Author Topic: new chocolate vid "bunny hop"  (Read 44435 times)

fredgallSOTY

Re: new chocolate vid "bunny hop"
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2021, 06:11:51 AM »
you guys are really sad over no footage from fucking Chris Roberts lol

anyways new squad is dope and im excited. Chocolate was always cooler than Girl, hopefully they can kinda have a seperate, cool brand identity again. Hopefully the magic of Jordan Trahan gets embraced by the masses.

also put Hosea on already

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2021, 07:12:37 AM »
Like everyone is saying, the new team is sick. Should be a good Vid.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2021, 07:34:09 AM »
Judging the book entirely by its cover, it looks like a classic chocolate video. Hopefully that's the feel of the video.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 07:37:31 AM »
chris roberts and justin eldridge, even when they were in their prime, were not pros i cared about their footage, so why would i want a part from them now? they were never anyones favorite and were parts most people skipped on the regular.

I think crails video production / art direction sucks now, so i cant see thier video being good. i dont care how good the skating is, theres tons of good skating on instagram and youtube, youd have to show me something absolutely unbelieveable for me to care about a video that has shitty art direction.

Shit is hip to like Tweens / Early Teens, I get such ALmost Round 3 vibes from crail shit since pretty sweet. its just too goofy for me
ONTARIO CANADA

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2021, 07:43:24 AM »
chris roberts and justin eldridge, even when they were in their prime, were not pros i cared about their footage, so why would i want a part from them now? they were never anyones favorite and were parts most people skipped on the regular.

I think crails video production / art direction sucks now, so i cant see thier video being good. i dont care how good the skating is, theres tons of good skating on instagram and youtube, youd have to show me something absolutely unbelieveable for me to care about a video that has shitty art direction.

Shit is hip to like Tweens / Early Teens, I get such ALmost Round 3 vibes from crail shit since pretty sweet. its just too goofy for me
justin Eldridge was never skipped in my crew. He was one of those guys who just never put out that much stuff. Dude Nollie heel nosegrinded a handrail when people were basically only kickflipping into rails at best

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2021, 08:08:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope Crob and Eldy have a couple clips at least. I honestly don’t really know who most of the new riders are at all but stoked to see actual parts in a video from them.
[close]

This, sheesh guys go get something.
[close]

I suppose Chris Roberts could get a crazy curb trick for this, even though he's been pretty vocal how he only skates for fun and once a week. He has that new twin shape out, so there's that.

Eldridge on the other hand, I believe just started easing into it after being injured forever. Maybe it was in the Bunt episode where he said he doesn't want to put himself through that injury bullshit again. He seems to be focusing hard on golf and getting his golf company going, which I think is awesome. I dig the company, Number Thirty Three, wish I could find some of their stuff in Europe.

I'm sure there won't be Crob / Eldy parts but the new squad is really amazing. Chocolate is doing great.
[close]
Weird how one of the bigger skate podcasts is run by guys who hardly skateboard. Seems more like a way for them to make money off skateboarding.
[close]

Guys with decades deep history in skating and the skate industry. They know what they're talking about. Having a name on pro board at this point may be debatable but they're more than qualified to talk about skating.
[close]
Yeah, Crob especially ::)
[close]
He continually admits he doesn’t keep up or do research on guests. Even when he was pro he wasn’t a big time skate nerd like Grosso. They’re just leeches. Kelly hart being paid by es over any of the guys they cut is pretty wack too.
I think he's like an actual employee of the company, as in getting paid to work - not skate. Not sure about the leech part - they are actively contributing skateboarding. I can understand how it's not for everyone but I don't think the work can be denied.
Free Charlie Rambo

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2021, 08:13:01 AM »
Im so excited for this new Chocolate Era.. my predicction is Carl Aikens first part and going pro after the premiere.

Also Im agree with peopla that says that they never cared about Eldy and Crob.. maybe it depends of what videos you have access to back in the day, but for me always skipped Crob part in A time to shine and the only Eldridge that matters is Pete.

So honestly Im not looking forward see them.  Just the new blood TBH.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2021, 08:26:36 AM »
cool that they make a new video but I really see now reason to ever buy a dwindle or crailtap board ever again.
shitty wood and shitty shapes and shitty art for the most part. probably not even anymore but they ruined it over last 10 years.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2021, 08:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
justin Eldridge was never skipped in my crew. He was one of those guys who just never put out that much stuff. Dude Nollie heel nosegrinded a handrail when people were basically only kickflipping into rails at best

thats pretty much all i remember him for tbh he came out with some really progressive nollie tricks on some 10 stair rails even as an amateur. no real sense of individuality or unique style at all, just raw talent and they dressed him up the best they could in the fourstar and es gear. Robbie McKinley too never cared for any of those guys they were just super cookie cutter for the time. All incredibly talented dont get me wrong, i was going hard during that era and i realize how next level the skill was at the time. it just was not stuff i was going out of my way to show people.
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2021, 08:27:49 AM »
cool that they make a new video but I really see now reason to ever buy a dwindle or crailtap board ever again.
shitty wood and shitty shapes. probably not even anymore but they ruined it. mouth to mouth propaganda just works

aw man theres just SO SO SO many brands you can buy boards from these days its insane... like i have a hard time even supporting any brand outside of Canada cause theres just so many here that are hurting
ONTARIO CANADA

vhsfisheye

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2021, 09:37:45 AM »
Expand Quote
shitty wood and shitty shapes. probably not even anymore but they ruined it. mouth to mouth propaganda just works
[close]

aw man theres just SO SO SO many brands you can buy boards from these days its insane... like i have a hard time even supporting any brand outside of Canada cause theres just so many here that are hurting

