Author Topic: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part  (Read 15354 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part
« Reply #240 on: December 03, 2021, 04:09:31 PM »
Nollie 270 lip 100%
The people calling this a board slide are the same people that said foys front blunt back 180 nose blunt was a back 180 nose slide.

Also the guy who said we should call smith grinds Losi or nolder grinds.
You realize people do call smiths Monty grinds right? Like yeah it’s more of an old head thing but it’s not unheard of
And you realize there already is a losi grind? So why would we call a smith a losi
Just real quick
Called it nollie cab board but accepted it could be nollie cab SWITCH back lip. (And of course nollie 270 if you prefer)
You kinda have your idea backwards the reason it's front board is the same reason foys thing was blunt to nose blunt NOT blunt to nose slide. Cos he rolled up to it frontside etc (it's already been calmly explained several times)
Yes I know the Monty and Losi grinds usage thing. That was seperate discussion about how peoples names on tricks are inconsistent. Didn't actually say anything SHOULD be called anything just in theory it could be.

Also it's all just some fun banter.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 04:34:42 PM by Mean salto »

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2021, 04:26:49 PM »
You dont call a front 180 nosegrind a front 180 switch 5-0. You dont call a fakie nosegrind a fakie ollie switch 5-0. so why switch back lip?
well as a matter of fact.....

what is wrong with you

• Rep: 10
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »
nollie fs 270 front board, part was alright, not soty

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2021, 05:10:47 PM »
In response to someone saying let’s ask the snowboarders, we’d call that a nolie fs 270 on. That’s it, avoid saying lip/board or whatever cause it just makes the trick name needlessly longer if ur doing a 270 everyone obviously knows ur landing in the middle of the board on the rail hubba etc. Also bring back would be added on to the end of the person pulls it back instead of completing the full 360 rotation

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2021, 05:15:23 PM »
front board. how the fuck is it a switch back lip? He didnt approach the trick switch. He approached it regular (goofy) and popped nollie. It's only called switch when you pop switch. That's it.
okay but with that mentality that makes the first trick not a nollie bs 180 to sw smith... so what is it?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2021, 05:47:29 PM »
^ I love how people have reached a level where the traditional trick naming system starts to break down. Shows how fucked things have become.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2021, 05:49:57 PM »
no one would say cab boardslide if it was fakie, it would be a cab back lip

you're just saying nollie 270 lipslide because it's the same thing but starting nollie, the switch lipslide is implied because the nollie follows the distributive property (like your factoring a quadratic equation)

science

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2021, 05:58:55 PM »
Expand Quote
front board. how the fuck is it a switch back lip? He didnt approach the trick switch. He approached it regular (goofy) and popped nollie. It's only called switch when you pop switch. That's it.
[close]
okay but with that mentality that makes the first trick not a nollie bs 180 to sw smith... so what is it?
Nollie 180 fakie willy/ backside nollie dildo grind

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2021, 06:02:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Nollie 180 fakie willy/ backside nollie dildo grind
okay let’s just stop... so a 180 sw crook is a 180 reverse suski? stop. just stop.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2021, 06:16:15 PM »
It would only be switch back lip if you consider nollie cab a switch cab... This debate is stupid and also funny

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Brown 2
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2021, 06:17:09 PM »
Nolie cab back lip

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2021, 06:18:27 PM »
William H. Christ.... to be a back lip you would need to be coming at the rail from the other side, like a normal back lip without spinning. He's goofy

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2021, 06:24:44 PM »
Gino back lip?

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Brown 2
« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2021, 06:39:22 PM »
The back lip part comes from when people do these tricks they think of it as a 180 then a back lip n same goes for when cab front board is done it’s a half cab then a front board, that’s what Chris cole said on sls one time

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2021, 06:57:22 PM »
For the record PALS, not trying to start fights and talk shit. But rather, healthy, friendly, aggressive SLAP debate. all in good fun...for now.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2021, 07:15:59 PM »
So what the fuck do snowboarders call that trick then since they do this type of grinds all the time (presuming they set the bindings like nollie)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2021, 07:22:19 PM »
So what the fuck do snowboarders call that trick then since they do this type of grinds all the time (presuming they set the bindings like nollie)
Do snowboarders count nollies? I'd just call it alley oop to boardslide if my feet were strapped in 

bigolboii

• Rep: -11
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2021, 08:25:04 PM »
It's a front board by the standard skateboarding nomenclature... I do get the confusion though. Redefining a lipslide to any boardslide where the popped truck goes over the rail is the only solution and would make a lot of sense

barbara2

• Rep: -9
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2021, 08:48:10 PM »
If you're gonna call it a lipslide you have to call it a switch lipslide.

You can blow your friends. You can blow your nose. But you can't blow your friends' nose.

I’m sorry but I could easily blow my friends nose either sexually or literally with coordination

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2021, 09:46:24 PM »
Expand Quote
If you're gonna call it a lipslide you have to call it a switch lipslide.

