Author Topic: Skating with your dog  (Read 2515 times)

Mariatorresflores

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -95
Re: Skating with your dog
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2021, 07:06:26 AM »
Just taking a moment to say how much of a petty, piece of shit troll you are if you came to a niche skateboarding message board, to a thread about a skater trying to train his dog, to post shit about how you dont like dogs. Fuck of, no one cares.

Your dislike of dogs says a lot about you, none of it positive.

somefucker

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2021, 07:18:29 AM »
Leave your stinking dog at home.

your dislike of dogs tells me all i need to know

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2021, 08:32:34 AM »
Love dogs but please dont bring it to the park. We had a due at my local with a huge ass dog and it chased after the owner. The dog would amusingly take out al the beginners at our local doing shitty flyouts so I didn't totally mind it but its a loose/loose situation cause either i run into your dog and its on you or avoid the dog and ultimately hurt myself.... just please dont bring the dog to a skatepark.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 08:45:16 AM »

Cant Fakie Flip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2021, 08:45:30 AM »
I have a 15 year old beagle that I'll take to this small fenced in park and just let her sniff around freely while I skate. She has no interest in skateboards or anything really other than following scents around.

I have to take a good look around to make sure there isn't anything dangerous around she could get into, it's not a park that is often visited by anyone but you'd be surprised how often there's chicken bones lying around or other garbage.

I also go early in the morning so there definitely won't be anyone else there because if a loose board were to go in her direction she wouldn't notice and it would hit her for sure and I can't expect random park goers to be cautious about that.

My situation probably doesn't apply to most. She's a weird dog and truly does not care about anything or anyone. She just likes a sniffin'.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2021, 08:52:01 AM »
Love dogs but please dont bring it to the park. We had a due at my local with a huge ass dog and it chased after the owner. The dog would amusingly take out al the beginners at our local doing shitty flyouts so I didn't totally mind it but its a loose/loose situation cause either i run into your dog and its on you or avoid the dog and ultimately hurt myself.... just please dont bring the dog to a skatepark.

That's a problem with a shitty dog owner, don't blame/run into a dog (like that'll solve the problem); talk to the negligent owner.

somefucker

strongererections

• Rep: -14
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2021, 09:31:40 AM »
when peeps have dogs that shed, then they rub on ur pants leavin mad hair, the owner should have to lint roll the haired pants is all i have to say

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2021, 10:34:23 AM »
You could always just behave like an adult and leave your dog at home. Maybe not ruin every session for everyone with an annoying animal.

Part of being an adult and owning a pet is not just being out and crating them all the time. I agree people need to be more responsible with their pets but that's why OP trying to train it is important, so it's not a problem and ruining the session for everyone.

If someone has a dog at the park that's being a nuisance then man up and talk to them there

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2021, 12:00:30 PM »
When it works, it’s great. Sometimes he’s too much of an explorer

Hey I know that ditch. My dog would get in that gross water at the bottom 100%

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »
im gonna bring my bird to the spot

Tomek

• Rep: 29
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2021, 10:35:06 AM »
Expand Quote
When it works, it’s great. Sometimes he’s too much of an explorer

[close]

Hey I know that ditch. My dog would get in that gross water at the bottom 100%

From the streets to the sheets

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2021, 12:32:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Leave your stinking dog at home.
[close]

your dislike of dogs tells me all i need to know
Listen here motherfucker, I love dogs. I’ll kiss a dog on the mouth before I shake the owners hand. I have an 8 year old staffie that’s my ride or die. But you know what? I don’t take her to the mall, restaurants, target, or the fucking spot. She doesn’t need to be there, and neither does your stinking mutt.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2021, 03:40:59 PM »
cats > dogs

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2021, 04:51:49 PM »
hell yeah. my boarder collie/hanging tree cattle dog pulls me down the street. he loves it,  just picked up a set of satori superkush for the ride 🤠

