Author Topic: RIP Zane Timpson  (Read 50043 times)

Drawcula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: RIP Zane Timpson
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2021, 08:10:17 PM »
Sorry to those who knew him, sorry to skateboarding. Terrible news.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1575
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2021, 08:31:02 PM »
What a loss.  Condolences to his friends and family
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2021, 08:54:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I thought this was the guy that rolls with the GX1000 crew but that is another guy.

Pretty bad year with so many deaths this year. RIP.
[close]

Zane was pretty close with a bunch of the gx guys. He lived in San Fran and was homies with Pablo
[close]

He left sf because of all the shit that went down with gx.

I thought it was this guy who passed but I guess they just look similar if Zane cut his hair.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2021, 10:09:41 PM »
Terrible news :( He seemed like a very nice guy, smart, humble and also a beast on the board... maaan, you are gonna be greatly mIssed. Condolences to his family and friends!
RIP

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2021, 10:34:35 PM »
I'm fucking sad.
Rip
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2021, 10:38:38 PM »
This is a terrible thing to hear, skateboarding lost a great person today. Condolences to his friends and family.

Just rewatched his most recent part and it started with a tribute to p spliff and ended with a tribute to henry gartland  :'(

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 49
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2021, 01:07:55 AM »
This is horrible. A sad day in skateboarding. The SF scene has seen a lot of deaths recently even though I know a lot the guys came from other cities, but skated a lot in SF. Zane T. Max Van Arnem, Abbas Glass and Dave Abair.

Is the scene very unhealthy there or is it just a coincidence that all of the above skaters have had great connection to SF? I know every death are unique circumstances, but are their something in the skate scene of that city that isn't right?

I am sorry if I ask this question to quickly after this horrible news. I ask in a respectful manner, but still wondering.

I wish their friends and family best.

Robby

• Rep: 15
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2021, 01:24:33 AM »
What a tremendous loss. Condolences to his loved ones and anyone on here that knew him.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2021, 03:58:53 AM »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2021, 06:54:49 AM »
Tragic.  Such a gnarly skater and seemed like a rad dude.

Anyone know what happened?  I think it's important to let people know, esp if it helps anyone deal with their own current state of affairs to avoid another instance
where is home?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2021, 07:07:56 AM »
I heard what happened. It was a random health event. Like Michael Brooks

djoekr

• Rep: 293
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2021, 07:24:12 AM »

Who told you that if I may ask?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2021, 07:28:38 AM »
My best friend who grew up with him. They were super close and were on camp Woodward together

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2021, 07:29:58 AM »

So sad :(

djoekr

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2021, 07:34:23 AM »
My best friend who grew up with him. They were super close and were on camp Woodward together

Damn, fucked up if that's what happened. But this somehow seems easier to accept than if he died in a similair incident as Pspliff.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2021, 07:41:47 AM »
It is oddly more comforting to know someone died because their time was just up too soon rather than that they fell victim to a tragic accident or took their own life.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2021, 07:54:21 AM »
i don't usually get too worked up about the passing of people i didn't know, but this one really got to me

sometimes there's a person who seems like they're going to make a big impact over many years, and zane was one of them, to me.

some people just seem like they're going to help define an era, and it's exciting when that person with all that potential aligns with your own ideas about how things should progress in skating. it feels like there's something to look forward to, just for that person being around and having their impact.

Dylan was like that to me. in music, that was how i felt about Power Trip as well. Just people who are poised to put their mark on the culture for the next 10+ years, and i feel lucky to be around to watch it and participate, in my own small way.

and then when they're gone, it's like the rug got pulled out and the culture takes a slightly different path. the impact is still there but you don't get to see what acts 2 and 3 would have brought.

this is nothing compared to how their families and friends must feel, but it's my way of understanding why it can be really upsetting for someone to die, even if you didn't know them.

