Author Topic: David Gonzalez  (Read 9910 times)

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Re: David Gonzalez
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2021, 02:30:54 PM »
Look at them kingpins

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2021, 03:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I sincerely hope FLiP can restore itself to some semblance of its former greatness. The ad direction in the new issue of Thrasher isn’t really doing it for me personally, but we have a Large Mountain (B-How TS ref, lol) on the way to my lil shop. FLiP should be up there in the ranks with Toy and Zero, for crying out loud.

David needs a gnarly skate ad or a cover, with a big ass logo tee on to grow some new community following or something maybe. They should also get Roos the gal who 50 grinded Hollywood 16, that’s the move right there if anyone from FLiP is reading this, imho.
[close]
I think flip is still pretty much level with toy and zero. They just kinda lack a clear image both as a team and graphics wise. You know a toy machine board from a mile away. Roos sure but also Aori and Pamela Rosa. Flip should of taken them at least 3 years ago. If Roos is on enjoi flow it would prob make sense to swap over to blind. That might actually lead somewhere the team is from all over and many do comps etc
[close]

Agree. So crazy if you think about it though, imagine telling that to someone 10-15 years ago. That 3 of the top board companies were all just kinda mediocre now, almost b tier.
Not like Habitat, Alien, Chocolate or Girl have really maintained it either who were the biggest brands to me at that time. The brand that seems to have the longest longevity near the top is Real, and its probably because the brand lacks a dedicated image.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2021, 04:43:03 PM »

crunchydank

• Rep: 6
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2021, 08:42:39 PM »
He was dating Shane Cross’s sister for quite some time right? 600k incident is fucking hilarious. He might look like he works at Hot Topic but it’s undeniable he rips.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2021, 09:25:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Look at them kingpins
[close]

my eyes.......

Are we back to cancelling this man?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

HaveFunSkateboarding

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2021, 09:49:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Look at them kingpins
[close]

my eyes.......
[close]

Nah, I back him 1000%. I just can’t believe how cranked down his trucks are. Looks like the bushings on the one truck are like, exploded/cracked. For the skating he does, I find it hard to believe how tight those trucks have to be.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2021, 04:01:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Look at them kingpins
[close]

my eyes.......
[close]

If anything cancel him for photoshopping that rockstar sticker on there

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2021, 07:43:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Was a SOTY ever so quickly forgotten about? He rules, and I appreciate that he just fucked off back to Colombia rather than sticking around California to fight for crumbs with a zillion other pros. I expect that those Rockstar checks go pretty goddamn far in Medellin, and the dude is always hitting the most beautiful and gnarly spots, so it sounds like he’s got it figured out.
[close]

Maybe he's one of the few pros who was smart about his royalty checks and contest money, and got himself setup for life back home. Still getting royalties from Rockstar and Flip to keep the lights on and pay for a nice dinner once in a while, effectively retiring while still healthy and not chewed out by the industry.

Doubt Flip would ever kick him off unless they went under.
[close]

Yeah, I know Heath famously did that and hasn't had to work a "real job" since leaving skateboarding.
[close]
I'm sceptical about how accurate this is. To really survive you have to invest your money in stuff. I don't think he retired just by not wasting money and having a couple vending machines. I think David had a pretty nice house. I suppose he could of sold that and survive for a bit.

Heath was a top pro during the era of the biggest paychecks in skate history. I'm sure he was getting at least six-figures yearly from his shoe, deck sales and other endorsements. Some simple investments, maybe buying a house during the crash in 08-09, and you could definitely live that "FIRE" sort of lifestyle.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2021, 07:50:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I sincerely hope FLiP can restore itself to some semblance of its former greatness. The ad direction in the new issue of Thrasher isn’t really doing it for me personally, but we have a Large Mountain (B-How TS ref, lol) on the way to my lil shop. FLiP should be up there in the ranks with Toy and Zero, for crying out loud.

David needs a gnarly skate ad or a cover, with a big ass logo tee on to grow some new community following or something maybe. They should also get Roos the gal who 50 grinded Hollywood 16, that’s the move right there if anyone from FLiP is reading this, imho.
[close]
I think flip is still pretty much level with toy and zero. They just kinda lack a clear image both as a team and graphics wise. You know a toy machine board from a mile away. Roos sure but also Aori and Pamela Rosa. Flip should of taken them at least 3 years ago. If Roos is on enjoi flow it would prob make sense to swap over to blind. That might actually lead somewhere the team is from all over and many do comps etc
[close]

Agree. So crazy if you think about it though, imagine telling that to someone 10-15 years ago. That 3 of the top board companies were all just kinda mediocre now, almost b tier.
[close]
Not like Habitat, Alien, Chocolate or Girl have really maintained it either who were the biggest brands to me at that time. The brand that seems to have the longest longevity near the top is Real, and its probably because the brand lacks a dedicated image.

