Author Topic: Will U Watch "Tony Hawk: Until the Wheels Fall Of" Documentary?  (Read 13246 times)

Mike Oxwelling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
Re: Will U Watch "Tony Hawk: Until the Wheels Fall Of" Documentary?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2021, 07:55:09 AM »
If my mother in-laws shared password still works sure.

Brguy

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2021, 08:10:34 AM »
If there's some cool stories about the 80s sure, why not?

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2021, 08:50:21 AM »
sam jones is the shit, i'll 100% be watching this

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 09:13:23 AM »
I'm excited for the next gen of these documentaries. All these current docs feel like an extended press release/highlights reel. Who's down to make the second Duane Peters or Danny Way documentary?

only_symo

• Rep: -1
  • Older than you.
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2021, 10:09:28 AM »
I'm excited for the next gen of these documentaries. All these current docs feel like an extended press release/highlights reel. Who's down to make the second Duane Peters or Danny Way documentary?

Only if they can be called “Getting away with murder: the Danny Way story”.  That’ll sell.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2021, 10:36:38 AM »
I sat through that horrid DC Danny Way Doc in the theaters, so I'll sit through this as well.

Did anyone watch the NYC skate doc yet? That looked fucking amazing.

Also, waiting for Craig Stecyk to make a Florida skate doc. I'd like to see more docs to counter the Dog Town/Stacey Peralta narrative.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2021, 10:47:29 AM »
Tony Hawk is great and great for skateboarding. That said I really want to hear about the wife steal.

Fox News - November 11th, 2014

Skateboarding legend Tony Hawk divorced his third wife, Lhotse Merriam, for his best friend and business partner Matt Goodman's wife, Cathy, the New York Post reported Tuesday citing sources.

Merriam found out about her action sports star husband's new relationship in December after she discovered a plane ticket for Cathy that Hawk had booked for her to join him in San Francisco -- despite his being lifelong friends with Matt Goodman.

Hawk filed for divorce in San Diego from Merriam on Feb. 11. They have one child together, Kadence Clover, and Hawk has three sons from two previous marriages.

"We remain deeply committed and loving parents to our daughter, and out of respect for that responsibility we ask that people honor our family's privacy during this important time of transition," the couple said in a statement at the time.

Hawk married Merriam, his former publicist, in 2006, two years after divorcing his second wife, Erin, his former nanny.

Cathy was married to Goodman for nearly 20 years, and they have two kids. Sources said Goodman and Cathy have now separated.

Hawk -- who is credited with putting skateboarding on the map and who became a multimillionaire from his "Tony Hawk Pro Skater" video games -- and Cathy were recently spotted in New York together, sources said.

Hawk and Goodman had been friends since childhood. Sources said Goodman stood as a groomsman at every one of Hawk's three weddings.

Goodman and Hawk also founded action sports movie company 900 Films together.

Merriam had no comment the Post called for a response, and neither did Goodman.

A rep for Hawk said, "We do not comment on the personal lives of our clients."

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2021, 11:18:08 AM »
Tony Hawk is great and great for skateboarding. That said I really want to hear about the wife steal.

Expand Quote
Skateboarding legend Tony Hawk divorced his third wife, Lhotse Merriam, for his best friend and business partner Matt Goodman's wife, Cathy, the New York Post reported Tuesday citing sources.

Merriam found out about her action sports star husband's new relationship in December after she discovered a plane ticket for Cathy that Hawk had booked for her to join him in San Francisco -- despite his being lifelong friends with Matt Goodman.

Hawk filed for divorce in San Diego from Merriam on Feb. 11. They have one child together, Kadence Clover, and Hawk has three sons from two previous marriages.

"We remain deeply committed and loving parents to our daughter, and out of respect for that responsibility we ask that people honor our family's privacy during this important time of transition," the couple said in a statement at the time.

Hawk married Merriam, his former publicist, in 2006, two years after divorcing his second wife, Erin, his former nanny.

Cathy was married to Goodman for nearly 20 years, and they have two kids. Sources said Goodman and Cathy have now separated.

Hawk -- who is credited with putting skateboarding on the map and who became a multimillionaire from his "Tony Hawk Pro Skater" video games -- and Cathy were recently spotted in New York together, sources said.

Hawk and Goodman had been friends since childhood. Sources said Goodman stood as a groomsman at every one of Hawk's three weddings.

