Author Topic: Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie  (Read 20983 times)

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9958
Re: mark suciu = soty?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2021, 04:12:28 PM »

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2021, 04:13:04 PM »
Mark Sucius is like the dude wants a job, his current works and past resume supports that he's more than qualified for the position. And he's been focus on this type of position since he was a kid, but the hiring manager says he doesn't fit the company culture.

absolutely. if phelps was still around he would probably shut mark out just to be spiteful, but in a post-phelps world i could them letting him get the W for a change. still won't be surprised if a hellrider wins instead.

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »
I think Spitfire was the best part he's put out this year, the other two didn't do much for me but this was really good, courthouse line was genuinely shocking. This Philly part popped up in he suggestions for me, been out a couple of weeks and only like 500 views, weird but he does some class stuff in Philly in this too. 4 parts in a year and possibly more on the way is madness though it does maybe feel like he wants it too badly at this point, he's pretty cemented as a legendary skater and he'll definitely be remembered long after a lot of the recent SOTYS so maybe it doesn't really matter to anyone but him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI3ZB4gqkzc

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2021, 05:16:02 PM »
Amazing part.

Jack O'grady also had an incredible part - I also saw O'grady with a filmer at a fucked double set in Chinatown the other day. Could have another part coming.

Chima also.

Tough year.

NeimanMarxist

• Rep: -11
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2021, 05:22:54 PM »
Heitor = soty!

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 56
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2021, 05:26:25 PM »
Mark Sucius is like the dude wants a job, his current works and past resume supports that he's more than qualified for the position. And he's been focus on this type of position since he was a kid, but the hiring manager says he doesn't fit the company culture.

Hahah, I can imagine the staff meeting.
"He consistently does things no one even imagined on a skateboard. But it would be, you know, like cool if he was, like, dumber and stuff. Slap wants less calculated. More, what's that word bro... um...."
Intern: "monosyllabic"
"Get out College boy "

enrgydrnkr

• Rep: 25
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2021, 05:37:30 PM »
I think Spitfire was the best part he's put out this year, the other two didn't do much for me but this was really good, courthouse line was genuinely shocking. This Philly part popped up in he suggestions for me, been out a couple of weeks and only like 500 views, weird but he does some class stuff in Philly in this too. 4 parts in a year and possibly more on the way is madness though it does maybe feel like he wants it too badly at this point, he's pretty cemented as a legendary skater and he'll definitely be remembered long after a lot of the recent SOTYS so maybe it doesn't really matter to anyone but him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI3ZB4gqkzc

I hate to break it to you but this came out back in 2017 or so to promote his adidas shoe. check the love park clips

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2021, 05:44:52 PM »
What's up with his front arm?

He just dangles it all limp in front of him like a weird limp noodle before he ollies up to things.

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2021, 05:54:06 PM »
Mark needs a new editor and/or filmer. As bad as his filming can be, you have to give credit to Strobeck for getting Tyshawn the trophy a few years back. The way his Blessed part was put together really made it feel as though you were watching something monumental. It gave Tyshawn's skating energy. I don't think Tyshawn would've won if his part had been filmed more conventionally and set to sleepy folk/soul music. I love Mark's skating and he's got some bangers in his parts for sure but fuck! Almost all his footage looks a little sleepy and subdued. He wants that trophy bad, even thrasher is calling him out on that with the caption to this video - "It's that time of year again..." So get a new filmer/editor mark and pick some fucking upbeat music you Debby Downer!

It kinda sucks that now video parts decide skater of the year.. Back in the day I'm guessing it had to do less with the finished product video part, but that's the way it is now so things like editing, music, angles, these things matter. It's more than just the skating...which again is kind of unfortunate.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2021, 06:20:29 PM »
I remember when this came out and everybody was hating for no reason

https://youtu.be/_Ks27t1KBtU

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2021, 07:50:29 PM »
 It seems like in most years it comes down to the legacy parts that come out right before the announcement, which is what, the first week of December? Pretty cool time of year especially if Yuto, Suciu, or O’Grady release 8+ minutes. I’ll also say that In my opinion Chima could be the only one to win on what has already come out.
Not mad Suciu is trying, hoping he releases the stockpile of footy.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2021, 08:22:11 PM »
https://youtu.be/hIdsjNGCGz4
Mark is the guy with the pony tail

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2021, 09:30:26 PM »
Nowadays you need to be in contention for a couple years at least to have your turn at the top.
Mark's been waiting the longest.

Usually the tie breaker is whomever is living the most "Thrasher" lifestlyle but no contenders are real Hellriders.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2021, 01:51:51 AM »
lol why would yuto get it? the olympics? you think thrasher gives a flying shit about the oympics?

Phelps would probably avoid giving it to the Olympic skater

Brguy

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2021, 02:08:52 AM »
Not a chance, he's already past his magnum opus, tons of other skaters who did crazier stuff this year. To me it looks like he's in the twilight of his carer, not doing anything to push boundaries but just filming stuff focusing on style and spot/trick selection, it's a shame he didn't got it with verso but Milton was on a tear and what's done is done. 1 minute in and this part is way better than the others.

