Author Topic: Wintertime Europe destinations  (Read 473 times)

Candied cigarettes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
Wintertime Europe destinations
« on: November 13, 2021, 05:11:13 PM »
I have a friend who’s going to grad school in the Netherlands, and I’m trying to go visit him while he’s on spring break. The issue is that it’s in February…

What are some cities in Europe where the weather isn’t shitty and there’s also some good skate scenes?

I was thinking somewhere in Portugal or Spain. Any destination recs?

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
Re: Wintertime Europe destinations
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 03:49:57 AM »
A guy I work with said Porto is going to be the new Barcelona soon, when he went there he said there were spots everywhere and from what I've seen on the batalhaboyz instagram the scene looks decent 

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 04:04:16 AM »
Yes, anything south of the Pyrenees or the Alps is good for skating in February.

However, one should also consider the pretty amazing indoor parks in Denmark, Sweden and Finland as well. Bryggeriet in Malm�he Stockholm skatepark or the few indoors in Helsinki, combined with a winter experience (sauna, party life as much as Covid allows) is a pretty cool and different thing to do, other than joining the skate/insta fame crowds in Barcelona.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 04:21:53 AM »
listen to the guy not mentioning sthlm as a winter skate destination

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 04:57:17 AM »
German skaters who have the time and money usually escape to Barcelona, Malaga, Mallorca or the Canary Islands in the winter.

Personally I would go to Malaga in the south of Spain. It’s got great spots, great food (tapas!), diy Parks and the weather in February is probably comparable to LA in the winter.

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 05:37:16 AM »
listen to the guy not mentioning sthlm as a winter skate destination

haha, fair point. Sthlm sucks in winter (yes, I lived there), but the Indoor is pretty cool and the party life / Swedish girls made up for the lack of sunshine. Really depends on what you're up for. Been to BCN, Malaga and Madrid so many times so I guess I'm just happy for something different.

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 06:59:20 AM »
Gran Canaria is probably safest for good weather and the spots are dope as well. If I could I´d either go to Gran Canaria or Malaga or maybe something in Southern Italy (never been there though). Shit, it would be so nice to make a winter escape skate trip... Wherever you go - enjoy it!

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 07:50:55 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions all!!

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 07:25:22 AM »
Sicily, Malta, Greece or Cyprus

They might not be top destinations like Barcelona, but surely have spots and sun even in February.

This could help too: http://www.skhateyou.com/spots/europe.html
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.