Author Topic: How does this REPutation thing works on this forum??  (Read 3696 times)

Trilogy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -230
How does this REPutation thing works on this forum??
« on: November 27, 2021, 12:13:54 PM »
I know I have bad rep on this forum, to be honest I dont really care, but I would like to know how this works and how can I give good or bad rep to other users.

Thanks!

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
Re: How does this REPutation thing works on this forum??
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »
It’s pretty easy, actually.

Anytime you see a post you like or dislike, you quote it and simply type “gnar” or “kook” respectively.

It wouldn’t actually get posted to the thread, the slap interface will recognize you are trying gnar/kook someone’s rep and adjust their rep accordingly.

I use this method all the time, works like a charm!

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

mushroom slice

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 12:34:59 PM »
Yo! I just came here for some kooks. Plz kook me. I’m trying to balance my numbers. Thanks in advance.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 11:13:26 PM »
Chem trails.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 10:18:06 AM »
It’s pretty easy, actually.

Anytime you see a post you like or dislike, you quote it and simply type “gnar” or “kook” respectively.

It wouldn’t actually get posted to the thread, the slap interface will recognize you are trying gnar/kook someone’s rep and adjust their rep accordingly.

I use this method all the time, works like a charm!

kook
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 10:19:20 AM »
Hey hold on a second.

That didn’t work at all
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Trilogy

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 12:05:15 PM »
Damn, you guys are soooooooooo funny....

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 12:38:40 PM »
You have to tell us if you would rather pee out a marble or poop out a softball then you’ll be able to gnar/kook other users.

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 02:58:25 PM »
softball, easily

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 03:38:45 PM »
it doesnt

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 10:55:40 PM »
Don’t listen to these bozos, they’re having you on for a lark.
The truth of the matter is your ability to kook/gnar others comes as a perk when you pay for the Platinum Level membership.
I’m going to guess that you’re still using the free SLAP service, and have not yet availed yourself of the many advantages that come along with enhanced (read: paid) membership.
Things like unlimited changes of your username, account lock-out protection, discounts at participating retailers/websites via special promo codes, all access status at Street League events (if that noise is your bag), your own key code to Thrasher’s Double Rock training facility should you ever be in SF (because SLAP is still operated by High Speed Productions), occasional free SLAP merchandise like hats, shirts, stickers, you even receive annual birthday greetings from mods/admin on your special day. There’s just too many perks to list.
It’s basically a whole ‘nother world as far as experience goes. Think of it as SLAP with the power meter revved all the way up, all of the time, so every move you make is a special move.
Last time I checked, user lk130 was still in charge of wrangling enhanced subscription packages; reach out via DM if you’re still interested in the whole kook/gnar thing, but really, that’s just the tip of the niceberg as far as benefits go.
Happy SLAPping, homey.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 11:50:43 PM »
I think you get the ability to gnar/kook when u get pal status; which sucks since it's based on a karma system.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 12:15:05 AM »
I think you get the ability to gnar/kook when u get pal status; which sucks since it's based on a karma system.

Wanna buy a 20-pack of positive karmas?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 12:20:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would use my Platinum membership to gnar you right now, but I dare not fuck with a rep so perfect.
Instead, please accept my compliments.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 12:23:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I would use my Platinum membership to gnar you right now, but I dare not fuck with a rep so perfect.
Instead, please accept my compliments.

My dude!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 01:06:13 AM »
Write “slap pals” on your ball sack and upload a pic, that will get you many instant gnars!
(Actually a true story)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 01:17:03 AM »
Write “slap pals” on your ball sack and upload a pic, that will get you many instant gnars!
(Actually a true story)

Back in the old Wild West days of Slap...

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 01:36:35 AM »
Yo! I just came here for some kooks. Plz kook me. I’m trying to balance my numbers. Thanks in advance.

Suck it!

Gnarred!

Trilogy

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 01:42:39 AM »
you guys have a lot of free time, you should re-avaluate your priorities.

I am glad my stupid thread gave you guys so much fun...

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 02:07:38 AM »

Having free time IS a priority of mine. Don't make me hurt your rep

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2021, 02:18:03 AM »

When you beast mode at work, you're done before lunch, the rest is just lurkin.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2021, 06:00:11 AM »
Expand Quote
(Actually a true story)
[close]

Was that not when someone claimed to have a pre-premier rip of fully flared and said they would share the link with anyone who posted a pic of their balls with 'slap pals' written on them.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Fhk

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2021, 06:25:46 AM »

You're probably right. Just not going to do it today.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2021, 06:27:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
(Actually a true story)
[close]

[close]

Was that not when someone claimed to have a pre-premier rip of fully flared and said they would share the link with anyone who posted a pic of their balls with 'slap pals' written on them.

Think so... Or he just wanted to post his balls ..

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2021, 02:16:30 AM »
I know I have bad rep on this forum, to be honest I dont really care, but I would like to know how this works and how can I give good or bad rep to other users.

Thanks!

1000 posts and you're a Pal. Then you can kook/gnar people, which is quite honestly the most blatant form of gatekeeping I've seen in skateboarding. It's literally the same as putting a "kick me" note on someone's back in junior high school. An anonymous diss.
At that point the Temp/Gnar section of the forum also opens up to you, which is mostly more of the same, but with 3 times the "post your skating" threads, and one thread where Pals do weekly Zoom chats talking shit on the rest of you/us. They're all Fight Club about speaking of Temp/Gnar, so I'll be interested to see if this post even exists tomorrow.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2021, 03:08:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

1000 posts and you're a Pal. Then you can kook/gnar people, which is quite honestly the most blatant form of gatekeeping I've seen in skateboarding. It's literally the same as putting a "kick me" note on someone's back in junior high school. An anonymous diss.
At that point the Temp/Gnar section of the forum also opens up to you, which is mostly more of the same, but with 3 times the "post your skating" threads, and one thread where Pals do weekly Zoom chats talking shit on the rest of you/us. They're all Fight Club about speaking of Temp/Gnar, so I'll be interested to see if this post even exists tomorrow.

Hope the Department of Homeland Security is on this.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2021, 03:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

Lol dude your toast

Bet yeah I agree
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2021, 05:23:51 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

The Stonecutters of SLAP
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2021, 05:32:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

[close]
The Stonecutters of SLAP

Fhk

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2021, 05:42:51 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

3 of them you say? Is the level of skating better than the "post your skating" thread for common folk? I sure would hope so for all that shit talking they do!