Author Topic: São Paulo  (Read 741 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
São Paulo
« on: November 27, 2021, 02:45:54 AM »
Any pals in São Paulo? I might visit in January so wondering how things are there at the moment and any tips for skating/bars/etc... shit to do?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
Re: São Paulo
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 02:34:05 AM »
Bumping this as it's on the list for 2022

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 11:48:22 AM »
Here now. Was gonna be here for 2 weeks, staying for 3 months now. Any q's, ask away.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 10:48:59 AM »
Any q's, ask away.

Have you skated on that skate island yet?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 07:45:03 PM »
Are you talking abou this spot?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPVPo9_IqM

I've been to Praca Roosevelt,Centro de esportes radicais - bom retiro ,Vale do anhangabau, and Parque do Ibirapuera. Parks wise, everything on this list: https://www.redbull.com/br-pt/skate-cinco-melhores-pistas-gratuitas-sao-paulo. Plus some shit I'm probably forgetting. There's this cool watermelon bowl I can't remember the exact name of.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 04:14:05 PM »
My bad. I thought is was an island outside of Sao Paulo but I think it's Florian󰯬is. It needs it's own thread

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 07:02:31 PM »
My bad. I thought is was an island outside of Sao Paulo but I think it's Florian󰯬is. It needs it's own thread

Ah, yeah, different thing. it's mentioned here: https://www.redbull.com/int-en/florianopolis-has-diy-backyard-spots-to-die-for

Pedro Barros'  actually has a bar in Sao Paulo with a dope bowl.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 12:46:41 AM »
Here now. Was gonna be here for 2 weeks, staying for 3 months now. Any q's, ask away.

How are you liking it vibe/culture wise? How difficult would it be to get by not knowing Portugese? I always try to learn basics before going somewhere new but have had wildly different experiences in attitudes towards foreigners

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 08:04:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How are you liking it vibe/culture wise? How difficult would it be to get by not knowing Portugese? I always try to learn basics before going somewhere new but have had wildly different experiences in attitudes towards foreigners

Vibe and culture wise it's absolutely amazing. Generally speaking, there's not too many tourists in SP. There's more tourism in Rio even though it's a bit more dangerous.

I've spent most of my time in SP so my experience is mostly coming from being here. People are extremely friendly and open. I was dog sitting for the first 2 weeks and seemed to exchange numbers with someone every other day while walking the dog. A lot of people do that thing where they say they want to make sure you have a good time in their country so they offer to show you around or tell you nice places to go.

Most people don't speak English here so there's definitely a language barrier. I feel like a lot of the people who do speak English here come from affluent families.

It's really diverse so you can be from any background and people will assume you're Brazilian until you say something.

People definitely aren't shy about showing some skin and are super open sexually. I've been out so many times where I just start chatting with someone then 15 minutes later they're inviting me back to their place haha.

So, yeah, I'm digging it. Being originally from the US but based in Germany these days this is much more my vibe. I'm loving all the smiles, hugs, and kisses on the cheek haha. SP in particular is just this huge massive city. But for me, I travel more for the culture/people and so far I have to say Brazilian people are great- super welcoming.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2022, 08:59:18 PM »
Wow, sounds like a welcome change. Thanks for sharing. Seems like a great place to meet people and be social.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 10:18:30 AM »
Just moved here so I figured I'd bump this to check again if any other pals are in São Paulo?