Author Topic: suciu spitfire part  (Read 8242 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: suciu spitfire part
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2021, 12:00:25 PM »
Great part, but i finally get why kb says he has bad style. How he has his front arm stiff straight down with the wrist a bit out while he is rolling up to things hurt my eyes

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2021, 12:02:47 PM »
He is the T-1000 of skateboarding. He will not be stopped from getting that trophy.
Cody mcentire is pissed

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2021, 12:05:15 PM »
Give this man SOTY.

Might be my favourite part from him

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2021, 12:32:40 PM »
Damn, reading through this thread, it’s like his obvious plan of putting out two throwaway parts followed by one really good one at the end of the year worked on everyone.  Forget the fact that Dilo’s had like 4 gnarly no-filler parts this year, and another on the way.  Or the fact that Louie’s FA part was 10x more tasteful and stylish than this one.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2021, 12:36:15 PM »
Damn, reading through this thread, it’s like his obvious plan of putting out two throwaway parts followed by one really good one at the end of the year worked on everyone.  Forget the fact that Dilo’s had like 4 gnarly no-filler parts this year, and another on the way.  Or the fact that Louie’s FA part was 10x more tasteful and stylish than this one.
Max and Chima got something to say as well.

Cliff_Kaufman

• Rep: 15
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2021, 12:40:47 PM »
For everyone saying SOTY, keep in mind a Fred Gall part is on its way

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2021, 12:51:32 PM »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2021, 12:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Courthouse to Blubba was so spicy. Also loved that he ripped a switch front 180 off the second drop, so few people have done anything off the second drop aside from him.

That being said, I’m also liking his skating less and less these days. That second line was brutally calculated and rigid feeling. Like, just ease up and cruise around man, not everything is a fuckin literary math equation. You don’t have to ollie on to each little step because you can, just push and look fluid instead.
[close]

I feel the opposite, it looks free flowing and fun. It’s often not difficult stuff but looks like it would be enjoyable to do. Tom Knox does the same thing sometimes and it feels more relatable to me than 3 tricks in a row on 3 of the same ledges.

to this point, and no intended degradation of Tom Knox (who is a personal hero)... Tom Knox openly plans out/calculates his lines with painstaking detail.  it's something I actually enjoy about both Suciu and Knox.  somewhat related:  didnt Suciu have an interview where he said Busenitz sat him down once to tell him to quit stressing out about plans/ABDs and to 'just skate'?  I just dont think he can... which isnt a bad thing.  skaters plan stuff.  from pants, to set ups, to lines... it's hard to be completely spontaneous in everything--especially when oftentimes the filmer at least needs a general idea of where the skater is gonna go/do so as not to miss something. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTG7D1titqY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLQn9kQxsZ0
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 02:49:27 PM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2021, 12:54:02 PM »
Great part, but i finally get why kb says he has bad style. How he has his front arm stiff straight down with the wrist a bit out while he is rolling up to things hurt my eyes

Man, I recently noticed I do this same thing rolling up to shit all the time lol. Wondering if I can study my way into naturally taking a different posture, or if I should see a hypnotist or something.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2021, 01:10:52 PM »
Certainly finished strong here. Courthouse Nollie FS flip was heavy.
Only thing missing from his SOTY campaign is a Thrasher cover. 3 parts and no cover would be a little questionable for a SOTY.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2021, 01:15:37 PM »
favorite tricks:
- blubba backtail three shuv out (weird how my favorite trick on blubba in the middle of the part).
- nollie fs flip into courthouse.

He killed it, lots of good clips.
The thread the needle line where he bs blunts the bench then ends up back on the ledge was fucked.

the cowboy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »

Good reminder on Dilo, he's killed it.  I'm a huge fan.  If he puts out another good part he should be neck and neck with Suciu.

TrifflinOne

• Rep: -1
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2021, 01:34:56 PM »
Idk if he deserves soty but damn does he does deserve the award for most fun had.

