledges there, it's okay.
Hope you have a good time anyway.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2021, 10:07:15 PM »
Lmao I was gonna say dirty old town
But I googled it and it’s not even about Ireland
Who knew
listen to cosmic psychos

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2021, 12:34:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ah good stuff. Glad ye enjoyed yourselves. I'll have to get out to the Aran Islands at some stage, but sure there's nothing to skate there so...  ;)

We call them pubs :)

No skater pubs exactly but I can help you find good boozer

What kinda one ?

Hip/trendy, dodgy, old man boozer, nice food, music?

Are you gonna be skating? If so head to portobello and go from there.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Grind King Rims

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2021, 01:50:29 PM »
Who knew

You'd be surprised the amount of people who don't know it wasn't written about Dublin.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2021, 08:40:30 PM »
Who knew

Shane?