Author Topic: Literal absolute worst parts in a skate video?  (Read 14280 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Literal absolute worst parts in a skate video?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2021, 10:28:02 AM »
A buddy and I were going through skate vids we used to watch as kids in early 2000s... we got to label kills which I fondly remember as the video with Jason Adams that introduced me to the world of slappies. Then we skipped around and watched Mike V's part... bro are you serious. Its literally 3 minutes of him pushing as hard as he can LMFAO. That's quite literally the entirety of the part, he does maybe like one or two ollies and the rest is just him hauling ass in the middle of random streets.
We rewound it and watched it again and watched in disbelief, pretty sure I was in tears laughing at the end of it.

Hard to believe that it even qualifies as a part... but there it is. Unbelievable. Any other parts to match this in terms of pure minimal effort?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=259GLf7NDmM
I really cannot stand this part in particular this dude’s face and tough guy persona, it annoys the piss out of me.
Dueces Bitch's

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2021, 10:34:33 AM »
Remember the challenge in the first Skate video game where you had to stay within a certain distance of the skater you were following as they hauled ass through the streets? The guy who filmed this Mike V part was doing that challenge IRL.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2021, 10:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That Mike V part is definitely the one. But as this part goes on, with each following trick you think "he wouldn't dare doing another pop-shuvit based trick" and they just keep on coming

http://youtu.be/vkyw3YPnnDI
[close]

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he was hurt and this was all he could do while trying to recover
[close]

Better to not put out the part if it's going to suck

He's talked about it before.  He tore his Achilles tendon and couldn't flick his normal stance foot so he relied on pop shuv its.

also, apparently, he asked if they could just push him to the next video so he could keep filming and actually have the part he wanted and they said no.

i still like this part.  couple of those manny tricks are still crazy

assvogel

• Rep: 195
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2021, 11:04:42 AM »
I honestly think that Mike V. part is the smartest part he could have done. It's a pretty funny part but served it's purpose.

Like he was already considered a legacy pro, coming from a era where the average skate career definitely didn't last 15 years. There were a new guard of skaters who had never seen Powell-Peralta vids, Rubbish heap nor the New Deal videos and he couldn't skate at the same level as his peers injured or not.

But having that gimmick part in Label Kills definitely set him apart from many Johnny Whatshisnames and the video (a bit surprisingly) becoming one of the biggest skate videos of early 2000's extended his career by bringing up his name up to a lot of kids who had no idea about 1281 or what ever. He became the dude who had "that" part in Label Kills and people still remember it.

I think the same happened to Hensley (but in a more positive light maybe), where kids who hadn't seen Hokus Pokus, saw his part in Label Kills and put 2 and 2 together that this dude might be awesome because he has a part in this too. At least it happened to me.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2021, 12:25:00 PM »
Regardless of if you’re hating on Carlos for that part or not, definitely check out this older part of his if you haven’t seen it. Dude is in his late 40s now and is the realest.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NaZH9Om-PkY

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2021, 12:48:33 PM »
I honestly think that Mike V. part is the smartest part he could have done. It's a pretty funny part but served it's purpose.

Like he was already considered a legacy pro, coming from a era where the average skate career definitely didn't last 15 years. There were a new guard of skaters who had never seen Powell-Peralta vids, Rubbish heap nor the New Deal videos and he couldn't skate at the same level as his peers injured or not.

But having that gimmick part in Label Kills definitely set him apart from many Johnny Whatshisnames and the video (a bit surprisingly) becoming one of the biggest skate videos of early 2000's extended his career by bringing up his name up to a lot of kids who had no idea about 1281 or what ever. He became the dude who had "that" part in Label Kills and people still remember it.

I think the same happened to Hensley (but in a more positive light maybe), where kids who hadn't seen Hokus Pokus, saw his part in Label Kills and put 2 and 2 together that this dude might be awesome because he has a part in this too. At least it happened to me.

Fair point.  Matt Hensley’s part was sick though.  I just rewatched it and in a weird way it kind of foreshadowed the type of curb and fun smaller transition skating that we’ve (re)learned to appreciate today.  It wasn’t an aggressive display of corniness like Michael V’s. 

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 01:07:07 PM »
Expand Quote
one that me and one of my friends always give shit is josh kasper in trilogy
[close]
Said this in another thread but I feel like the OG version of his part (with 99 Luftballoons) has been eradicated from the whole ass internet.
theres a rip of the part on dailymotion
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yi8m5

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -198
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2021, 01:53:20 PM »
That Mike V part is definitely the one. But as this part goes on, with each following trick you think "he wouldn't dare doing another pop-shuvit based trick" and they just keep on coming

Loved this Parr cause it was one of only a handful of videos I ever had growing up

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2021, 02:04:35 PM »

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 241
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2021, 02:08:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he was hurt and this was all he could do while trying to recover
[close]

[close]

He's talked about it before.  He tore his Achilles tendon and couldn't flick his normal stance foot so he relied on pop shuv its.

also, apparently, he asked if they could just push him to the next video so he could keep filming and actually have the part he wanted and they said no.

more accurate representation of his skill
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVa72qGgY0g

somefucker

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2021, 07:08:53 PM »
literally any part of a video with more than 10-ish seconds of weak bails, smoking, drinking, partying. shit is so played out and as formulaic as a film burn transition.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2021, 07:22:20 PM »

I'm with this guy. The Mike V part didn't ever bother me that much - maybe if it wasn't in Label Kills I would hate it, but Label Kills is an ultra classic video to me so maybe I'm giving it a pass based on context and being carried by the rest of the video. I always loved the Hensley part, that sunny side of the street song always pops into my head.

