Author Topic: Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie  (Read 21034 times)

OldSkater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -49
Re: mark suciu = soty?
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2021, 05:05:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ugh,

I'm a a suciu fan, but that thrasher article is fucked.
The cringe factor from trying to sound so educated is horrible.

I probably wrote some things I would look back on and feel embarrassed about too.
Luckily nobody cares or can pull those up three years later to show me.

Spitfire part was amazing, blubba tricks especially. Would be happy to see him get soty
Excited to see what else drops in the next month.
Love the soty rush content while its happening
[close]

im with you. I like to watch him skate way more than listen to him talk.

when he was on the nine club, they asked him what his favorite movie was, and he mentioned some foreign film he admitted he fell asleep during.

Like, just say "happy gilmore" or "blazing saddles" like a normal person, you don't look more intelligent saying your favorite flick is something so obscure and boring you took a nap during it.

His skateboarding is pretty awesome tho
[close]

you guys are weird. It seems no one should skate and be passionate about littérature or cinema. You are all projecting so much on this man. It sounds  like if you don’t  like « foreign films » everyone who likes them must be pretending right ?

I dont have any problem with foreign films lol. one of my favorite movies of all time is the original russian version of Solaris. But if you ask me to pick my favorite movie, I am gonna answer with something I DID NOT fall asleep in the middle of

Salmon Agah

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2021, 05:23:18 AM »
I think what Mark's skating is missing is it being "scary."

When I see Mark do a technical ledge trick, I think "I could try that for an hour and not come close!" Not about how hurt I could get while doing it. The most injury factor for a misstep on most of his tricks is a shinner or falling on your hip, small injuries that would nag but wouldn't leave someone who is incapable of doing the trick mangled if they were to try it a couple of times.

Obviously scary, big and fast isn't the end all be all. Rail chomping has fallen out of favor, but that's what drew people there in the first place. Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie isn't impressive because of how technically sound his ollie is, it's because your nuts suck up in to your stomach imagining being in the air between the two.

But, yeah. I think the word "scary" is what some people feel is missing from Mark's skating.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2021, 05:35:23 AM »
"bland"

suciu would be the most "bland" soty of all time
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2021, 05:45:28 AM »

When I see Mark do a technical ledge trick, I think "I could try that for an hour and not come close!" Not about how hurt I could get while doing it. The most injury factor for a misstep on most of his tricks is a shinner or falling on your hip, small injuries that would nag but wouldn't leave someone who is incapable of doing the trick mangled if they were to try it a couple of times.

Obviously scary, big and fast isn't the end all be all. Rail chomping has fallen out of favor, but that's what drew people there in the first place. Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie isn't impressive because of how technically sound his ollie is, it's because your nuts suck up in to your stomach imagining being in the air between the two.

But, yeah. I think the word "scary" is what some people feel is missing from Mark's skating.

“Let’s just ignore the courthouse tricks/line in the recent spitfire part cause that would work against the angle I’m trying to shoehorn in”

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2021, 05:47:41 AM »

"Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie" lol
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

generic_ocount

• Rep: -25
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2021, 05:56:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie" lol

jeremy klein did it in his anime adaptation 

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2021, 06:46:26 AM »
I think what Mark's skating is missing is it being "scary.

Mark has definitely done some scary ass tricks in his career.

Switch back 50 that huge hubba in Montreal - for fun
Courthouse drop destruction
50-50 gap to 50-50 on a handrail
Switch tre into the drop/bank in his most recent part
Noliie 360 D7

All of that qualifies has scary as hell IMO.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2021, 07:20:52 AM »
If Suciu wins the Trophy and doesn't immediately hand it over to his teammate Uncle Freddy---than Habitat is done for

somefucker

« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2021, 07:20:57 AM »
Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie

pls change thread name to this

quackquack

• Rep: -397
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2021, 08:07:50 AM »
Has anyone talked about how Vincent Alvarez is this generation's Fred Gall?
Oh, the places you'll go.

somefucker

« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2021, 08:18:29 AM »

Explain

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2021, 08:52:07 AM »
Fred Gall is THIS generations' Fred Gall; Uncle Freddy is for EVERYBODY!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2021, 09:00:08 AM »
Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie isn't impressive because of how technically sound his ollie is, it's because your nuts suck up in to your stomach imagining being in the air between the two.

Uhhh whose water tower ollie?!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

somefucker

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2021, 09:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Jeremy Klein's watertower ollie isn't impressive because of how technically sound his ollie is, it's because your nuts suck up in to your stomach imagining being in the air between the two.
[close]

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2021, 09:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

“Let’s just ignore the courthouse tricks/line in the recent spitfire part cause that would work against the angle I’m trying to shoehorn in”

Also the roll-on shove it 5050. You could eat some life changing, career ending shit on that trick

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2021, 09:49:17 AM »
If he doesn't win it somebody needs to start an alternative award and challenge trasher's monopoly. He has been putting in work since he was like 11 doing crazy tricks skating super hard and going to school and doing all this other stuff authoring a book come on now

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2021, 09:56:07 AM »
I think if Mark grew his hair long and had more of an attitude Thrasher would give it to him. If he started doing that move where you look back at the ledge after you land the trick and flip it the bird it would give him hellride bonus points. Burnett loves that type of shit.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2021, 09:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, a lot of people forget that jeremy klein did it first. he slid out and broke his collarbone on the landing. he said in an interview though that jeremy wray's dad was cool to him and there were no hard feelings.

IpathCats

« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2021, 10:00:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pls change thread name to this

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 267
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2021, 10:08:45 AM »
I like his skating, he has unbelievable board control, but it's a bit weird how he's lauded as some kind of super-genius for having an English degree. I get that companies/people will push certain images for riders/themselves, but his just seems really forced and pretentious. Great skater though

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2021, 10:50:09 AM »
lol i feel like we are getting trolled
lets be real though jon dildo is way more gnar than mark sushi

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2021, 11:42:42 AM »
I hope it's either Suciu or Dilo.
Dilo would be great because his trajectory is not too common in the industry.
I love Chima, but IMO he doesn't deserve SOTY this year.

On output alone, Dilo is worthy. Sadly, he will not win without a shoe sponsor.

Brguy

« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2021, 12:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Also the roll-on shove it 5050. You could eat some life changing, career ending shit on that trick
These things are probably the reason this video is so much better than the others though.

LloydBrün

• Rep: 14
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2021, 12:44:17 PM »

Jeremy Kleins nuts suck up in his stomach thinking about being between his two waifu pillows.

k-nutz

• Rep: 49
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2021, 01:07:26 PM »

There needs to be a skate off.  3 obstacles with 1 day to film 3 tricks.

A two level manual pad
A quirky cellar door
An 18 stair gap with alternative hubba

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2021, 02:44:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Foy won while on Diamond Footwear which is worse than no shoe sponsor.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2021, 03:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Gnarred! Impeccable attention to detail

ilan2011

• Rep: -16
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »
Mark skated it better to be honest.

Rowan on shots fired

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2021, 08:03:55 PM »
Dilo > anyone else this year. Dude had like 5 parts, no throwaway footy.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2021, 09:17:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I agree that Diamond Footwear was lame but at the time they were spending money. What I’m saying is, no one is winning SOTY without sponsors that can afford to pay for it.