Real, like Anti-Hero, benefits hugely from being a DLX brand, run by the biggest players in the entire industry.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2021, 08:13:16 AM »
Look at them kingpins
I guess that's how he has fun skateboarding.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2021, 12:46:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Real, like Anti-Hero, benefits hugely from being a DLX brand, run by the biggest players in the entire industry.
Yeah, and they have great quality control/products.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2021, 12:27:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Look at them kingpins
[close]

my eyes.......
[close]

[close]

Nah, I back him 1000%. I just can’t believe how cranked down his trucks are. Looks like the bushings on the one truck are like, exploded/cracked. For the skating he does, I find it hard to believe how tight those trucks have to be.

Yes, it is Strange. He skates bowls regularly too. How does he do it? The bushings must be Uber soft

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2021, 08:55:15 AM »
He was dating Shane Cross’s sister for quite some time right? 600k incident is fucking hilarious. He might look like he works at Hot Topic but it’s undeniable he rips.

Yeah he did, I remember my friend told me he met her via MySpace and regularly chatted with her and did some  skype with her sometimes and Daveed was kinda jealous he sometimes pop in in during the call..

He rips for sure, as a few people said here I fell the same with the rock/throwing the horns every single minute, kinda played, but skatewise he's a legend in my book.

Also, kinda off topic, I dont follow him on IG, so I don't know his relationship status, but I remember he had some hot GF, def have good taste.

If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2021, 05:42:34 PM »
Daveed and Gurney should start a cheese metal company together called Battle Axes of boards with airbrushed Conan/Heavy Metal magazine graphics.

Who else is metal enough to be in the team?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2021, 06:17:21 PM »
Daveed and Gurney should start a cheese metal company together called Battle Axes of boards with airbrushed Conan/Heavy Metal magazine graphics.

Clive feels like a natural fit

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2021, 06:25:29 PM »
Just noticed that Rihanna follows him on Instagram. That's a lifestyle hammer in my book

While everyone is bitching that he loves rock n roll he's out there doing crazy shit on a board while Rihanna watches. I for one am not a player hater. Go daveed!

HaveFunSkateboarding

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2021, 09:19:04 PM »
The metal vert ramp he skates regularly is fucked. He posted a clip in his story today. So sketchy looking to me (someone who can’t skate transition for the life of me). Super tall, skinny, metal vert ramp…and he skates it’s like it’s a mini ramp.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2021, 10:15:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Chris Gregson
Matt Schlager

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2021, 01:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Chris Gregson
Matt Schlager

That’s a team.

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Brguy

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2021, 04:38:24 AM »

Are you aware that Gurney is on Blood Wizard? It would be way easier to just take David in.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2021, 04:48:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Are you aware that Gurney is on Blood Wizard? It would be way easier to just take David in.

I’m afraid sir, you are quite mistaken.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2021, 08:15:19 AM »
Cucktard is correct: he’s of the Wiz for a minute now.
Apparently Jerry has pioneered a new way of milking cows & has gone into the dairy business. He’s making fat stacks now.
In fact, using his techniques, he just helped me turn my $600 investment into $28,000!
Contact my mentor @jerrygurneyscream to start piling up YOUR milk money.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2021, 09:47:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Just noticed that Rihanna follows him on Instagram. That's a lifestyle hammer in my book
[close]

While everyone is bitching that he loves rock n roll he's out there doing crazy shit on a board while Rihanna watches. I for one am not a player hater. Go daveed!

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2021, 12:24:12 PM »
Cucktard is correct: he’s of the Wiz for a minute now.
Apparently Jerry has pioneered a new way of milking cows & has gone into the dairy business. He’s making fat stacks now.
In fact, using his techniques, he just helped me turn my $600 investment into $28,000!
Contact my mentor @jerrygurneyscream to start piling up YOUR milk money.

cashapp frfr send me I will send back $28000, just ask my friend here, joey tershay! WOOOOO

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2021, 03:16:37 PM »
Daveed posted an underwear selfie on his IG story today, if you’re into that

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2021, 03:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
She's close to nobility in Barbados so yeah, life hammers.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2021, 03:56:18 PM »
i like rhianna cause she has a big forehead and so do i.

Lisa96

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2021, 04:06:14 PM »
is he off globe? vans should put him on! SOTY! high top old skools!

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2021, 04:22:07 PM »
i like rhianna cause she has a big forehead and so do i.

hahaha

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2021, 05:02:28 PM »
Didn't Rihanna do a Johan?