Author Topic: new chocolate vid "bunny hop"  (Read 44432 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: new chocolate vid "bunny hop"
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2021, 11:32:43 AM »
Chocolate has been my favorite company since almost forever, and I’m about to turn 40. Aside from trunk boys, they’ve kept it pretty classy. Excited for the new guys.

Pappy Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2021, 02:10:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope Crob and Eldy have a couple clips at least. I honestly don’t really know who most of the new riders are at all but stoked to see actual parts in a video from them.
[close]

This, sheesh guys go get something.
[close]

I suppose Chris Roberts could get a crazy curb trick for this, even though he's been pretty vocal how he only skates for fun and once a week. He has that new twin shape out, so there's that.

Eldridge on the other hand, I believe just started easing into it after being injured forever. Maybe it was in the Bunt episode where he said he doesn't want to put himself through that injury bullshit again. He seems to be focusing hard on golf and getting his golf company going, which I think is awesome. I dig the company, Number Thirty Three, wish I could find some of their stuff in Europe.

I'm sure there won't be Crob / Eldy parts but the new squad is really amazing. Chocolate is doing great.
[close]
Weird how one of the bigger skate podcasts is run by guys who hardly skateboard. Seems more like a way for them to make money off skateboarding.
[close]

Guys with decades deep history in skating and the skate industry. They know what they're talking about. Having a name on pro board at this point may be debatable but they're more than qualified to talk about skating.
This is what’s truly debatable

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2021, 03:36:57 PM »
The thing I find funny about Chris Roberts when he talks about skating for fun, he talks about  it as if he has had some exhaustive career where he has really taken it seriously and had a real fruitful career with multiple video parts, extensive touring & magazine coverage, it's like he really did all he could, and has nothing left to give, in his mind at least.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2021, 05:26:07 PM »
The thing I find funny about Chris Roberts when he talks about skating for fun, he talks about  it as if he has had some exhaustive career where he has really taken it seriously and had a real fruitful career with multiple video parts, extensive touring & magazine coverage, it's like he really did all he could, and has nothing left to give, in his mind at least.

I've noticed the complete opposite, he pokes fun at his career all the time and has explicitly mentioned in a self-deprecating way that he has like 10 minutes of footage.

It's a YouTube channel guys, it's not like he's taking up space on network TV.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2021, 07:21:09 PM »
Drop the old roster and move forward with the Aikens, Trahan, Capps and Erik. That’s a solid team right there. Time to move on.

Generally I agree with the exception of Jesus Fernandez. He may not be the most productive but I have an irrational soft spot for him
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:51:24 PM by Candied cigarettes »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2021, 07:30:01 PM »
Jesus still skates all the time at a high level unlike some others in his age bracket on the team

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2021, 11:47:41 PM »
hopefully Carl pro and Hosea am with this video

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2021, 12:25:29 AM »
All Eldy does is eat hot chip and lie
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2021, 12:43:09 AM »
Eldy will always be one of my favorites. All of his older eS stuff made me a fan even though he only had one big part. I was always looking forward to tour edit sprinkles

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2021, 01:36:43 AM »
Expand Quote
honestly i don’t care what chocolate does at this point
[close]

The new guys are sick drop the cool guy act already

Any sponsored dude nowadays it’s “sick”; but I don’t relate on any level with this new kids, at all
Maybe it’s the grumpy old myself, maybe it’s them, dunno and I don’t care that much either

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2021, 03:27:23 PM »
They’re really doing Hosea dirty by not putting him fully on but hopefully that will change. Carl part is gonna be so good though. Dude has the best style and his roll aways are butter. Can’t wait to skate his first pro model

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Threads like this are what make me feel bad for the newer Crail guys. One of them could McTwist off of a hotel over a helicopter but they'll never get the full shine they deserve because the conversation will always be dominated by whatever old guys are still milking it.
[close]

A lot of comments in here are saying Crail should drop the older dudes to let the new guys shine ? I have no clue who they are but I’m stoked to see actual parts in a video and not some forgettable single on Thrasher.

That's my point. At this rate it's straight up distracting that they don't.

LostBearings

• Rep: -6
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2021, 09:31:18 PM »
Stoked for this video, the newer guys all rip. Aikens next up

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2021, 02:25:53 PM »
My guess is Carl first part and Trahan last, or vice versa.

The name seems a bit out of place

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2021, 02:37:03 PM »
Should be a good vid.