RIP zane, i think we should all keep him in mind while we rip some boneless, grab, and no-comply tricks

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2021, 08:19:30 AM »
i don't usually get too worked up about the passing of people i didn't know, but this one really got to me

sometimes there's a person who seems like they're going to make a big impact over many years, and zane was one of them, to me.

some people just seem like they're going to help define an era, and it's exciting when that person with all that potential aligns with your own ideas about how things should progress in skating. it feels like there's something to look forward to, just for that person being around and having their impact.

Dylan was like that to me. in music, that was how i felt about Power Trip as well. Just people who are poised to put their mark on the culture for the next 10+ years, and i feel lucky to be around to watch it and participate, in my own small way.

and then when they're gone, it's like the rug got pulled out and the culture takes a slightly different path. the impact is still there but you don't get to see what acts 2 and 3 would have brought.

this is nothing compared to how their families and friends must feel, but it's my way of understanding why it can be really upsetting for someone to die, even if you didn't know them.

RIP zane, i think we should all keep him in mind while we rip some boneless, grab, and no-comply tricks
!

witty pseudonym

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2021, 08:23:16 AM »
Fuck this! 

fakie varial flip

« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2021, 08:30:40 AM »
Man, what a bummer. Seemed like a real genuine guy

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2021, 08:35:36 AM »
Saw this as soon as I woke up damn... RIP

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2021, 09:12:35 AM »
Damn, I met Zane at the Element Skate camp when I was a counselor. I think the year was 2008. He had been assigned to my cabin. I was running the zine program at the time and he was instantly stoked on it. Asking questions about printing photos, markers, paper, etc. He inspired a lot of people to get involved with it that week.

He also pushed for the cabin to repeatedly sleep outdoors in the bowl, on the vert ramp, and street course.

I'd run into him over the years here in San Francisco and he was always the kindest most stoked individual. The level of skateboarding he was at was insane, just pure next level barging.

He will be missed.

djoekr

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2021, 09:25:35 AM »

Well said. When I first started skating all I could do was no comply 180s and a couple of locals gave me a lot of shit for it. When Earth Goblin came out, it was the first full-length video I ever watched, so Zane's part was the first actual pro part I'd ever seen. Seeing him do a fs no comply on a legit street obstacle really inspired me to not give a shit about what those guys thought of me.
Skateboarding is a joke

It's not that serious -

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2021, 09:56:23 AM »
Tragic loss. My thoughts are with his family, friends, and the skateboarding community.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2021, 10:21:28 AM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2021, 10:56:00 AM »
Extremely sad. He will be missed. RIP.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2021, 11:40:50 AM »

Oddly same, just seemed like his future in skating was so bright and he had such a unique approach. Seeing so many people say beautiful things about how kind he was and everything. Made the mistake of going through Instagram comments on his posts last night and saw his girlfriend had went and commented on like every one of them sharing her memories of that day hit me really weird. I’m usually not so effected by ‘celebrity’ deaths so to speak but this one landed. Puts things in perspective.

LostBearings

• Rep: -6
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2021, 11:54:32 AM »
RIP Zane Timpson . Been watching him skate since his camp woodward days. Very sad to hear and a huge loss.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2021, 01:33:42 PM »
RIP to a real one. This trick will forever be burned into my mind

quoting to bump.  one of the sickest tricks done in a while. creative, aggressive, gnarly, looks good. the piece on bombing hills was cool too. seems like he was a pretty pure skater, doing it for the love and also pushing himself hard. very inspiring.

descanse en paz

nothing's been the since same

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2021, 02:32:06 PM »
Just want to take a moment to remind everybody that speculating on the cause of death for those recently deceased -- and especially insinuating that said cause of death is due to irresponsibility on the dead person's behalf -- is disrespectful to the deceased's family and friends and, most often and likely, incorrect.

Let's just remember that here and for every skater that unfortunately passes away in the future. If you don't have anything nice and productive to say, don't say anything at all. And there's a button called "remove" that will delete any posts you may regret.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"