Author Topic: Why are my new (right out of the box) Bones Bushings squeaking when I turn  (Read 1193 times)

FanOf_Bones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Hi community, I just put some Bones hardcore medium bushings in my venture trucks, and I am a bit concerned about a squeaking noise coming from the bushings. This is the first time I have ever used bones hardcore, so im wondering if this is a normal thing and i just need to break them in?

ish_wav

• Rep: 96
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
They’re going to catch on fire. Throw them out.

Jowiththeflow

• Rep: 18
The ones I had where quiet.
Where your trucks squeaking with the stock bushings, also? If so it could be the pivot cups.
No worries, though. It's just a noise*!

*(but a very annoying one) :D

Fhk

@FanOf_Bones you should be a @FanOf_Indy bushings and your problems will be solved.

Jowiththeflow

• Rep: 18
Hi community, I just put some Bones hardcore medium bushings in my venture trucks, and I am a bit concerned about a squeaking noise coming from the bushings. This is the first time I have ever used bones hardcore, so im wondering if this is a normal thing and i just need to break them in?

Oh sorry, I read over the brand. What are you doing :o turn?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

As said, it could be the pivot cups.

Take one truck apart and sit the hanger back on the kingpin with it mounted in the correct position, then push on it with a bit of side to side motion, similar to when you turn.  If it is still squeaking in the same way, your pivot cup could do with a touch of lube or something similar.  Putting wax on the pivot point of the hanger should also stop the squeaking, so rub the wax on it and jam it back in and move it around a bit to see if it works, before putting the bushings back in as per normal.

Some people leave the metal washers on top and bottom, others leave them all off, some just use the flat washer on top as per the Bones bushing packaging - choice is yours depending on how you want the trucks to perform, how tight or loose and all that.  Having the metal washers on the bottom will also help with the truck angle, but might cause the hanger to sit too high at first too, but the bushings do compress some as they wear in.

If the noise is more so from the bushings rubbing on the hanger, just put a little lube or wax on the places that are in contact and that should stop all the noises.

I think that is about it, but there are a number of options, depending on what is making the noise or how much noise it is making.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 987
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
It might not be the pivot cup that
Expand Quote
[close]

If the noise is more so from the bushings rubbing on the hanger, just put a little lube or wax on the places that are in contact and that should stop all the noises.

This always fixes it for me. A bit of lube/wax on where the bushings touch the hanger is on point (I find it's usually the boardside bushing - bottom- that's the culprit).