You can blow your friends. You can blow your nose. But you can't blow your friends' nose.
[close]

I’m sorry but I could easily blow my friends nose either sexually or literally with coordination

You can't push your friends' snot out of their nose with air. FAX

edit: Gino could tho

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2021, 10:26:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do snowboarders count nollies? I'd just call it alley oop to boardslide if my feet were strapped in

Though I don’t really understand it myself, they do call things out as “cab”. I think it means switch frontside. I’m not 100 on it though. I think they got some other shit like toe or heel edge too that wouldn’t pertain to skateboarding.

I think skiers use “cab” too and I have no clue how that works.

Same with unicyclers.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2021, 11:19:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Though I don’t really understand it myself, they do call things out as “cab”. I think it means switch frontside. I’m not 100 on it though. I think they got some other shit like toe or heel edge too that wouldn’t pertain to skateboarding.

I think skiers use “cab” too and I have no clue how that works.

Same with unicyclers.

My other "sports" knowledge probably comes from unreliable sources but I think they all just have normal and fakie(no real switch/nollie) And any spin going fakie is cab

Donatello

• Rep: 2
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2021, 03:20:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fucking hilarious reading some of the reactions on here. "Song sucks" who the fuck cares? People have different tastes. Yuto can like what he likes. "No emotion" "his skating does nothing for me" LMAO get a fucking life, Yuto's skill, style and trick selection are all elite.  This is what top tier street skating looks like in 2021.  Nobody gives a fuck that it didn't make you cry or whatever AA does to you.

That said as dope as this was I think as a whole I prefer his vx part from earlier this year.
[close]

"Top Tier?" What even is skateboarding in 2021? haha... man... The day skateboarding stops involving personality, approach, subjectivity, taste and opinion and becomes more about set-prices, "tiers" and robotic routines, is the day its done... I care.
[close]

Top tier? Is that a foreign concept to you?l? The idea that skaters can be better or worse than each other? Maybe Andy Shrock nosesliding a tiny ledge is more "relatable" to you. Stick to remive and braille imo.

I'm sorry yutos part didn't make you bawl your eyes out because he didn't slam enough or didn't have a dadbod or dorky clothes. Personality, am I right?

Sarcasm aside, how the fuck is this japanese kid Yuto Horigome the most divisive skater Slap has ever seen?
[close]

Round and round we could go but really its  b/c skateboarding has a tradition of being subjective and harshly judgmental from the days of Hawk Vs Hosoi. A lot of people were more interested in Hosoi doing an overhead backside air than Hawk doing a Madonna revert. Right or wrong it was because of style and personality. a lot of what attracted them to skateboarding in the first place. I know skateboarding is moving closer to points, rules, objectivity and so on but it will never fully be without irrational harsh critics like myself.

Just being honest but Yuto's part did not make me want to skate... maybe that's what it boils down to... relatability. it is a big factor in inspiration for many...

Someone like Joey O'Brien and his Untitled part, for instance, just fucking oozed personality and inspiration and got me amped to get out there.

You're not being critical you're being anal. Loosen the fuck up and enjoy amazing skating for what it is.

Trilogy

• Rep: -257
« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2021, 06:12:44 AM »
Yuto deserves to win SOTY.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2021, 06:31:39 AM »
This part was sick. I like yuto. He can really do it all switch shove the gap then hill bomb clip is so sick.

As far nollie cab debate - I don’t care what sad grandpa said in his 1000 hour long pod cast they will always be nollie cabs to me.

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #265 on: December 04, 2021, 07:01:02 AM »
The last trick is one for the books. Mask on during a Future song is a hard look.

Definitely a lot of really nice kits but...mostly a filler part...call me crazy. I just know that dude has a lot more to offer.

The video seemed like an attempt at a SOTY grab. However...I may need to revisit again.

somefucker

« Reply #266 on: December 04, 2021, 08:37:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

snowboarders have dainty names like nose press butter with a side of bacon and eggs to fakie

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #267 on: December 04, 2021, 08:41:56 AM »

Trilogy

• Rep: -257
« Reply #268 on: December 04, 2021, 09:18:23 AM »
The last trick is one for the books. Mask on during a Future song is a hard look.

Definitely a lot of really nice kits but...mostly a filler part...call me crazy. I just know that dude has a lot more to offer.

The video seemed like an attempt at a SOTY grab. However...I may need to revisit again.

yeah, kinda, I agree with this.

His part before this one was much more mindblowin and it had much more insane tricks in my opinion.

but yeah, last trick is for the books.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 09:42:39 AM by Trilogy »

Harrison's Fjord

• Rep: 7
« Reply #269 on: December 04, 2021, 04:14:16 PM »
It's a front board by the standard skateboarding nomenclature... I do get the confusion though. Redefining a lipslide to any boardslide where the popped truck goes over the rail is the only solution and would make a lot of sense

Wrong. By this logic a nollie fs board is not a nollie fs board. I think people are resistant to calling it a nollies 270 fs board (which it is ) in part because they think bs lips are always harder than fs boards, which they are not (nollie bs lip is much easier than nollie fs board. It's a nollie 270 fs board.