Author Topic: Clashing Brands (Do You Believe In?)  (Read 7055 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
Re: Clashing Brands (Do You Believe In?)
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2021, 11:12:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I take it to an extreme point…I could never skate an NHS deck with Ventures or any DLX deck without Spitfires.

Clashing shoe company logos are a no-no as well, even if you’re Cristiano Ronaldo playing in Nike boots with and Adidas logo on your Man U jersey (the big Chevy logo is terrible too).
[close]

See, this is what I'm asking about. 

Are there distribution lines?

And for that matter were / are there lines drawn based on coasts?
[close]

@PatrickSkateman bring up and interesting one because that is literally the one thing in regards to hardgoods...like you cannot picture someone on a Creature with Ventures unless its like a little kid confused first setup.

That being said, you know that when Seek ended and Flo and Alex got on Santa Cruz, they were skating Venture Lows. I know Venture was at Streetcorner then, but still...

Also regarding NHS deck riders on non-NHS trucks.: I have had a suspicion that Santa Cruz stopped promoting Tom Remillard because he was on Ace. I realized there are MANY other factors at play, but to me it seems like he broke an unspoken taboo and got shelved for it.
[close]

Friend of mine used to ride zero boards with tensor lows(with the plastic bit) spitfire cores and speed demon bearings because that's what Chris Cole rode.
[close]

Hah, I know a guy that did that same setup. I vividly recall telling him that it looked "heinous"
[close]

Not sure how that relates to Ventures on a Creature or even is a clash of brands since one of Zero's flagship riders did it at their peak popularity. It is gross, though, so I will give you that.
Creature hesh venture fresh. Zero hesh tensor fresh. At the time It felt like a clear divide between the two.

Welpok

• Rep: 14
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2021, 01:27:31 PM »
At this point I just wear whatever because it's just going to get dirty and rip. Just as long as the colors aren't conflicting. That's just me.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2021, 01:35:05 PM »
Mixing dlx brands is ok, I assume we're talking apparel? Cuz I don't really give a shot what trucks you got as long as it's not krux
Whoa. Danger.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2021, 02:31:22 PM »
yoshi riding for stereo and fallen is a sign of the apocalypse

remember when jack curtain was fallen. That was pretty cool. I think that more brands, just look to break the mold a bit rather than finding people who "fit"

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2021, 02:31:50 PM »
nike SB logo tees with literally any other shoes

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2021, 05:07:19 PM »
white Nike socks with any other shoes. That's crucifixion levels of no.

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2021, 05:38:27 PM »

Movies

• Rep: 7
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2021, 06:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I take it to an extreme point…I could never skate an NHS deck with Ventures or any DLX deck without Spitfires.

Clashing shoe company logos are a no-no as well, even if you’re Cristiano Ronaldo playing in Nike boots with and Adidas logo on your Man U jersey (the big Chevy logo is terrible too).
[close]

[close]

@PatrickSkateman bring up and interesting one because that is literally the one thing in regards to hardgoods...like you cannot picture someone on a Creature with Ventures unless its like a little kid confused first setup.

That being said, you know that when Seek ended and Flo and Alex got on Santa Cruz, they were skating Venture Lows. I know Venture was at Streetcorner then, but still...

Also regarding NHS deck riders on non-NHS trucks.: I have had a suspicion that Santa Cruz stopped promoting Tom Remillard because he was on Ace. I realized there are MANY other factors at play, but to me it seems like he broke an unspoken taboo and got shelved for it.

Unfortunately Ventures are probably the perfect truck on those short wheelbase Creature Stumps

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2021, 06:20:50 PM »
I could never clash anything. It’s always bothered me. I can’t even get myself to try new trucks I want to try (the new royals for example) because I have a handful of thunder shirts and a thunder hat that I don’t want to stop wearing. Yes. I can’t consciously wear a thunder shirt while skating another brand trucks.

strongererections

• Rep: -14
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2021, 06:42:27 PM »
i usually remove any non embroided logos on pants unless i got a set fit for em, cant mix adidas n nike logos, but aside from adida track pant, anything beside nike works, adidas track pant with adida shoes is just too much too, too uniform that it clashes. idc wat shoes beside nike, they work wit adida pants

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2021, 07:04:41 PM »
I used to be pretty disrespectful about this. I've skated a curb in adidas track pants and new balance shoes. Went skating in a vans anti hero shirt while wearing new balance shoes.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2021, 07:31:59 PM »
Back in the day You’d never mix Powell wheels with a Santa Cruz board, or vice versa. So I understand why people feel this way about clothes too.

