Author Topic: P2 files editing question  (Read 716 times)

moshandwallies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
P2 files editing question
« on: December 02, 2021, 01:25:57 PM »
Just got an HVX200 and the question is: How can I have only one audio channel in my timeline?

When I import the clips and drag them in the sequence the clips will have four audio channels. Do you guys keep the clip like this or delete the other audio channel? If you delete it, do you delete it one by one or there's a faster method?

barreldistortion

• Rep: 3
Re: P2 files editing question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 10:06:19 PM »
I wish I actually knew why Premiere does this. I usually just delete the other audio channels holding "option-click" and keep the main one. You could also create a custom sequence that only uses one audio channel and drag the clips in there

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 07:43:45 AM »
I wish I actually knew why Premiere does this. I usually just delete the other audio channels holding "option-click" and keep the main one. You could also create a custom sequence that only uses one audio channel and drag the clips in there

This. I also have no idea why premiere does this. Drag a clip in and it has 5 audio tracks? Makes no sense.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 08:01:14 AM »
Highlight all the footage in your project panel, right click and choose modify > interpret footage. Go to the audio channels tab and I think you can change the clips to a normal stereo channel. I can't test it out as Premiere has started crashing when I import P2 footage for some reason but I'm pretty sure you can do it that way.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

moshandwallies

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 02:00:04 AM »
Highlight all the footage in your project panel, right click and choose modify > interpret footage. Go to the audio channels tab and I think you can change the clips to a normal stereo channel. I can't test it out as Premiere has started crashing when I import P2 footage for some reason but I'm pretty sure you can do it that way.

thank you!

suckmadeck

• Rep: 28
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 08:17:15 AM »
DO NOT DO THIS!

When dragging P2 clips into Premiere Pro. look at the timeline and make sure A1, A2, A3, A4 is highlighted as well as V1. That way all 4 channels of sound will be brought in.

Also, use an AVCHD timeline to make sure you get 2 channels of stereo, not 4 channels of mono.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 05:47:06 AM »
just use media encoder from adobe and then drag clips or import them that way