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2021, 07:19:47 PM »
I have a 16 pound yorkie poo so i push at a calculated pace to give her the illusion that she is pulling me and she loves it. It kinda helps with my filmer push as I have to quickly predict her slow downs and correct my speed on a dime. Here is a picture of her :)

Fhk

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2021, 07:27:15 PM »
I have a 16 pound yorkie poo so i push at a calculated pace to give her the illusion that she is pulling me and she loves it. It kinda helps with my filmer push as I have to quickly predict her slow downs and correct my speed on a dime. Here is a picture of her :)

I haven't come across a Yorkie, but they look like such a cool dog.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2021, 07:35:04 PM »
Brian delatorre's doodle was on the sesh once at the Museum of Natural History curbs in SF and incredibly well-behaved
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2021, 07:36:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I haven't had much experience either prior to her. She is a rescue and has very bad separation anxiety. Funny enough running with me skating seems to calm her down as she gets to exert some nervous energy. I went into the adoption process thinking of a pitbull so it's wild that I ended up with a yorkie poo haha.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2021, 11:14:10 PM »
I don't bring my dog to the skatepark or my board to the dog park...

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2021, 09:35:45 AM »
My dog pulls me around on my cruiser and it is super fun

It is all that is good in life.

Fhk

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2021, 09:46:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I haven't had much experience either prior to her. She is a rescue and has very bad separation anxiety. Funny enough running with me skating seems to calm her down as she gets to exert some nervous energy. I went into the adoption process thinking of a pitbull so it's wild that I ended up with a yorkie poo haha.
Hey skating gets rid of my nervous energy too! Haha that reminds of my old boss/friend, He always had 2 big Rottweilers on our job sites. When they both eventually passed on he replaced them with 4 little hotdogs! Those things were awesome, he even had jerseys for them. It was funny as hell. I have a Cane Corso/Blk lab mix now and I love him, but if I ever get another dog it will be a Little one for sure.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2021, 12:21:56 PM »
We hit a new top speed yesterday. 21.6 mph

https://imgur.com/a/wAUZJsG

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2021, 06:20:26 PM »
Congrats on the dog. Can’t really say how to stop the following everyone around other than the same suggestions already. Personally I don’t take my dog to the parks. I did learn a very important lesson about keeping your dog leashed when skating with them. I used to let him run with me off leash until one day the Sherrifs department was doing swat training and blew something up. He bolted for over 2 miles and I was pushing as fast as I could and no way could I catch him. Just glad it was in a bike path not near a road. Unexpected shit can happen so better to play it safe. How I take him on sessions:

For exercise:

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2021, 04:02:49 PM »
One of my worst slams was letting the dog pull me.  We used to cruise around a little pond in the neighborhood, usually after dark. We went out while it was still light, and I was terrified to see a huge pothole I’d miraculously avoided up to that point. The next time out after dark, I made sure to stay wide of it - too wide, it turns out. Hit a gravel driveway at speed and flew into someone’s lawn. Glasses flew off, knocked the wind out of myself and got a huge adrenaline jolt. Discovered the next morning I’d partially torn my rotator cuff. It’s amazing how hard you slam when the board stops dead but you’re still being pulled forward.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 04:35:00 AM by beandemon »

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2021, 06:50:39 PM »
Well over a decade ago I met up with my buddy at this great manual pad spot. It was covered had lights and was almost always bust free(workers club manny pad R.I.P). I got there before him and as it was raining and this was one of the few wet weather spots in town there was already 6 or 7 other dudes skating.
When my buddy arrived he had brought his dog with him. It was a super energetic sheep dog and it immediately was running laps around the carpark and barking, it would mostly follow my mate as he was skating but it was still in other people's way and it was pretty obvious they weren't stoked on it. After about 15mins a security guard came out and gave everyone the boot, as this was pretty rare for the spot dudes were asking what's up with it and the seco said "blame whoever brought the dog" . My mate didn't seem to even notice as he is an autistic unit but I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.
She was a lovely dog and I liked her and dogs in general for that matter but 15 years later I still cringe when I think about it.