I think Eldridge said that Megan Baltimore contacted him and asked to remove/save a clip he posted on Insta. A pivot fakie, maybe? So that could be going in there as a guest clip in a part, or a montage.

@danielpolicelli think there'll be a clip or two of Roberts and Eldridge? Congrats on all your success btw, hard work pays of.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2021, 03:10:20 PM »
Carl part is gonna be so good though. Can’t wait to skate his first pro model

Side note - anyone else never bought skate product based on the pro? That’s literally never crossed my mind before, like, “this dude is sick I can’t wait to buy his board/shoe etc”. Always bought product purely based on how it feels. If it’s a brand I don’t like but the board feels good I’ll just remove the graphics. The odds that a pro I like will have the exact shape I ride available when I’m buying my next deck are pretty low, and in all honesty I just don’t care. Not knocking supporting specific pros at all, just curious if anyone else isn’t motivated by the pro when buying product?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2021, 08:27:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Carl part is gonna be so good though. Can’t wait to skate his first pro model
[close]

Side note - anyone else never bought skate product based on the pro? That’s literally never crossed my mind before, like, “this dude is sick I can’t wait to buy his board/shoe etc”. Always bought product purely based on how it feels. If it’s a brand I don’t like but the board feels good I’ll just remove the graphics. The odds that a pro I like will have the exact shape I ride available when I’m buying my next deck are pretty low, and in all honesty I just don’t care. Not knocking supporting specific pros at all, just curious if anyone else isn’t motivated by the pro when buying product?

I’ll buy for a shape, and if a pro just so happens to always make that shape, I suppose I do.

Case in point, the Ishod twin tail, that Chima short wheelbase 8.25 that was around for a while, and Peter Hewitt AH’s back in 2006-2012.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 51
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2021, 11:52:13 PM »
It was a mistake letting go of Chico. He was the last one from the old roster. He still skates - very good and inspiring and bridges the gap from the old to what ever the new chocolate is. As a old fan of the brand I don't think that either Eldrige, Chris Roberts, Kenny Anderson or Ferrnandez is part of the old guard.

A positive note is that they are facing out the trunk boys, which was a violation of the brand in my opinion. The new guys are okay casted. Peace out from a grumpy old man. 

Ps. they should let go of Raven Tershy - Give him back to creature or something.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2021, 12:51:33 AM »
Should be a good vid.

I think Eldridge said that Megan Baltimore contacted him and asked to remove/save a clip he posted on Insta. A pivot fakie, maybe? So that could be going in there as a guest clip in a part, or a montage.

@danielpolicelli think there'll be a clip or two of Roberts and Eldridge? Congrats on all your success btw, hard work pays of.

I believe that was because it was at the new Crail park and it wasn't revealed yet at that point, they were going to do an intro clip of the park or something.

In the new Breanna episode Roberts said he had just filmed a slappy trick with the Crail filmer.

Damn, apparently I listen to a lot of these skate podcasts cause I know all these details...

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2021, 03:34:33 AM »
chris roberts / 9 club fans share a single brain cell
everything crail does automatically sucks
they are world industries flame boy wet willy 2.0 at this point
plan b element bullshit i lump it all in to the same category
flip too
ONTARIO CANADA

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2021, 06:17:33 AM »
flip too

You ok buddy?

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2021, 02:20:54 PM »
flip too

not gonna lie thats just how I viewed them at some point

not sure when it happened

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2021, 02:24:19 PM »
hopefully Carl pro and Hosea am with this video

If this doesn’t happen I’ll legit be a little bummed out.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2021, 02:30:14 PM »
Hope they don’t edit too much of this to some pop shit. I like pop music but for chocolate, especially this current team I need something smoother, maybe one punk song but don’t want something to cornballish

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2021, 05:50:44 PM »
maybe its Crailtap nostalgia but would love a promo for this

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2021, 01:55:26 PM »
i'm generally over the hero worship of girl/choc and have been for years

but i'm stoked on all the new guys, trahan, capps, erik, carl, hopefully they put hosea on

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2021, 05:38:46 PM »
Apparently they're hosting skateshop premiers the weekend of December 17th.

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2021, 09:48:29 AM »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2021, 11:23:25 AM »
Oh so this is like a full thing and not a 14 minute YouTube clip? Aight bet.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2021, 11:42:33 AM »
He blew out his Achilles filming for his A Time to Shine part. That likely changed his career trajectory.