Author Topic: best way to aquire an hpx170  (Read 1021 times)

piley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
best way to aquire an hpx170
« on: October 20, 2021, 05:46:37 PM »
how do i get acquire a hpx170? i live in canada and ebay has very little/ none with memory cards or any bundle type things. how does one go about getting the cam and everything necessary for it. do most people buy off a homie?

i film on a lumix 4/3 and for fish eye its great but long lense obv cant stand up to the hpx i cant seem to find what im looking for and dont really even know what to look for if anyones got info, help,one for sale, a camera that is as good but not p2, or really anything that might narrow down my search pls help out.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
Re: best way to aquire an hpx170
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 07:57:42 AM »
how do i get acquire a hpx170? i live in canada and ebay has very little/ none with memory cards or any bundle type things. how does one go about getting the cam and everything necessary for it. do most people buy off a homie?

i film on a lumix 4/3 and for fish eye its great but long lense obv cant stand up to the hpx i cant seem to find what im looking for and dont really even know what to look for if anyones got info, help,one for sale, a camera that is as good but not p2, or really anything that might narrow down my search pls help out.

Honestly, eBay is your homie. Whilst some Instagram resellers are ok you won't be getting your moneys worth imo. I'd trawl online and see if one pops up for a good price.

piley

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 08:02:45 AM »
Expand Quote

Honestly, eBay is your homie. Whilst some Instagram resellers are ok you won't be getting your moneys worth imo. I'd trawl online and see if one pops up for a good price.
[close]

Thanks for the advice g, seen a couple on eBay with full kits (batteries cards charger mic n all that shit) for around 1600- the one I wanted just sold unfortunately but is 1600 a pretty good price for everything u would need beside the extreme fish eye, also didn’t know insta resale was a thing for these cams might have to check it out but your prob right someone tryna  a bucks for sure.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 07:43:24 PM »
1600 for an HPX with how many p2 cards and batteries?
Feel like that's awful a lot... If anything just buy an HVX200 unless you really care about the tape deck. I found one local on craigslist for 250$ a few years ago, it got stolen out of my car and then I bought another one from a local dude and he hooked me up.

lydius

• Rep: 40
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 12:23:02 PM »
yeah just get an HVX200A / 205A, you'll save at least 3 to $400. they have the same chipset as HPX and can reproduce the same picture (HPX can zoom out a little more I think, wider field of view). plus you get to work on your biceps and chest strength filming with those tanks.

piley

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 08:13:53 PM »
Dumb ass question but chip set meaning they both run p2 cards ?

piley

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »
Also as I don’t rly give a fuck about fisheye, weight could be an issue with filming long/wide angle but I will look into it thank you

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 08:40:26 AM »
Dumb ass question but chip set meaning they both run p2 cards ?

It means the sensor. The 200A and HPX/HMC use the same sensor inside.

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 04:03:03 AM »
I haven’t lurked here in a while, but if your still looking for HPX, I have a 171 (it’s a HPX170 that can do both 50 and/or 60 FPS aka NTSC & PAL)