Author Topic: Sony DSR-25 VCR tape deck door won't close?  (Read 625 times)

JacobFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Sony DSR-25 VCR tape deck door won't close?
« on: December 05, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »
I use a SONY DSR-25 VCR recorder (http://www.mvsvideo.com/equipment_sonydsr25p.htm) to upload mini DV tapes. I went to capture some tapes today and pressed the eject button to open the tape deck door and put the tape in. When the machine brought the tape into the tape deck, the door of the tape deck did not automatically close as it usually does. I pressed eject and it ejected the tape fine, and tried pressing the eject button to close the door once the tape was out but nothing happened. I can insert and eject the tape fine, but regardless if a tape is in or not the tape door does not close. I tried turning it off and unplugging the machine, and the door stays open. I am nervous about running the machine with the door stuck open, seems like a good way to get dust and stuff in the important parts. Seems like an issue with the door not the eject button since I can insert and eject tapes.

Anyone know how to get the tape deck door to close or troubleshoot this at all?

JIIN

Re: Sony DSR-25 VCR tape deck door won't close?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 01:03:00 AM »
This literally just happened with my DSR-45, came to search if there was any solutions..
What I ended up doing was very carefully (don't accidently hit nothing u aint supposed to) manually pulling it closed, then everything went back to normal.

JacobFF

Re: Sony DSR-25 VCR tape deck door won't close?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 08:34:45 AM »
Yo thank you so much! Worked just like you said.