Author Topic: RIP Zane Timpson  (Read 49918 times)

Rocuronium

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: RIP Zane Timpson
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2021, 03:11:37 PM »
Damn, damn, damn.

His skating and vibe was helping me get over @choadped's absence.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Frank and Fred

« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2021, 04:14:15 PM »
Yeah, don't assume, Zane didn't do drugs (besides weed) so his death had nothing to do with that. It had nothing to do with Covid or Vaccines either before anyone jumps all over that like somebody tried to in my instagram post.
 I thought it was completely irresponsible and disrespectful to his family and his legacy of Figureitout to mention drugs in a post about his passing. I DM'd and asked him to edit it but had no response and it's still up and now people are skimming  the comments and making their own assumptions. Out of respect for his family and friends please just use this as a tribute to honor Zane.

I saw some of that shit about the vaccine also. Disgusting that people would use someone's untimely death to push their bullshit disinformation.

RIP Zane.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:06:31 PM by layzieyez »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2021, 04:42:10 PM »
That's why I left that disclaimer. People, more than we realize die everyday. A friend of mine said his "gx friend said it was an od" last night. I am not supporting this as I told him hes not the type who seemed he would dabble as I'm an opiate addict in recovery. My friend said you don't know what your friends do after they go home after the session.  I still hold onto hope. Just bullshit I heard these are completely not my intuitions just hoping it was peaceful.  I don't even care give it time but my friend last night his credibility isn't 100%. What matters is another extremely great skateboarder just peaking passed. GG Allin always said he wanted to be taken out at his peak so his soul would be at its strongest but stupidly died of an H OD like most 90s musicians.... only reason I say that is Zane was about to peak and was taken from us.

Dude, fuck off. This isn’t about you.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2021, 04:48:36 PM »
Let me be clear.

As you can see, there have been way too many losses in the skateboarding community recently.

Many of these skaters were close friends with people on this message board. Some of us are raw and worn down with loss.

If you can't share in the grief and memorialize those lost to us without badmouthing them, then go elsewhere to discuss your baseless theories there.

Any defamation or trolling on these tribute topics is an egregious offense in my eyes and ban worthy.

RIP Zane Timpson. I wish I got to know you because everyone you ever crossed paths with has nothing but great memories of you. Your skating was otherworldly.

Mazzer

• Rep: -20
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2021, 06:59:37 PM »

What's with the agenda in all these posts to act like it's never disclosed and the aggressive "duh" attitude in response to a very natural question "what happened" .  How would one know what bad taste is to speculate when it's not disclosed, if you act like it never is disclosed.  People naturally want to know what happened, and when it's not volunteered, don't ask, that's something I do agree with from experience, but if you had a friend go down in a train crash and you say he died in a trane crash, that's not badmouthing.  it's just what happened.  so maybe check yourself on the assumtions, and if you were or are actually close to that person, you wouldn't be focusing on that anyway and let's get real if someone up and said covid, you'd be hard pressed not to correct them, and you forget that's the focal where all these 'off the wall "baseless" assumptions are filtered.  It doesn't matter don't talk about it is the ultimate it matters don't talk about it.  that's the slappers logic.  the family just ain't gonna say that shit, but you're pretty presumptuous to think they care about your little post

rip ZANE

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2021, 07:20:51 PM »
Zane forever.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

fucking, joy

• Rep: 13
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »
Zane was an artist by every definition. Everything he did was so gnarly & gorgeous — skating, poetry, film, photography, illustration. You could see in everything he touched how his actions and creativity were done in conversation with both the history of those crafts and the present moment, and more importantly it all had an ineffable quality that was undeniably himself. There’s not a lot of people who have such transferable and vast energy, but he did. The world has lost a true light with his passing. May his loved ones find peace. May he continue to inspire. Zane Timpson forever. Zane Cary forever.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2021, 08:21:44 PM »
Damn, damn, damn.

His skating and vibe was helping me get over @choadped's absence.