What Canadian board brands are you skating? I’m only really familiar with Jenny, Pylon & letat. There’s a lot of other small brands from Ontario but they put out pretty uninspired stuff

europa1991

• Rep: 51
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2021, 09:48:43 AM »
Kenny Anderson lol

somesortofspin

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
Kenny Anderson lol

hes doing 180 manuals until hes 76 years old trust me

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2021, 10:07:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What Canadian board brands are you skating? I’m only really familiar with Jenny, Pylon & letat. There’s a lot of other small brands from Ontario but they put out pretty uninspired stuff

Pylon sucks. Studio is sick, though. Morning Bell from Toronto does good work as well.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2021, 10:46:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pylon sucks. Studio is sick, though. Morning Bell from Toronto does good work as well.
studio has trash wood though, control is bad.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2021, 10:53:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When I say Canadian boards i dont mean necessarily made in Canada

There is a guy with a shop that i really like to support in Guelph Ontario called The Ward that does his own boards with Chapman

There is another brand called Comacan that damn near everyone in my area is riding that i believe is from the same shop or somewhere else in the states. i thought the graphics were kind of corny with skulls type thing but there is this 8.75 curb killer deck (Square tail, round nose) and a 9" Shovel deck (square nose, round tail) I am super interested in.

There is also another shop I wanted to shout out called THe Local in Hamilton that looks really dope and they did a collab with Heroin recently and made some really cool looking boards.

Studio is great i have skated their boards in the past and i have one of their boards on the wall (Bryan Wherry pro model with a stack of 90s hip hop CD cases). A lot of people complain about the Control woodshop tohugh so i guess its hit and miss. the ones i had were all fine!
ONTARIO CANADA

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2021, 10:59:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

thats pretty much all i remember him for tbh he came out with some really progressive nollie tricks on some 10 stair rails even as an amateur. no real sense of individuality or unique style at all, just raw talent and they dressed him up the best they could in the fourstar and es gear. Robbie McKinley too never cared for any of those guys they were just super cookie cutter for the time. All incredibly talented dont get me wrong, i was going hard during that era and i realize how next level the skill was at the time. it just was not stuff i was going out of my way to show people.
yeah I hear you, he did kind of blend in but I think it was more he got lost in the mix/came on the scene strong but didn’t really do much from there if that makes sense.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2021, 12:11:13 PM »
ngl im really stoked to see this, they came into my local and i hit them with some spot pins. trahan capps and carl will fuck shit up im sure

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2021, 12:19:50 PM »
Threads like this are what make me feel bad for the newer Crail guys. One of them could McTwist off of a hotel over a helicopter but they'll never get the full shine they deserve because the conversation will always be dominated by whatever old guys are still milking it.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2021, 03:01:44 PM »
Threads like this are what make me feel bad for the newer Crail guys. One of them could McTwist off of a hotel over a helicopter but they'll never get the full shine they deserve because the conversation will always be dominated by whatever old guys are still milking it.

A lot of comments in here are saying Crail should drop the older dudes to let the new guys shine ? I have no clue who they are but I’m stoked to see actual parts in a video and not some forgettable single on Thrasher.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2021, 03:06:48 PM »
I just wanna see Jordan Trahan's part who will probably blow minds and Vincent Alvarez too. FUck I'm really excited for it actually, Chocolate has always been rad even through the more questionable stages.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2021, 03:41:48 PM »
Here for Jordan and Carl parts.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2021, 04:50:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
studio has trash wood though, control is bad.
How could I forget about morning bell! That kid will Cohen who skates for them is unreal, always been a fan of studios  branding but never seem to see there boards anywhere besides empire

vhsfisheye

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2021, 04:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

When I say Canadian boards i dont mean necessarily made in Canada

There is a guy with a shop that i really like to support in Guelph Ontario called The Ward that does his own boards with Chapman

There is another brand called Comacan that damn near everyone in my area is riding that i believe is from the same shop or somewhere else in the states. i thought the graphics were kind of corny with skulls type thing but there is this 8.75 curb killer deck (Square tail, round nose) and a 9" Shovel deck (square nose, round tail) I am super interested in.

There is also another shop I wanted to shout out called THe Local in Hamilton that looks really dope and they did a collab with Heroin recently and made some really cool looking boards.

Studio is great i have skated their boards in the past and i have one of their boards on the wall (Bryan Wherry pro model with a stack of 90s hip hop CD cases). A lot of people complain about the Control woodshop tohugh so i guess its hit and miss. the ones i had were all fine!

Check out Driveway skate shop it’s just some young dude running a shop outta his van and they carry almost entirely Canadian brands which is cool, they’re also the only place in Canada I could find that carried film trucks

somesortofspin

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2021, 05:04:25 PM »

really like the tony hawks underground hommage.

if they used better wood and better shapes id buy their boards again.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2021, 07:32:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Kenny Anderson lol
[close]

hes doing 180 manuals until hes 76 years old trust me

Saw dude at Pier 7 a while ago trying an insane 180 manual. Seemed like it was an intentional mission for the clip but there ended up being a ton of people skating that day so he wasn't getting as many tries in. Wondering if he got it for the video.

edit: also hilarious that people care about seeing Justin Eldridge clips

wheee!

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2021, 01:12:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

to be fair, that was what.. almost 20 years ago?

Brguy

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2021, 02:51:10 AM »
Chris Roberts sounds like that skater who doesn't go out much because he doesn't land a lot of his tricks but also doesn't realize you have to skate constantly to keep your tricks.

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2021, 10:12:40 AM »
Hope they introduce Hosea in the vid.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that