Also, when I was younger I loved doing that thing Mike V does where he pushes the board out in front of him and it slides a 360 with him running behind and then jumps on.

Definitely not a great part, but it never really bothered me - watching that whole video is a pleasure.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2021, 07:30:04 PM »
there's a story around that Mike V part though: he was coming off a broken ankle no and was supposed to saw his cast off in the intro? I also thought it was quite punk to put that out at a time when everything was so focused around bangers and literally had no flow whatsoever; just push, hand rail banger, roll onto the grass!

Mt Baldy gap ollie is also extremely fucked (and historical), I think he recently spoke about it on the nine club. You guys love to hate Mike V as much as you worship Gino's push though so I doubt that would change anyone's mind...

I often reference the video I'm going to post below when similar topics pop up, but to this day I can't actually believe how low the quality of skating is in it:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22qj4y

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2021, 07:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
one that me and one of my friends always give shit is josh kasper in trilogy
[close]
Said this in another thread but I feel like the OG version of his part (with 99 Luftballoons) has been eradicated from the whole ass internet.
[close]
theres a rip of the part on dailymotion
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yi8m5
Oh shit, thanks.  It's cool to see it with the audio again but damn it doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the video.

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -28
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2021, 07:41:06 PM »
Sinner - Theatrix

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2021, 07:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote

Idk…have you guys seen Roger Mancha in City Stars - Street Cinema?

Roger Mancha Push > Ginos push
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

conqueso

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2021, 08:08:11 PM »
the mike v part

matta

• Rep: 26
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2021, 09:39:48 PM »
This dude obviously got buck but always thought there was some seriously hideous footage in this part, the ledge lines especially:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijjiXOydhUc

Porkchop Express

• Rep: 0
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2021, 01:41:05 AM »
A buddy and I were going through skate vids we used to watch as kids in early 2000s... we got to label kills which I fondly remember as the video with Jason Adams that introduced me to the world of slappies. Then we skipped around and watched Mike V's part... bro are you serious. Its literally 3 minutes of him pushing as hard as he can LMFAO. That's quite literally the entirety of the part, he does maybe like one or two ollies and the rest is just him hauling ass in the middle of random streets.
We rewound it and watched it again and watched in disbelief, pretty sure I was in tears laughing at the end of it.

Hard to believe that it even qualifies as a part... but there it is. Unbelievable. Any other parts to match this in terms of pure minimal effort?

Hey how can you slander a cariuma skate legend like that.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2021, 02:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the info. I kinda remember him talking about on the nine club but couldn't remember the details

#SaveIpath

• Rep: -2
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2021, 06:28:21 AM »
Berra in Mindfield is a soul-killer.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2021, 06:35:24 AM »
To be fair he does a backflip (Miller flip) in a full pipe and ollies the huge flat gap at baldy. And does a hand plant on a handrail.
I vote for Southie.

Southie's part used to anger me. Dude acting tough , not great skating and that stupid fucking hat.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2021, 06:38:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That was hilarious, the aggressive pushing and then cutting to more aggressive pushing had me dying.

Started like "rawr"
then upgraded to "RaWr"
then reached its final form "xXx_RaWr_xXx"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2021, 06:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

It sucks that that happened, but he kinda always relied on shuvs.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2021, 07:31:41 AM »
carlos ruiz getting a  pass here, even though in retrospect it wasnt his fault.

rick jaramillo's profile in 411

josh harmony ride the sky

tony cerventes anything.  sorry dude you seem cool but i hate your stuff
where is home?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2021, 07:58:56 AM »
Gareth in That's Life exclusively for this little number.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2021, 08:17:36 AM »
Gareth in That's Life exclusively for this little number.

That .gif put a genuine frown on my face.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2021, 09:30:27 AM »
Borra in mind field > Drydick in mind field
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

foureyedjim

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2021, 10:16:48 AM »
The worst thing about that Mike V part wasn’t even the skating.  It was the posturing and the brooding in the intro looking like he’s about to go into battle against the jocks.

prettymatty

• Rep: -7
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »
I tired to come at this with an open mind like "maybe its an artistic choice" or whatever but holy shit this part stinks. It's edited like a back to school ad for a store in the mall. The shots of him just pushing that get sped up only to amount to nothing?? The shots of him walking in the tunnel??