Author Topic: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part  (Read 16214 times)

Donatello

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2021, 10:40:25 PM »
Fucking hilarious reading some of the reactions on here. "Song sucks" who the fuck cares? People have different tastes. Yuto can like what he likes. "No emotion" "his skating does nothing for me" LMAO get a fucking life, Yuto's skill, style and trick selection are all elite.  This is what top tier street skating looks like in 2021.  Nobody gives a fuck that it didn't make you cry or whatever AA does to you.

That said as dope as this was I think as a whole I prefer his vx part from earlier this year. 

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2021, 10:47:18 PM »
they hate the song because their strict white parents wouldn't allow them to listen to this type of music let alone have fun to it when it comes on somewhere else. daddy's about to hit you with his belt again guys.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2021, 10:55:19 PM »
thread's crackin me up
:) I must have been tripping last night

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2021, 11:15:09 PM »
You know Burnett’s gonna make a balaclava for the trophy to wear

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2021, 11:43:52 PM »
they hate the song because their strict white parents wouldn't allow them to listen to this type of music let alone have fun to it when it comes on somewhere else. daddy's about to hit you with his belt again guys.

Lol are you saying that people not liking the music is a race issue ? Lol

I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find people on here that don't adore skating with 90s east coast hip hop.

Their white daddy's must have been fine with that music though.....
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2021, 11:55:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find people on here that don't adore skating with 90s east coast hip hop.

true but I wonder why would you HAVE to mute a song to even finish a 3 min part? thats crazy to me. "reminiscing over some better old days" that were never actually there. they love 90s rap music and want it in their videos because of skate videos that had 90s rap music in it not because they were actual fans of the music first. you dont like baggy pants and puffy shoes because of the designers or rap music in that era. you like it because of people like josh kalis in the dc video.
there are barley any Griselda records skate edits but always the same old wu tang or gangstarr ones. 
while I know that a lot of old heads dont like trap drums or the message they are promoting.. I think its not as cringe as a alternative folk or soul song that you've never enjoyed before skate edits.
it might be the stiff drums that have some electronic music influence and the epicness it creates while some guy mumbles some ignorant lyrics into the mic. but its fun and not to take literal all the time. I dont listen to future while I clean my gun.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 12:05:59 AM by somesortofspin »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2021, 12:47:02 AM »
that was sick. dude clearly is incredible on a board, he can do everything.
my additional take away point is: too much zoom/emphasis on the dunks.
come on, this is a spitfire WHEELS part, show us some fucking WHEELS.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2021, 01:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Should’ve used I serve the base. Would’ve made it unfuckwithable
[close]

Would've upped the hype for sure.

Dudes are acting like he picked the most offensively abrasive Soundcloud underground mumble trap of all time. Its just a generic Future song; sounds like something that could've been put over a middle part of some full-length in 2011. Fred Gall SOTY but this part might've convinced me that Yuto should get second place. For how much Suciu is pushing I still remember Yuto's insane first part more than anything Mark's put out, and I feel like this one's gonna stand out more too. That plus the Olympics, he's definitely had a hell of a year and would deserve it.

He is essentially Koston. Won every contest (you know Koston would have won that shit in like 1998-2004 if the Olympics happened back then). Put out multiple parts pushing the boundaries of what’s possible but with good/perfect style. Has all the best sponsors. Thrasher covers. Loved worldwide. Rips a demo with ease. Can do anything. I think he should win.

Imagine the SoTY trip. Probably Koston, Shane, Yuto, Dashawn, Ishod, and the gang. Incredible output. Nostalgic of like Koston and CK1 and grant going with Ishod on his SOTY trip.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2021, 02:01:25 AM »

Exactly my feelings

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2021, 02:21:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

true but I wonder why would you HAVE to mute a song to even finish a 3 min part? thats crazy to me. "reminiscing over some better old days" that were never actually there. they love 90s rap music and want it in their videos because of skate videos that had 90s rap music in it not because they were actual fans of the music first. you dont like baggy pants and puffy shoes because of the designers or rap music in that era. you like it because of people like josh kalis in the dc video.
there are barley any Griselda records skate edits but always the same old wu tang or gangstarr ones. 
while I know that a lot of old heads dont like trap drums or the message they are promoting.. I think its not as cringe as a alternative folk or soul song that you've never enjoyed before skate edits.
it might be the stiff drums that have some electronic music influence and the epicness it creates while some guy mumbles some ignorant lyrics into the mic. but its fun and not to take literal all the time. I dont listen to future while I clean my gun.

I'm only messing man I don't really care about the music
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2021, 03:53:48 AM »
Fly shit only

somefucker

« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2021, 04:21:48 AM »
thread's crackin me up

welcome to SLAP Magazine Jr.'s, how woke are ya?

witty pseudonym

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2021, 05:01:40 AM »
Honestly, Kyle Wilson should be SOTY this year.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2021, 05:15:26 AM »
true but I wonder why would you HAVE to mute a song to even finish a 3 min part?

