Author Topic: How and why is Aiden Mackey pro?  (Read 7510 times)

Tabletop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
Re: How and why is Aiden Mackey pro?
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2021, 08:57:12 AM »
Fos called and wants his pants back!

giantposer

• Rep: 0
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2021, 10:46:44 AM »
He barely flips his board, hardly ollies onto anything, needs to hold someones hand to slappy a rail.

https://youtu.be/vfnJlPCkemc

Cuz his style is gnarlier than shit covered piss

Prinzy

• Rep: 94
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2021, 10:53:31 AM »
Expand Quote
He barely flips his board, hardly ollies onto anything, needs to hold someones hand to slappy a rail.

https://youtu.be/vfnJlPCkemc
[close]

Cuz his style is gnarlier than shit covered piss

Can piss be covered in shit? Given the fact piss is a liquid, I don't think it be covered in a solid.

I think piss covered shit would be more fitting.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
  • Itís 1990 boys, letís get rid of the skeletons.
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2021, 11:05:14 AM »
is having a signature trick still a thing?
Not sure if itís still a thing, but THIS dude built a shoe empire that lasted nearly two decades as the unchallenged leader in skate footwear, out of a little Sims cash & a stupid trick (shown here) called the flare. Or la fusee, en France.

Joey Tershay is a Nigerian prince (and Ace loves him!)

El Rey

• Rep: -3
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2021, 11:12:50 AM »
Didn't know the guy before - but apart from what everyone else said:

* Goes fast with interesting tricks
* Has unique style - on board and persona
* I'd rather watch some of these clips again than the 100.000th big rail trick or big trick down some stairs which looks all the same nevertheless etc.
* Guy seems to have fun skating

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: -6
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2021, 11:26:31 AM »
because the skateboarding industry is marketing based, not talent based. A lot of everyone's favorite skaters aren''t very good at riding a skateboard, but portray (project) an image they relate  to. hard pill to swallow, but if you don't like it change the channel.
Its the other way around - to manny people are really good in riding a skateboard and doing the wildest tricks with it.
Its not enough to be good at Skateboarding to become a face / personality for a skateboard hardgood brand. 

to the OP
Dill and Ave decide to create a sister brand for FA which shoud be more "edgy" "punk" "hardcore" then FA without being
a copy of all other "punk" "hardcore" brands  already in skateboarding - so you need to find people who gave that idea of a brand a look/ identity.
I am not a fan of Aiden - but big fan of AA.
At least we need to realize that Dill and Ave create two of the more successful new board brands of the last years.
Who thought that 20 years ago about Dill - if you see Kosten & Guy in comparison.(or manny other)
So they did more right then wrong. And Aidenīs Skateboarding is a part of that story of success.
For sure the Boards I see in the shop / wild are Tyshawn, Na-kel, Elijah and most of all the stamp embossed team boards.

This and all soft goods is the bread and butter of the brand. Aiden is more a side kick with one board per season - I have never seen his pro board so I assume that even that one board have a smaller production volume then each Tyshawn board.

Dont be worry that Aiden is a pro skateboarder - he is just living his life.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
  • Surprised kitten style
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2021, 03:58:05 PM »
I feel like he was also this generations ride off a roof guy but moved on to bombing dirt hills when more people started getting roof clips
So preoccupied with whether he could do it for the culture he didnít stop to think whether he should do it for the culture

somefucker

• Rep: -20
  • sAy iT wiTh yOuR cHeSt
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2021, 04:16:54 AM »
Not sure if itís still a thing, but THIS dude built a shoe empire that lasted nearly two decades as the unchallenged leader in skate footwear, out of a little Sims cash & a stupid trick (shown here) called the flare. Or la fusee, en France.

i'm too young. i don't know whats happening here
his tricks look like a cartoon where the character throws a sandwich in the air and it reveals all the contents of said sandwich, but then it lands back on the table like a normal sandwich

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2021, 06:27:09 AM »
It's pretty interesting how many freestyle skaters went on to be the biggest industry players.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2021, 07:17:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's a Christ Air, show some respect.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
  • Itís 1990 boys, letís get rid of the skeletons.
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2021, 07:21:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's a Christ Air, show some respect.
Gnaríd for the laugh to start my morning with. Better than a cup of coffee.
I am thanks you!

Joey Tershay is a Nigerian prince (and Ace loves him!)

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1206
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2021, 07:49:52 AM »
was thinking about it last night and dancing on thin ice has i think ZERO handrails. dont think it has a single flip trick down stairs. theres hardly any stair sets in general, and normally they are skated in a unique way if there is one like a wall ride shove or going down that skinny ass suitcase ramp. there is not a single flat ground flip trick in the entire video as far as i know either.  oh just that massive hubba that he slams on in the very beginning  ;D
ONTARIO CANADA

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2021, 07:58:45 AM »
was thinking about it last night and dancing on thin ice has i think ZERO handrails. dont think it has a single flip trick down stairs. theres hardly any stair sets in general, and normally they are skated in a unique way if there is one like a wall ride shove or going down that skinny ass suitcase ramp. there is not a single flat ground flip trick in the entire video as far as i know either.  oh just that massive hubba that he slams on in the very beginning  ;D

ok and what's wrong with that
Skateboarding isn't a sport because when I'm in these streets I don't play
@grandroba

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2021, 08:00:15 AM »
maybe watch a fucking fallen footwear tour video, that shit should satisfy your handrail and flips down stairs needs
Skateboarding isn't a sport because when I'm in these streets I don't play
@grandroba

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1206
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2021, 08:40:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ok and what's wrong with that

absolutely nothing, it could be my favorite video of all time
ONTARIO CANADA

muntcuscle

• Rep: 32
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2021, 02:33:08 PM »
because his firey ginger hair absorbs more light and thus protects other, more valuable team riders from harmful UV rays

Genericwhitemale

• Rep: -94
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2021, 09:51:17 AM »
https://youtu.be/ofnVlGln60M
No footage. Mackey of FA?

whagman

• Rep: -7
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2021, 10:15:00 AM »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2021, 10:32:55 AM »
Because he's marketable due to his association with Supreme. He's not the first and won't be the last of guys who go pro because they are in the right place at the right time and know the right people. I will say, FA has to be the least balanced team talent wise I've ever seen. They have 3 guys who are legit prodigies in Louie, KB and TJ, and then a couple of guys who are pro due to being homies with the right people.
"I'm giving you one month to move or I'm petting you"

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2021, 01:21:41 PM »
Apparently OP hasnít seen Boogie Nights.