Author Topic: Weekly World News  (Read 391 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Weekly World News
« on: November 19, 2021, 05:42:46 AM »

Who remembers Weekly World News?  I’d get one whenever I saw it at the grocery store or news stand or something.  It was basically just cover to cover funny bullshit.  Even had a “Batboy Found in Cave” t-shirt that I wore to threads.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
Re: Weekly World News
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 05:09:14 PM »
I remember.

Does anyone remember Pandamonium?

Here is the synopsis:

When an evil alien named Mondraggor (voiced by William Woodson) attempted to steal an ancient object called the Pyramid of Power, the pyramid shattered into many pieces, which scattered around the world. Each week, Mondraggor would race against two human siblings, Peter and Peggy Darrow, who were accompanied by three talking pandas named Chesty, Timothy, and Algernon, who were irradiated by the Pyramid's magic. The three of them can unite to form Poppapanda, a being with supernatural power.[3]

sometimeperhaps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
Re: Weekly World News
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 06:18:31 PM »
I remember seeing bat boy as a kid all the time. I was just the right age to be debating if it was real or not. Years later I caught up with the bat boy, or should I say man now.