Author Topic: Rick & Mike Mouse Megamix  (Read 1906 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Rick & Mike Mouse Megamix
« on: December 02, 2021, 04:34:30 PM »
I always wondered why they didn't use all the footage from the Mouse Outtakes on the box set to give Rick and Mike a longer part so I compiled it all together into a new edit.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
Re: Rick & Mike Mouse Megamix
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 05:25:28 PM »
Super good, great song too <3

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 06:26:06 PM »
thank you
MC + RH = <3

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 07:02:17 PM »
Nice, it is weird they didn’t use that footage though.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 04:11:45 AM »
I always wondered why they didn't use all the footage from the Mouse Outtakes on the box set to give Rick and Mike a longer part so I compiled it all together into a new edit.

This was really good.  With the outtakes, I always wondered that about the Keenan Smif-n-Wessun bonus footage and why they left so much out.  I still love Mouse, but some omissions look weird in retrospect.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 04:23:53 AM »
Thank you.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 04:59:42 AM »
This edit is significantly better than the original

Rick Howard has the best front shuv ever 

disappointed

• Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 09:05:29 AM »

Significantly better?? Really? Original is still all time.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 10:41:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Rick & Mike MOUSE Megamix.  ;)

disappointed

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 10:56:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I know. Just jokes. And any excuse to post more Mike & Rick. Do you know what part Rick does the fs shove over the high trash can (maybe on hollywood)? I’ve gone blank.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 11:22:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know. Just jokes. And any excuse to post more Mike & Rick. Do you know what part Rick does the fs shove over the high trash can (maybe on hollywood)? I’ve gone blank.

Goldfish.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 05:42:25 PM »
Holy shit Watson. Holy shit. What a gift to wake up to.

disappointed

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2021, 07:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Goldfish.

Ta, thanks. Really does have the smoothest front shove ever, amazing how stays so straight with all the momentum forward. Huge Howard fan, i could watch Rick shopping for socks ;D

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2021, 03:58:14 PM »
Yeah it really is strange how much footage wasn't used. Especially for Mike because he had barely any footage and all his stuff that got cut is great. And also Rick Howard doing a back blunt down CIBC at the end of a two trick line?

Funny someone posted Penal Code as I had considered using all that footage too because I heard that it could have been in Mouse but went to FTC instead. I considered combining all the footage and giving Rick and Mike both their own parts but honestly sound dubbing is so fucking tedious. I don't know how Manolo and Memory Screen and the like do so much of it. Couldn't even tell you how much time I put into just this sort little video. Probably not worth it to be honest ahha.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2021, 12:53:41 AM »
this was awesome. thanks watson.

ricck's fakie frontside flips are just gold

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 03:42:01 AM »
A lot of times footage won't get used/forgotten because companies rely on one person to do all the editing/organizing. Which is an infinite amount of work and gets really stressful to say the least.

I remember Andrew Reynolds talking about him, Erik Ellington, and Jon Miner taking turns editing the Deathwish Video which I always thought was really cool.

That was a dope edit btw. Good job!

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 04:02:31 AM »
Nicely done! When i did the edit for FTC Meza gave me a vhs transfer tape with mixed raw footy from Penal code along with a shitload of unseen footage, especially MC. Some whatever and some really good, i used a couple clips in the edit but Aaron wanted to hold on most of it. If you put everything from that year together it could be a 10min+ Carroll part...

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 02:53:14 PM »
I watched this but forgot to say thank you, it was very enjoyable. The switch backside flip over the sand gap to end the line starting at :17 might be the most beautiful switch backside flip of all time.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 05:37:39 AM »
Really good edit, feels of it’s time .

I miss this era of these guys .

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2021, 11:39:01 AM »
Nicely done! When i did the edit for FTC Meza gave me a vhs transfer tape with mixed raw footy from Penal code along with a shitload of unseen footage, especially MC. Some whatever and some really good, i used a couple clips in the edit but Aaron wanted to hold on most of it. If you put everything from that year together it could be a 10min+ Carroll part...