Edit: Alright, I kinda take it back on the whole twilight thing cause this part got better with every trick, only time will tell but he certainly looks more focused than I thought.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2021, 02:25:31 AM »
If not mark, then who?  If yuto has one more part I could see him, but that’s it.

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2021, 02:50:56 AM »
Chima.

As amazing as Mark is (he really fucking is), this push feels way too forced. Like some one said above. To me it feels like he's trying to follow Mason's blueprint, no? Edit: in terms of timing of the parts, not the skating ofc. did both spitfire parts even came out on the same day of the year?

If I was Thrasher I'd cut with this and give it to the guy with the most iconic single part. That guy is Chima. Maybe O'Grady. Maybe GT.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 02:58:38 AM by BALAKOV »

EvenStevieNicks

• Rep: 30
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2021, 04:19:24 AM »
"Let me shutdown Bluba right quick"

-Mark Suciu

Couldn't agree more. I don't keep up with NBDs/ABDs at all really, but even I could see that he fucked up that courthouse ledge/drop and the blubba. Fuckin' nuts how much control he has!

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2021, 04:56:40 AM »
Mark needs a new editor and/or filmer. As bad as his filming can be, you have to give credit to Strobeck for getting Tyshawn the trophy a few years back. The way his Blessed part was put together really made it feel as though you were watching something monumental. It gave Tyshawn's skating energy. I don't think Tyshawn would've won if his part had been filmed more conventionally and set to sleepy folk/soul music. I love Mark's skating and he's got some bangers in his parts for sure but fuck! Almost all his footage looks a little sleepy and subdued. He wants that trophy bad, even thrasher is calling him out on that with the caption to this video - "It's that time of year again..." So get a new filmer/editor mark and pick some fucking upbeat music you Debby Downer!

It kinda sucks that now video parts decide skater of the year.. Back in the day I'm guessing it had to do less with the finished product video part, but that's the way it is now so things like editing, music, angles, these things matter. It's more than just the skating...which again is kind of unfortunate.

Its nothing wrong with dudes in background. Its all about Suciu. His style is boring and dude seems like a white hygienic guy who skates good, nice hair, nice clothes perfect tricks. TJ is from the streets, more genuine, got power and strong pop...Like other said, Chima is The man for this year. I love Suciu, but he lost his apeal post Cross Continental part.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2021, 05:16:48 AM »
Hopefully you guys don't pick the guy who gets SOTY
cuz there are way too many absurd takes here

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2021, 05:33:16 AM »
I think Mark needs the 2021 hot topic style makeover.
funny shoes, lots of swinging chains, maybe dye his hair or something.

its about that marketing baby

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2021, 05:37:36 AM »
great tricks – incredibly boring to watch. The entire video lacks dynamic, speed and feeling.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2021, 05:38:16 AM »
Chimas part was kinda boring it was just stair skating

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2021, 05:48:04 AM »
https://youtu.be/hIdsjNGCGz4
Mark is the guy with the pony tail
I had a dream that I came up with this last night and woke up excited to share it in this thread.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -13
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2021, 05:49:47 AM »
I think Mark needs the 2021 hot topic style makeover.
funny shoes, lots of swinging chains, maybe dye his hair or something.

its about that marketing baby

Less reading also. Reading is not hellride.
Quote from: EdLawndale on October 13, 2021, 12:03:45 PM
You just became my favorite Slap poster

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2021, 05:56:21 AM »
Nowadays you need to be in contention for a couple years at least to have your turn at the top.
Mark's been waiting the longest.

Usually the tie breaker is whomever is living the most "Thrasher" lifestlyle but no contenders are real Hellriders.

don’t think that’s the case, i mean foy went flow to pro in the year he got soty (sure it’s been 4 years ago but still), milton or mason also weren’t that deep into the game, they both first got some recognition around 2017. that’s not exactly the 10+ years long skate career that mark has had
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 06:03:16 AM by roba »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

douchenozzle

• Rep: 30
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2021, 06:12:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Its nothing wrong with dudes in background. Its all about Suciu. His style is boring and dude seems like a white hygienic guy who skates good, nice hair, nice clothes perfect tricks. TJ is from the streets, more genuine, got power and strong pop...Like other said, Chima is The man for this year. I love Suciu, but he lost his apeal post Cross Continental part.
Problem with TJ is that as talented as he is, his style looks like shit

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2021, 06:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is the funniest thing I’ve ever read in my life thank you

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2021, 06:14:39 AM »
Unless you mean Tyshawn then I agree! For second I thought u were referring to tj rogers hahaha

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2021, 06:24:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Problem with TJ is that as talented as he is, his style looks like shit

Agree...not really Tyshawn style fan, but dude is unreal.