Half cab crook firecracker to fakie or whatever I watched over and over again it's such a beautiful dork trick.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2021, 02:09:43 PM »
Only thing missing from his SOTY campaign is a Thrasher cover. 3 parts and no cover would be a little questionable for a SOTY.

I know it's been decades since then but Chris Senn won SOTY without ever getting a Thrasher cover including the issue that announces he got it.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
Wow that was great! Probably my favorite part of his since sabotage 3. Sw Back tail shuv and back lip on fence thing we're my favorites. Only thing I didn't like was the back lip nosegrind 180, that trick was straight ass

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2021, 02:54:14 PM »
I was just playing my drums to this song last night, trippy. Another great one from our boy.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2021, 02:57:49 PM »
He's kinda like Joaquin Phoenix for me where I can acknowledge he's good at what he does but admit I'm not interested.  I'm still pulling for Chima for SOTY.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2021, 03:12:23 PM »
This part not only solidifies Suciu as an all time great but also furthers the notion that KB is fried.

lavachebeadsman

• Rep: -4
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2021, 03:14:32 PM »
Mark Suicu is the fucking best. I get how someone could watch Nyjah or Jagger Eaton and think it’s soulless but how can you watch this guy skate so perfectly and not be stoked?

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2021, 03:20:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know it's been decades since then but Chris Senn won SOTY without ever getting a Thrasher cover including the issue that announces he got it.

Is this actually a thing? Never really considered the cover aspect, have all the other SOTY winners gotten a Thrasher cover during the year they won? (Not including the actual issue announcing the winner)

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2021, 03:36:20 PM »
Definitely my favorite of the parts he's put out this year. Spot and trick selection were on point. Everything looked especially crisp, controlled, and powerful.

Also was not expecting that Blubba massacre at the end, holy shit. 

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 10
  • VX1000
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2021, 03:47:17 PM »
The gap to 50 to front board was so unreal, so much could have gone so wrong on that spot

You mean the one in his last part from a couple weeks ago..?
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 10
  • VX1000
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2021, 03:49:20 PM »

Speaking of, can anyone link to all the Dilo parts from this year? I can only think of two - the 561 part and stage fright
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2021, 03:56:34 PM »
Courthouse to Blubba was so spicy. Also loved that he ripped a switch front 180 off the second drop, so few people have done anything off the second drop aside from him.

That being said, I’m also liking his skating less and less these days. That second line was brutally calculated and rigid feeling. Like, just ease up and cruise around man, not everything is a fuckin literary math equation. You don’t have to ollie on to each little step because you can, just push and look fluid instead.

I can’t believe it. I’m finally warming up to Suciu’s skating and other people are accusing him of being too calculated

go figure

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2021, 04:16:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Speaking of, can anyone link to all the Dilo parts from this year? I can only think of two - the 561 part and stage fright

he had parts in Flora Ep. 2 and Almost's Rosario too. def deserves consideration and I would be stoked af if he won it but I think it's pretty unlikely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YbSVQNp24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hr0SXa9mqc

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2021, 04:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is this actually a thing? Never really considered the cover aspect, have all the other SOTY winners gotten a Thrasher cover during the year they won? (Not including the actual issue announcing the winner)

It's not a must, as there are no rules but if a magazine is showcasing the best/ most prolific/ most talked about skater that year, they've generally done something coverworthy. Certainly part of the vague criteria.

UwU

• Rep: 2
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2021, 04:58:05 PM »
screamed a lot watching this but the ride on pop shove 5050 really did it for me

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2021, 05:03:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

besides milton and mason, nobody has had a cover the year of winning since ave. and even before that, wes and ishod didn’t have one the years they won either. i’m sure there’s lots of other years that were just the same.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

dazedazedaze

• Rep: 7
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2021, 05:35:45 PM »
god i loved that. also, biased, but loved it was such a new york part

(so much better than the last part, which was boring imo, aside from the ender)

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2021, 05:43:16 PM »
That was beautiful