Because it is shitty trap with autotune and it is horrible to listen to.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2021, 05:24:21 AM »
I detect an undercurrent of anti-popshuvit sentiment in this thread, and that disturbs me.

somefucker

« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2021, 05:40:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly my feelings

you're both idiots

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1453
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2021, 06:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly my feelings
Cut to Dunks...pan out for trick...zoom in on Dunks

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2021, 06:33:23 AM »
Cut to skateboard / rough ground, pan out for trick, zoom in on skateboard/roll away

confirmation bias about dunks

complain about strobeck if you want
but why complain about a pretty classic pattern in SKATEBOARDING videos

Sidenote A: i dislike Dunks
Sidenote B: are you guys serious about wanting to see wheels ?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 07:06:10 AM by BALARGUE »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2021, 06:34:53 AM »
Does anyone else remember a video of Yuto talking shit to Nyjah or somehow flexing after he won the gold medal? Maybe he’s at a hotel or something? Can’t remember but would be funny to see again if anyone knows where to find it.

Sure. Here it is.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2021, 06:41:31 AM »
His nonchalant style and even bowl cut reminds me of the best Penny era, and I’m all for it.  Konichiwa bitches

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2021, 06:56:59 AM »
You know to each their own or whatever, a lot of people like future and that's cool, but it's hard for me to appreciate a singer who mumbles jibberish like,

"catching cold feelings can be a bummer
that's why I drive my audi in the summer"

but all I hear is..

"cashun oldfeely cnb mer
thats I arrive audi in thumber"

That being said skating was impressive and I don't need to wish Yuto the best because it appears that he's already there.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2021, 07:10:47 AM »
Yuto is very good

This video was not good. The music and editing is so hilariously bad it actually makes me laugh.

Anyways, switch back shuv over the street gap was insane. Awesome clip

abd in a bronze vid 5 years back

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2021, 07:55:28 AM »
love future but EVOL was a low point imo, out of his entire catalog why that song

Frank and Fred

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2021, 08:33:32 AM »
Fucking hilarious reading some of the reactions on here. "Song sucks" who the fuck cares? People have different tastes. Yuto can like what he likes. "No emotion" "his skating does nothing for me" LMAO get a fucking life, Yuto's skill, style and trick selection are all elite.  This is what top tier street skating looks like in 2021.  Nobody gives a fuck that it didn't make you cry or whatever AA does to you.

That said as dope as this was I think as a whole I prefer his vx part from earlier this year.

"Top Tier?" What even is skateboarding in 2021? haha... man... The day skateboarding stops involving personality, approach, subjectivity, taste and opinion and becomes more about set-prices, "tiers" and robotic routines, is the day its done... I care.

somefucker

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2021, 08:40:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly my feelings
[close]
Cut to Dunks...pan out for trick...zoom in on Dunks

yeah guess whats less than 2 in. below his stupid shoes. it's like people get PAL and their brains go out the window, they just talk out their peehole

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 888
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2021, 08:45:47 AM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Donatello

• Rep: 2
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2021, 08:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"Top Tier?" What even is skateboarding in 2021? haha... man... The day skateboarding stops involving personality, approach, subjectivity, taste and opinion and becomes more about set-prices, "tiers" and robotic routines, is the day its done... I care.

Top tier? Is that a foreign concept to you?l? The idea that skaters can be better or worse than each other? Maybe Andy Shrock nosesliding a tiny ledge is more "relatable" to you. Stick to remive and braille imo.

I'm sorry yutos part didn't make you bawl your eyes out because he didn't slam enough or didn't have a dadbod or dorky clothes. Personality, am I right?

Sarcasm aside, how the fuck is this japanese kid Yuto Horigome the most divisive skater Slap has ever seen?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2021, 08:48:21 AM »
Damn Yuto is good. Modern day Justin Eldridge
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2021, 08:57:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Top tier? Is that a foreign concept to you?l? The idea that skaters can be better or worse than each other? Maybe Andy Shrock nosesliding a tiny ledge is more "relatable" to you. Stick to remive and braille imo.

I'm sorry yutos part didn't make you bawl your eyes out because he didn't slam enough or didn't have a dadbod or dorky clothes. Personality, am I right?

Sarcasm aside, how the fuck is this japanese kid Yuto Horigome the most divisive skater Slap has ever seen?

Round and round we could go but really its  b/c skateboarding has a tradition of being subjective and harshly judgmental from the days of Hawk Vs Hosoi. A lot of people were more interested in Hosoi doing an overhead backside air than Hawk doing a Madonna revert. Right or wrong it was because of style and personality. a lot of what attracted them to skateboarding in the first place. I know skateboarding is moving closer to points, rules, objectivity and so on but it will never fully be without irrational harsh critics like myself.

Just being honest but Yuto's part did not make me want to skate... maybe that's what it boils down to... relatability. it is a big factor in inspiration for many...

Someone like Joey O'Brien and his Untitled part, for instance, just fucking oozed personality and inspiration and got me amped to get out there.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 84
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2021, 09:26:54 AM »