Shine on.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1132
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2021, 09:30:10 PM »
Y'all are gettin' soft
theres a difference between soft and showing respect.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2021, 09:54:07 AM »
Rest in power

Just watched the vice video about Ben raemers (had a hard time bc of my own demons) and now I read about Zane after discovering his stuff just a couple weeks ago. He became really one of my favorite skaters.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2021, 10:26:43 AM »
I don't understand the issue of wanting to know the reason for an individuals unfortunate passing. On some level that is part of the healing and coping process. I also understand that this discussion can come off as distasteful, taboo and unsympathetic but in reality it is human nature to seek the unknown especially when tragedy is involved. The term "sudden medical event" can mean literally anything and leads the mind down various paths. The fact is the past 2 years we have all faced a lot of loss especially within the skate world. Suicides and OD's have both broken records over the past 20 months and on some level it needs to be discussed. Perhaps this isn't the place to do so which is understandable but there should not be a stigma around it and instead of shaming and condemning people who care is the wrong move.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2021, 11:18:58 AM »
I don't understand the issue of wanting to know the reason for an individuals unfortunate passing. On some level that is part of the healing and coping process. I also understand that this discussion can come off as distasteful, taboo and unsympathetic but in reality it is human nature to seek the unknown especially when tragedy is involved. The term "sudden medical event" can mean literally anything and leads the mind down various paths. The fact is the past 2 years we have all faced a lot of loss especially within the skate world. Suicides and OD's have both broken records over the past 20 months and on some level it needs to be discussed. Perhaps this isn't the place to do so which is understandable but there should not be a stigma around it and instead of shaming and condemning people who care is the wrong move.

I get where you’re coming from but some people in here are incapable of reading the room. Or reading.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2021, 01:29:32 PM »
Let me be clear.

As you can see, there have been way too many losses in the skateboarding community recently.

Many of these skaters were close friends with people on this message board. Some of us are raw and worn down with loss.

If you can't share in the grief and memorialize those lost to us without badmouthing them, then go elsewhere to discuss your baseless theories there.

Any defamation or trolling on these tribute topics is an egregious offense in my eyes and ban worthy.

RIP Zane Timpson. I wish I got to know you because everyone you ever crossed paths with has nothing but great memories of you. Your skating was otherworldly.
Well spoken, respect.  The frontside 360 he did into that unbelievably steep bank doesn’t even seem real, impeccable style and execution.  Rip to a true great!

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2021, 01:51:53 PM »

This is the last thing i want to say about this. I put out the info i know as vaguely as possible because i didn't want to have a bunch of wild speculation on how Zane passed. I did not feel comfortable putting out every single thing that one of my closest friends told me and i also owe him a lot more than i owe a bunch of anonymous people on the internet. it's a fucking tragedy that he isn't here any more, and it wasn't drugs, or drunk driving or any shit like that. He died suddenly and it's not fucking fair.

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2021, 02:19:17 PM »
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/video-dept/the-rush-and-risk-of-skateboarding-san-franciscos-hills

Now I'm reading the article and its kind of a huge syncronicity altoghether. I really don't know what is actually happening in my life right now, not alone others.

I just know some time ago this year I started discovering Zane skating through internet videos and I was amazed at how tech gnar he went on that fucking pool and just about everyting he did on a skateboard. I thought to myself, damm, another amazing talent on a skateboard that gets media noticed later in his career and peaks and then fades away in years time. I thought though, he was the kind of excellent mixed with carelessness and daring style. Just one of the greatests, I didnt know it would end this soon. I cried earlier this year with some alcohol thinking of the greatests passing, dylan, ben, lewis, shane, everybody. I think it really doesn't matter how or the reason someone passes away. The point is, it's a reminder to all of us left that life is temporary and some things like music, skateboarding or the bright light that human consciousness is never will fade away, as they are passed and carried on like the love and lust of our ancestors.

