Author Topic: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part  (Read 15437 times)

foureyedjim

Re: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2021, 04:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
It's a front board by the standard skateboarding nomenclature... I do get the confusion though. Redefining a lipslide to any boardslide where the popped truck goes over the rail is the only solution and would make a lot of sense
[close]

Wrong. By this logic a nollie fs board is not a nollie fs board. I think people are resistant to calling it a nollies 270 fs board (which it is ) in part because they think bs lips are always harder than fs boards, which they are not (nollie bs lip is much easier than nollie fs board. It's a nollie 270 fs board.

It’s pretty insane how skateboarders can’t follow simple rules after how many years?  If the back truck doesn’t go over the obstacle it can’t be a lipslide.  It’s the same thing with fakie tailslides.  The one where you face the obstacle frontside, some people always wanna call it fakie backside tailslide, completely ignoring the point of the fs/bs naming scheme (where the obstacle is in relation to you before you pop the trick).

There are weird exceptions like fakie crooks (nobody is going to call a fakie fs crook a fakie fs suski) but this is not one of those situations.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2021, 05:21:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's a front board by the standard skateboarding nomenclature... I do get the confusion though. Redefining a lipslide to any boardslide where the popped truck goes over the rail is the only solution and would make a lot of sense
[close]

Wrong. By this logic a nollie fs board is not a nollie fs board. I think people are resistant to calling it a nollies 270 fs board (which it is ) in part because they think bs lips are always harder than fs boards, which they are not (nollie bs lip is much easier than nollie fs board. It's a nollie 270 fs board.
[close]

It’s pretty insane how skateboarders can’t follow simple rules after how many years?  If the back truck doesn’t go over the obstacle it can’t be a lipslide.  It’s the same thing with fakie tailslides.  The one where you face the obstacle frontside, some people always wanna call it fakie backside tailslide, completely ignoring the point of the fs/bs naming scheme (where the obstacle is in relation to you before you pop the trick).

There are weird exceptions like fakie crooks (nobody is going to call a fakie fs crook a fakie fs suski) but this is not one of those situations.

Fuck here we go.
That IS a fakie back tail. It's reversed when fakie. Because it's a fakie Ollie.....to regular back tail. It's how it's been since the 80s when you could only do tricks regs or come at it fakie. They'd just say fakie to whatever the regular slide was as if you had regular Ollied in.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #272 on: December 04, 2021, 06:28:55 PM »
What every one of you nerds has not realised is that he did a 270 into the slide, so at some point each of his trucks has gone over the rail so in fact it is a boardslide AND a lipslide. At the same time.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #273 on: December 04, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
What every one of you nerds has not realised is that he did a 270 into the slide, so at some point each of his trucks has gone over the rail so in fact it is a boardslide AND a lipslide. At the same time.

If he did a nollie 270 front noseslide, would you call it a switch back tail? No

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2021, 06:47:59 PM »
that's what literally everyone has ever called the trick gino did

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2021, 06:56:44 PM »

oof... touche... Don't think it should be called that still.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: December 04, 2021, 06:59:25 PM »

Until very recently I have only heard people call the Gino trick a nollie cab noseslide (the mirror of a cab back tail)
It doesn't bother me if people say switch back tail or for yuto switch back lip. they just should clarify switch lip instead of just lip. (Altho the difference between nolliecab back tail and nollie cab switch back tail is pretty much impossible to confuse)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #277 on: December 04, 2021, 08:09:57 PM »
Perhaps this is an opportunity to nollie beyond a 180 into a grind or a slide a Yuto....that'll lay to rest a lot of this....

Most people haven't looked at a caption for ten years now so it's no surprise we can't agree on the name of a trick....maybe the new video games coming out mght help clarify things....

foureyedjim

« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2021, 08:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck here we go.
That IS a fakie back tail. It's reversed when fakie. Because it's a fakie Ollie.....to regular back tail. It's how it's been since the 80s when you could only do tricks regs or come at it fakie. They'd just say fakie to whatever the regular slide was as if you had regular Ollied in.

You know what, that’s a better explanation than anyone has ever given me so I’ll just take it….

Edit: the same rules for fakie you describe doesn’t explain fakie 5-0 and fakie nosegrinds, but this point nobody will agree with each other so doesn’t matter, just gonna leave this here…
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 10:52:54 PM by foureyedjim »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2021, 11:17:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck here we go.
[close]

You know what, that’s a better explanation than anyone has ever given me so I’ll just take it….

