Author Topic: TRV900 + Baby Death Question  (Read 809 times)

Marsellus Wallace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
TRV900 + Baby Death Question
« on: November 16, 2021, 12:23:58 AM »
I realised that people with the exact same setup tend to have a different amount of vig.
For me, I have to crop my fisheye footage in order to make it look more mk1-esque (raw footage screenshot in attachment), but I have already seen clips of the exact same setup (trv900 and baby death 37mm with 52-37mm step-down ring) with less vig than I have (they replied that they didnt zoom in or crop the footage).
Whats the reason for that? PAL vs NTSC trv? shorter step down ring? different baby death (century, opteka, ...)?
Anyone ever noticed that too or has an idea?

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: TRV900 + Baby Death Question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 05:33:19 AM »
Could be the step down ring like you said. I've used spacers on my opteka v21k setup and noticed different brands were thicker than others but that'd be minimal. It could also could just be how the sensors are in this specific camera.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 11:39:11 AM »
you could try superglueing a couple 52mm rings to the outer ring of the baby death, making it closer to the trv's optics.

you could glue it on with a shittier glue first, get it centered (or if its going to be offset, bigger in the top left corner is ideal), and then superglue around the edges. this is all if you think a $100 is cheap enough to warrant doing some diy shit with it.
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

shredslap

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 11:46:05 PM »
best way is a good step down ring to 37mm... maybe try a few different ones if you can. from whatever the trv is to whatever the babydeath is, i forgot... i had a stepdown ring that made the vig look like vx1mk1..