Just maybe, instead of getting to the last part of the day and musing away, fading, working our ass off or listening to the wind, we should just get our boards and go out and spend some minutes skating, for the sake of it, before death takes us to the ultimate pleasure of sending it without the ultimate fear of injury or pleasure, just the unending landing of our lives.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2021, 06:14:03 PM »
rip ripper

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2021, 07:48:54 PM »
RIP to my fellow four eyed ripper.  :'(

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2021, 09:56:25 PM »
Gonna really miss seeing his slams where his glasses would go flying.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2021, 03:12:05 AM »
Rest in peace Zane, thank you for the inspiration.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2021, 03:50:49 AM »
When your role model dies of an overdose, it shows that drugs are at the very least dangerous and frequently deadly, and therefore not a highjinx.

If your role model commits suicide, it shows that depression and mental health problems are ubiquitous, that people, no matter how gnarly, can be mentally unstable, and that both looking out for your friends and being open about it yourself is a way to avoid tragedy.

When your role model dies a natural death, it shows that no one is exempt from such blows of fate. And therefore one should celebrate life, one's friends, the here and now.

This fuss about privacy etc in such a discussion is completely wrong. Life is hard and mean and can be short. So let's also talk about death and deglamourise it. Especially when it comes to idols.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2021, 08:10:45 AM »
When your role model dies of an overdose, it shows that drugs are at the very least dangerous and frequently deadly, and therefore not a highjinx.

If your role model commits suicide, it shows that depression and mental health problems are ubiquitous, that people, no matter how gnarly, can be mentally unstable, and that both looking out for your friends and being open about it yourself is a way to avoid tragedy.

When your role model dies a natural death, it shows that no one is exempt from such blows of fate. And therefore one should celebrate life, one's friends, the here and now.

This fuss about privacy etc in such a discussion is completely wrong. Life is hard and mean and can be short. So let's also talk about death and deglamourise it. Especially when it comes to idols.

The “fuss” about privacy is completely right. While I agree your points -is is both disrespectful and entitled to think that everyone is somehow owed or have a right to know how he died.  If those that loved him wanted the information public , they would have made it public. End of subject.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2021, 09:03:57 AM »

Asking what happened is natural, jumping to conclusions when you don't get an answer and making assumptions is not. If it was any of the reasons you listed (which I hope it wasn't) then I hope it comes out because awareness IS important, however the people throwing those out as suggestions without knowing anything about it are not helping, only spreading misinformation.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2021, 09:04:18 AM »
I think it is very natural to want to know the cause of death. Let's be honest it is the first thing that pops in our heads. The first question we would ask in person if a friend died. My supervisor had to tell me another one of our clients died last week. 'What happened?' A natural and understandable response IMO.

At the same time, have some respect for friends and family and be patient with their grief and the process. We don't all need to know immediately if we didn't know him personally.

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2021, 10:24:36 AM »
Baselessly theorizing on a public forum about someone's passing sucks, but so does shaming and finger wagging when someone respectfully seeks an answer to a perfectly natural question. Surely there's room in between for people who cared about Zane to voice questions without people sanctimoniously jumping down their throat. Reading between the lines of Dale Sr.'s post helped me process this, and I'm grateful for that. RIP.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Cliff_Kaufman

• Rep: 15
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2021, 02:36:15 PM »
Wow that is so tragic... really goes to show how fragile life is.... I dont post here much , but want to say I love you all very much

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2021, 02:55:08 PM »
Can you dicks go argue somewhere else now?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2021, 05:52:32 PM »
that is so fucking sad. like, how does that even happen? from a slam or from coughing too hard or what? and, just randomly out of nowhere on a trip with his girl that had been long awaited at that. fucking awful. life is bizarre and death is tragic. much love and condolences to his family/friends.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Gnarmadillo

• Rep: 2
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2021, 07:02:40 PM »
Rest in peace to a real one. The few times I saw him around the city he looked like a true natural on the board.

Gone too soon. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2021, 10:23:10 PM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!