Edit: the same rules for fakie you describe doesn’t explain fakie 5-0 and fakie nosegrinds, but this point nobody will agree with each other so doesn’t matter, just gonna leave this here…

Haha Yes it's true it's not consistent. That's the slide rule (it's fakie Ollie .....to whatever regular slide) then the grind rule is it's a fakie version of whatever grind (fakie just meaning going in reverse)so  it's not a fakie Ollie to regular nosegrind it's literally a "fakie nosegrind".
I think of it like Skateboarding is a religion not a science. The elders made the rules up some don't make total sense but we just have to have faith and go along with it.

foureyedjim

« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2021, 11:21:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck here we go.
[close]

[close]

Haha Yes it's true it's not consistent. That's the slide rule (it's fakie Ollie .....to whatever regular slide) then the grind rule is it's a fakie version of whatever grind (fakie just meaning going in reverse)so  it's not a fakie Ollie to regular nosegrind it's literally a "fakie nosegrind".
I think of it like Skateboarding is a religion not a science. The elders made the rules up some don't make total sense but we just have to have faith and go along with it.

I am ok with this explanation, thank you.  This was a nice civil conversation.  Have a good night sir.

barbara2

• Rep: -9
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2021, 12:13:33 AM »
Soty this, soty that. I’m just glad that he’s having fun on his board, that’s what really counts.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2021, 12:58:50 AM »
Soty this, soty that. I’m just glad that he’s having fun on his board, that’s what really counts.

And I'm having fun on this board and THAT is what really counts.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2021, 01:59:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck here we go.

I really want your guys opinion on the marc suciu front board/back lip debate in the front board on ledges appreciation thread.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2021, 08:44:16 AM »
I wonder how a intelectual guy who read the best books and seems like a cool guy, would want win this shit so fuckin hard.

Sartre won the Nobel Prize in Literature he just ignored it.

Do the same, Mark.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #285 on: December 06, 2021, 02:39:23 AM »
did he grow or something?  everything in the part was pretty gangster.

he's just naturally a lot gnarlier than most of the others.  it escapes me usually because of his ease.  but everything was destroyed and he seems to outgrowing his ronson phase.  also his drip
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:23:01 AM by NowhereInLife »

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #286 on: December 06, 2021, 03:42:03 AM »
outgrowing his ronsoon phase phhhh In what like 5 month since you hated on him for nothing? for skating 18 stair handrails  like a curb? you sir are an idiot. he never faked his style. he does it like anyone else and it looks fucking fantastic.

if yuto doesn't win he will win another year. hes my soty this year.

Anyone pointed out that chima tries so hard to be next gen Andrew Reynolds?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 04:55:28 AM by somesortofspin »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: December 06, 2021, 04:02:09 AM »
outgrowing his monsoon phase phhhh In what like 5 month since you hated on him for nothing? for skating 18 stair handrails  like a curb? you sir are an idiot. he never faked his style. he does it like anyone else and it looks fucking fantastic.

Annone pointed out that chime tries so hard to be next gen andre Reynolds?
Ok fuck it I'm bored I'll bite.
How is what Chima does trying so hard to be the next Andrew Reynolds instead of just the natural progression of what he has been doing for the last almost 20 years?

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #288 on: December 06, 2021, 04:53:38 AM »
Expand Quote
outgrowing his monsoon phase phhhh In what like 5 month since you hated on him for nothing? for skating 18 stair handrails  like a curb? you sir are an idiot. he never faked his style. he does it like anyone else and it looks fucking fantastic.

[close]
How is what Chima does trying so hard to be the next Andrew Reynolds instead of just the natural progression of what he has been doing for the last almost 20 years?

look at the soty picture
look how he does a jump from his porch as if he was reynolds doing a fs flip in the birdhouse vid
he wants to be the standard god like Andrew

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #289 on: December 06, 2021, 07:58:06 AM »
Completely forgot about yuto when talking about SOTY. Just give it to him.

Is winning an Olympic gold metal anti-hellride? Maybe it’s hurting more than it’s helping. Also, do you think he gets more leeway at spots from cops and security guards if he flashes his gold medal?

Was hoping for a clip while wearing said medal.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #290 on: December 06, 2021, 08:19:50 AM »
No security guard is going to risk their job because some random kid has a medal from an event they don’t give a fuck about.

Random aside- a young Cassius Clay wore his medal to a restaurant thinking he could sit at the normal counter and was asked not to because he was Black so he threw his medal in a river.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #291 on: December 06, 2021, 08:51:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

look at the soty picture
look how he does a jump from his porch as if he was reynolds doing a fs flip in the birdhouse vid
he wants to be the standard god like Andrew

when i watched his part i was thinking that it seemed like he was approaching his parts like reynolds. not a bad thing to me but i find marc and yutos stuff more interesting at this point.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2022, 06:17:32 PM »
i tried swapping the music to this jpegmafia song. i found some of the raw clips on instagram and ripped the audio.  the transitions are real rough and trying to get everything to fit on beat is rough. but here’s a lil draft

sorry for the low quality. streamed it on obs to skip around