But ultimately, we are all acting like the pawns capitalism raised us to be, acting like sporting clothing with one logo means you can’t wear another.  It’s a fucked up kind of Stockholm syndrome.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

opesorry

• Rep: 22
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2021, 08:07:29 PM »
It’s not that I dislike mixing certain brands on my setup, but I really DO like pairing certain brands together that you’d typically think of going together.

At the moment I’m thinking about wheels, I’m currently skating a Toy Machine and I really want some fuckin Pig wheels. Already thinking ahead to the Creature I’ll be skating next and I can’t shake the urge to get some OJ’s because I’m curious about a certain wheel I’ve never tried and I’ll probably justify buying some I don’t need because of it…

Clothing wise I feel very awkward wearing a brand that’s not currently on my setup, but I’ll do it because I skate different shit all the time.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -227
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2021, 08:12:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Unfortunately Ventures are probably the perfect truck on those short wheelbase Creature Stumps

I noticed that Tom Asta only has like one pro model every other quarter. He should have like 3 every drop.

The weirdest brand no-no was Mike York on Dekline and Pig while riding for Chocolate.

But who am I to judge? I’ve worn Polar socks with a Brooks Brothers suit before.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2021, 08:24:18 PM »
genny evans used to run chucks and trackpants, I thought that was cool
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Donatello

• Rep: 2
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2021, 09:47:39 PM »
I personally couldn't care less what brand my clothes are as long as they feel comfortable

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2021, 10:48:11 PM »
I used to be pretty disrespectful about this. I've skated a curb in adidas track pants and new balance shoes. Went skating in a vans anti hero shirt while wearing new balance shoes.
Which fly over state do you live in?

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2021, 01:22:44 AM »
Globe Board, element shoes, Vans pants, Dickies shirt.
Any problem?

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2021, 02:48:17 AM »
you all on some serious OCD bullshit.

not mixing NHS products with DLX products is pretty fucking stupid.

not buying royal trucks because you have thunder t-shirts haha what?

mix and match yo. I like to be a walking advertisement for as many companies as I can.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2021, 07:04:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Canada

comicbookguy

• Rep: -53
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2021, 07:22:09 AM »
Fuck that, I ride 2 101a formula 4s on the back and 2 bones ATFs on the the front, good slide at the back but good grip at the front for turning. Chaos mode engaged.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2021, 08:06:08 AM »
thats why you just dont wear shit with big logos and you can get away with it. its just certain brands like Nike and Adidas are all about massive massive logoing for the most part so there is no way to unsee that and its just awful. so yeah when you have cross contamination going on its gross you are just hit with too much clashing imagery. trying to do too much

somefucker

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2021, 08:08:42 AM »
Fuck that, I ride 2 101a formula 4s on the back and 2 bones ATFs on the the front, good slide at the back but good grip at the front for turning. Chaos mode engaged.

what made you buy two different brands of wheels as opposed to two different cuts/hardness of the same brand?

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2021, 08:40:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Canada
My bad, which Canadian fly over province?  I really want to check out Toronto and Montreal this summer.  Canadian girls are amazing and some of the all time greats.  Have a gnar slapper.

Good and Evil

• Rep: 3
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2021, 08:50:53 AM »
I know this thread said "no griptape" but I have never seen anyone (including young kids at the skatepark) put the big logo Shake Junt grip on a FA/Hockey board... I think that would be a sin.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2021, 09:10:48 AM »

do u belIEEEEVe in cLAAASHING BRAANDS..

…talk to meee ooooohhh….

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2021, 09:34:19 AM »
I know this thread said "no griptape" but I have never seen anyone (including young kids at the skatepark) put the big logo Shake Junt grip on a FA/Hockey board... I think that would be a sin.

Big logo Shake Junt on anything is bordering on Juggalo territory.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »
A few years ago I got a black Nike SB hoodie thinking that dunks would be easy to come by, like the plain ass ones.  Then Travis Scott brought the hypebeasts, dunks became scarce and the ones I had died, and I wore mostly adidas while that hoodie collects dust.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2021, 02:44:18 PM »
Can we just all agree that Anti Hero shirts are acceptable no matter what else you're wearing or riding?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2021, 03:31:14 PM »
Can we just all agree that Anti Hero shirts are acceptable no matter what else you're wearing or riding?

Anti Hero Eagle w/ D3’s 😂