Oh my god that's a fucking dream come true. Would love to work with old footage like that. It would be amazing if people started releasing footage like that. At this point with these legends that are getting up there in age and not producing much if any footage anymore, that stuff is like unreleased songs from great bands not making music anymore.

Also I want to say thanks to everyone for the good feedback!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2022, 07:00:15 PM »
This is great, were the outtakes without music, or did you rebuild the board sounds?   Always wonder how people do reedits with the board sounds, but being outtakes I think I might have just answered my own question.

And please give ol' Watson that Penal outtake footy.

pretty ricky rickshaw

• Rep: -9
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2022, 08:45:33 PM »
that was awesome but sad too. we might get a carroll part again but howard will likely never film anything again. i thought it was gonna be penal code remix based on the gear but all new to me.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2022, 12:15:03 PM »
This is great, were the outtakes without music, or did you rebuild the board sounds?   Always wonder how people do reedits with the board sounds, but being outtakes I think I might have just answered my own question.

@radcunt, these weren't outtakes. I dropped all the sound and dubbed over it with appropriate sound clips from Tim Dowling's Listen video. It's horrible, tedious work that I hate doing. I swear adding the sound to this took me 30 hours over the course of 6 months because I would get so sick of doing it that I would just stop for months because it sucked so bad.

I'm sure when you do it lots you get quicker at it but I have no idea how guys like Memory Screen do full 15 minute parts and dub the sounds in for the whole thing. Madness. I actually have tons of ideas for these types of projects and would  make a lot more if the work of overdubbing the sound didn't suck so bad.

rothdigga

• Rep: 571
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2022, 12:25:16 PM »
Yeah it really is strange how much footage wasn't used. Especially for Mike because he had barely any footage and all his stuff that got cut is great. And also Rick Howard doing a back blunt down CIBC at the end of a two trick line?

Funny someone posted Penal Code as I had considered using all that footage too because I heard that it could have been in Mouse but went to FTC instead. I considered combining all the footage and giving Rick and Mike both their own parts but honestly sound dubbing is so fucking tedious. I don't know how Manolo and Memory Screen and the like do so much of it. Couldn't even tell you how much time I put into just this sort little video. Probably not worth it to be honest ahha.

Well, I'll tell you right now...it was totally worth it!  Ha.  This is gold and I love seeing mixes like this. 

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 12:31:25 PM »
This was dope. Thx @Watson
Carroll casual switch flips are * a fire emoji here*

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2022, 02:33:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@radcunt, these weren't outtakes. I dropped all the sound and dubbed over it with appropriate sound clips from Tim Dowling's Listen video. It's horrible, tedious work that I hate doing. I swear adding the sound to this took me 30 hours over the course of 6 months because I would get so sick of doing it that I would just stop for months because it sucked so bad.

I'm sure when you do it lots you get quicker at it but I have no idea how guys like Memory Screen do full 15 minute parts and dub the sounds in for the whole thing. Madness. I actually have tons of ideas for these types of projects and would  make a lot more if the work of overdubbing the sound didn't suck so bad.

Jesus, we’ll I appreciate your work it’s flawless!  Should pop a fart sound in on a sneaky landing, spice it up.

I guess once you catalog and tag all the sounds it could be a tad easier?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 02:46:01 PM »
Wow unreal

Top work thank you
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2022, 04:17:21 PM »
Well thanks for the compliments everyone. Really appreciate it and makes the work (kinda) worth it.

I guess once you catalog and tag all the sounds it could be a tad easier?

I don't have a catalog, I just have a few videos that don't have music and I just drop them in the timeline and scroll through it to find a clip that should sound the same. Need a rail? Look for a rail. Need a bluntslide? Look for a bluntslide. Riding on bricks? Look for some bricks. Hardest part is that most of the time you're not finding clips that are the exact length of grind or slide so you have to kinda piece them together and chop them up. Long lines you have to paste in the pushing then paste in a trick when it happens. Actually in this video lots of the clips have the same sound or aren't perfect, but the music helps distract from that and usually the viewer just connects the dots in their mind. I haven't done too many of them, and much respect to other dudes who do it.