[close]

A rep was quoted as saying "fuck me i can't believe he did it again"

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

cky enthusiast

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2021, 04:29:37 PM »
the dude has a progressive mind set. trick progression, wife progression etc

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2021, 07:08:30 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

Hectic.. There’s always been something that just rubbed me the wrong way - I’ve mentioned this in another thread about Hawk, but him claiming “this is the best day of my life” after landing the 900 is just sad IMO. And just now learning that he mowed his good friends lawn is not that surprising.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2021, 01:02:26 AM »

"All The Streets Are Silent," definitely worth a watch

conqueso

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2021, 07:18:24 AM »
I sat through that horrid DC Danny Way Doc in the theaters

you sir are a brave man

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2021, 09:47:05 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

He was married to the woman who was his nanny or was she a nanny to his kids? Would be wild if it was the former.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2021, 03:40:02 PM »
yes i will im a big tony hawk fan

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2021, 02:18:45 AM »
I’ve watched dumber things about skateboarding so why not. Sam jones also did the Wilco doc so i most likely will check it out when it drops

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2021, 04:15:40 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

Never let it be said that Tony Hawk doesn’t lay pipe.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2021, 04:19:42 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

But he does it like the classic dork who got rich way. Oh another person pays attention to me. Better ditch my wife for them now (and repeat)

Keyser_Soze

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2021, 06:00:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Hectic.. There’s always been something that just rubbed me the wrong way - I’ve mentioned this in another thread about Hawk, but him claiming “this is the best day of my life” after landing the 900 is just sad IMO. And just now learning that he mowed his good friends lawn is not that surprising.

Wasn’t his friend cool with it though and said he doesn’t hold grudges about it?? Pretty sure Hawk started seeing her after she separated from Goodman too.  Still a pretty scummy thing to do though

RikiTakeuchi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2021, 11:01:15 PM »
I'll definitely watch it, though I'm looking forward to Bob Bornquist's HBO series way more.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2021, 01:11:25 AM »
I'll watch It if Tas is in it.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2021, 07:48:18 PM »
I'll watch It if Tas is in it.
Tas and Tony presidential debate format, pay per view DM me if you think we can organize this.

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2022, 05:36:20 PM »
This is about to show in the states on HBO. Any idea how to watch this internationally? I’m in aus.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2022, 06:41:35 PM »
Yes

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2022, 09:50:23 PM »
the first half is pretty much what you would expect, kind of like the bones brigade documentary remade only about tony. rodney being corny and “deep”. peralta talking more than anyone else, by a lot. lots of touchy feely stuff brushed in with 80s competitions to ‘rise above’ or ‘kids of the black hole’. duane spitting on him and interviews with him being “punk” and tacky. same old shit. then as it obviously develops into vert dying/his career struggling and then into 900 talk just as you would assume, it actually does get better. it’s cool to hear neil be interviewed and included so much more than i expected, though i don’t recall any unseen footage unfortunately other than him talking at a contest very briefly. there’s actually a surprisingly emotional duane moment that can jerk a tear about a moment with tony after his son passed away. it doesn’t necessarily touch on him cheating on his wife but, it does hint at it. riley is interviewed and they talk about him being raised in a strange environment of different parents/co parents and the other kids having a separate mother so, it just kind of leaves it open for interpretation. it also talks about his relationship/romance problems and how he had to go get treatment for them. all in all it’s obviously got it’s corniness, it’s always hard for me to watch skateboarders i look up to displayed in documentaries with the soundtrack from “pay it forward” mixed in with adolescents, joy division, black flag, buzzcocks e.t.c. but, it’s hbo. it wasn’t terrible. its cool to see how many relationship/personality problems he overcame while still being one of the greatest skateboarders ever, if not the. obviously the first true skateboard celebrity juggling that with children and a wild career. he does have an interesting story, i would honestly say as many gnarly stories/injuries as danny way has, he isn’t skating anywhere near the level tony still has been for quite some time while overcoming those types of injuries/issues into his 40s/50s. lance says something bittersweet in the end about how they will probably end up dying doing what they love and they have to accept that, then it’s just kind of over. it leaves you wanting more just because it gets a lot more real towards the end and honest. all in all, the film really shows how he is the most determined skateboarder of all time (in my eyes) thus far. i would say it is worth a watch if you are a skateboard nerd like me.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2022, 10:00:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"All The Streets Are Silent," definitely worth a watch

The HipHop connection is a Little bit constructed, but I didn‘t mind because I am a fan of both NYC HipHop and street skating. A fun doc for shure. I bought it on Vimeo.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2022, 10:28:52 PM »
This is about to show in the states on HBO. Any idea how to watch this internationally? I’m in aus.
You got Foxtel? I haven't checked if it's on there but sometimes they do HBO stuff same day as US.(or close to it)

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2022, 03:54:14 AM »
pretty locatable on google for free now - wasn't earlier today, but is now...
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2022, 04:04:24 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Tony Fucks

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2022, 05:56:44 AM »
Watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2022, 06:06:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Tony Fucks

Damn, from his nanny to his publicist to his best friend's ex wife. What's next?