Author Topic: Budget/Low Cost HD Camcorder  (Read 712 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Budget/Low Cost HD Camcorder
« on: November 24, 2021, 05:20:23 PM »
What do you guys suggest on an HD Camcorder thats less than $600. I dont want to carry around a heavy hvx or spend a crazy amount for it either.

Jordan Wiens

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
Re: Budget/Low Cost HD Camcorder
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 03:51:16 AM »
a Canon XA20 or newer
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

dipped

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 12:38:02 AM »
I‘m also looking for a more compact camcorder, so I didn‘t want to open up a new thread. I was thinking about either getting a sony ax700/ ax100 or a panasonic hmc40, since I could get that one for rather cheap. Unfortunately i can’t find much footage from the hmc40. If anybody could knows anything i would be thankful!

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 16
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 10:35:18 AM »
I would honestly just recommend getting an HVX. 

It's a really solid camera, and I found one on eBay right now for buy it now $425.00 with a battery and (2) 16GB P2 cards.

I looked at the HMC40, that could be a good option for something a bit more compact.  1080 60P and has a zoom rocker.  Doesn't look like you can take the lens hood off though, so no fisheye.

I know one of my friends uses the ax700 to film snowboarding as the "homie cam", that they toss around to friends.  I think it's a decent camera.

dipped

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 10:39:32 AM »
I would honestly just recommend getting an HVX. 

It's a really solid camera, and I found one on eBay right now for buy it now $425.00 with a battery and (2) 16GB P2 cards.

I looked at the HMC40, that could be a good option for something a bit more compact.  1080 60P and has a zoom rocker.  Doesn't look like you can take the lens hood off though, so no fisheye.

I know one of my friends uses the ax700 to film snowboarding as the "homie cam", that they toss around to friends.  I think it's a decent camera.

Thanks for the heads up! I went for the ax700 as i got a good deal on it and i’m really happy with it.