Author Topic: Middle Sckool  (Read 2023 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
Middle Sckool
« on: October 15, 2021, 04:45:57 AM »
Vincent Nava's crew I guess. Popped up on my suggested YT vids this morning. Kinda feeling it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDhK6FPCMOA

Edit: Fixed the link
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 06:20:17 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

behavioralguide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Middle Sckool
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 05:03:49 AM »
gloves&tongues

IpathCats

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 06:26:44 AM »
gloves&tongues

This video makes me feel old and out of touch. Some pretty good skating though. Crew videos are tight, and I like that these guys are doing their own thing while ripping. Would love to see a larger emergence of a crew scene in skateboarding. Seeing all the different groups of homies have their own styles in skating/fashion/video editing would be cool. Sort of like brand image, but without the corporate nonsense. I love the genuine, more raw feeling from shit like this. As long as they're ripping, I back it.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 06:46:15 AM »
Skipped to the end which had some Vincent Footage Rip to a young legend
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

hocusfocus

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 07:35:25 AM »
This vid was pretty sick, I was hoping to see some junior clips though. His part for pig wheels was fucking sweethttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilOtPLCkutg

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 07:42:13 AM »
fucked with it

RIP Vincent

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 03:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote
gloves&tongues
[close]

This video makes me feel old and out of touch. Some pretty good skating though. Crew videos are tight, and I like that these guys are doing their own thing while ripping. Would love to see a larger emergence of a crew scene in skateboarding. Seeing all the different groups of homies have their own styles in skating/fashion/video editing would be cool. Sort of like brand image, but without the corporate nonsense. I love the genuine, more raw feeling from shit like this. As long as they're ripping, I back it.

My thoughts exactly. Not my scene but I totally appreciate the authenticity and originality. It was kinda like watching a Baker vid for the first time back in the day.

They kinda look like a skater gang from a cheesey 90s movie/tv show. Remind me a bit of juggalos too, but whatever, they're owning it, modern skating could use more weirdness.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 04:05:38 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 06:58:13 AM »
I dig this crew’s shit.

Also, is that actually junior’s mom? Smokeshow

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 03:21:30 PM »
why they delete vid :(
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

ginz2

• Rep: 4
  • i seent it.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 04:35:15 PM »
Someone who snagged it must reupload
grom n proud

ginz2

• Rep: 4
  • i seent it.
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 06:58:59 PM »
We’re back baby!!!

https://youtu.be/EDhK6FPCMOA

grom n proud

Monopolyman

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 10:41:23 PM »
Bump. This video is sick. I don't know if this shit will ever catch on to the mainstream but this crew is fuckin rad

Yeah they’re super self aware and definitely achieve the aesthetic they’re aiming for.  Video goes.  Sequence starting at 9:06 was the highlight for me, besides the Nava footy
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 10:57:13 PM by Monopolyman »

IpathCats

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 07:23:40 AM »

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 07:46:42 AM »
You can shop at Hot Topic all you want if you can skate like this.  These kids rule and would rather watch them than 90% of the baggy 90s costume clones wobbling slow tech shit.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2021, 02:42:09 PM »
I fuck with the edit..

Highlight was some dude doing ollie on flat as a clip. His fit was on point though..

Edit: rip Vincent Nava

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 08:50:25 AM »
Just saw this video for the first time and felt the need to bump this thread because I really think it deserves more views. This crew has to be one of the most unique ones out right now, and it's so sick to see that so apparent in this video. Watching this reminded me of watching Baker videos when I was a lot younger.

That Vincent Nava tribute part was edited perfectly too. The shots, the skating, that song... They really did him right and he'll always be a legend to me.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2021, 05:30:35 AM »
Wow this video was actaully really good. one of the best full length i have seen in a long time. i wish a few things were different like it was a little bit shorter + cut out the park footage but there was some really nice sending in there from those weirdos. that guy with the dreads has really nice front heels. i wish they would have focused more on those really graffiti'd up spots instead of known spots. there is a clip towards the end with a really nice switch heel down a set ive never seen before with a wet willie that says like "get dat hoe" tagged on the wall. fucking godlike

in the end too the kind of vibe i got from them, like as hard as they try to look for these clips etc. i feel like at the end of the day they all seemed like really nice kids... am i way off base with this?  Really sad Vincent died in car accident :( it looked like they were acting too dangerous with the cars, that is definintely not something you should fuck with + i bet you they had a lot more stupid shit with cars they could have shown but chose not to because of the way he died.
ONTARIO CANADA