Author Topic: Flora Episode 3 - Mark Suciu  (Read 20874 times)

ShyLow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
Re: Flora Episode 3 - Mark Suciu
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2021, 01:47:00 PM »
Having those fakie grinds on lock is just unfair.
He's landing some of those like a warm up 5050.

AnotherOldSkater

• Rep: -23
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2021, 01:50:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Suciu on coke confirmed… went from Mirror lines to full on rails
[close]

Underrated comment right here.

Agreed. That wins Comment Of The Year in my book

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2021, 01:58:28 PM »
I wonder how many parts he will drop next year if thrasher doesn't give it to him.

foureyedjim

« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2021, 02:02:05 PM »

marty mcfly

« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2021, 02:05:40 PM »
wow,that part was incredible!
just give him the damn trophy.

Hi Mark,
please do the hopkins grind with a nollie flip out

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2021, 02:08:30 PM »
I’m 39, I skate since 1990:
This was one of the best parts I’ve ever seen in my life.

Unbelievable.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2021, 02:17:34 PM »

This was touching to see, even though the purple devil emoji kinda makes me feel like Yuto is sarcastically taunting him

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

foureyedjim

« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2021, 02:19:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This was touching to see, even though the purple devil emoji kinda makes me feel like Yuto is sarcastically taunting him
Reminds me of sports.  Fans get territorial and kinda mad at each other but it’s all love internally among the people actually participating lol

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2021, 02:27:05 PM »
The irony of the SOTY race is how much of a (video)  CONTEST it has become....
While it goes against the Thrasher ethos to reward the jockiness of striving to win a contest..

Therefore, in order to keep that Thrasher spirit, they should award it to a "lifestyle" skater who isn't gunning so hard.

Nonetheless Suciu's amazing and I love what he represents: class, maturity, smarts and talent to do long tasteful lines instead of single clip hammers ala Zero/Baker

out!
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Shuh

• Rep: 6
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »
That last 2 minutes is just nuts

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2021, 02:46:25 PM »
360 flip manny to making eye contact and confirming safe passage in front of a pickup truck while still manualing.

yo fr, can we talk about my man's traffic management? that tre flip manny line with the pickup, the opening line at Dolores Park in SF where he goes out into the middle of Dolores Street and does a half cab bluntslide back to fakie and a switch tre, in his Spitfire part where he times his line perfectly and does a switch front heel in the middle of Centre street in NYC when skating from courthouse to blubba? these are busy-ass streets, there are so many factors to be monitoring

such incredible precision in literally every element of his skateboarding

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2021, 02:48:57 PM »
i fucking love that the main argument against suciu winning SOTY is that he cares too much. you absolute dorks

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

vhsfisheye

« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2021, 02:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
I get mark likes his no push lines but so many clips of his just look like he’s going incredibly slow, just like the other 3 mark parts I only really cared for about the footage. Marks really good at doing unique tricks on cool spots and somehow making me dislike it because he’s riding at walking speed
[close]

Had to rewatch the part to see these "slow" clips. Part ended and I didn't see any. What specific clips in this part seemed slow to you? Keep in mind you have posted videos you made on here that feature people skating about a tenth of the speed Mark skates.  ;)

Are you seriously comparing someone in the running for soty to me and my friends mediocre skate ability’s?

I love the sentiment that you can’t dislike something if you cant do it

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2021, 02:57:53 PM »
waited until the day after yuto drops his part. savage.

definitely deserves the trophy

D10S

• Rep: -51
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2021, 03:02:47 PM »
So good to see a dude in his prime doing whatever he wants on a skateboard. undisputed SOTY of the world!

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2021, 03:06:18 PM »
He has won this award by so many miles, the mag would have to be batshit not to. 4 parts including this insane one, past years where he could have won, and he's from Nor Cal.

Sick Blonde Redhead song, I love that 23 album.

Seems to me there was quite a few older clips in there based on the shoes he was wearing, I don't think that takes away from anything.

Dude has put out the most footage of any one human un a calendar year by so far. I thought Mason's 3 parts was going to hold up for some years.

+1 and also my pick for COTY
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 03:39:20 PM by figureitout »

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2021, 03:08:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I get mark likes his no push lines but so many clips of his just look like he’s going incredibly slow, just like the other 3 mark parts I only really cared for about the footage. Marks really good at doing unique tricks on cool spots and somehow making me dislike it because he’s riding at walking speed
[close]

Had to rewatch the part to see these "slow" clips. Part ended and I didn't see any. What specific clips in this part seemed slow to you? Keep in mind you have posted videos you made on here that feature people skating about a tenth of the speed Mark skates.  ;)
[close]

Are you seriously comparing someone in the running for soty to me and my friends mediocre skate ability’s?

No, not skill-wise. Just talking speed. I'm not even trying to go to bat for Suciu here, just find that criticism odd, and frankly, inaccurate. Kinda like saying you don't like seeing Nikes in footage but then making a homie video where everyone is wearing Nikes.

Again, timestamp a "slow" clip from that part as an example. The only clip I saw that might qualify as not so fast was the two weird metal benches in a row that he had to skate slower so he could actually hit both.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2021, 03:12:34 PM »
 Did all of you forget 2013 Suciu? He should’ve won SOTY then and if it wasn’t for Ishod winning it he probably would’ve. He put out 30 minutes of footage that year.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2021, 03:26:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Omg mark we get it.
[close]
A friend saw the premiere last night in SF and said it was great ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[close]

crowd was harsh last night, hella quiet. loudest cheers were for the other skaters but suciu went in on this one, great song too.

It’s almost as if he is on an island if you will. Maybe he needs to escape said island…

vhsfisheye

« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2021, 03:40:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

No, not skill-wise. Just talking speed. I'm not even trying to go to bat for Suciu here, just find that criticism odd, and frankly, inaccurate. Kinda like saying you don't like seeing Nikes in footage but then making a homie video where everyone is wearing Nikes.

Again, timestamp a "slow" clip from that part as an example. The only clip I saw that might qualify as not so fast was the two weird metal benches in a row that he had to skate slower so he could actually hit both.

Everytrick after the front blunt in the opening line is at a snails pace, the nollie flip 5050 line around 50 seconds and the previously mentioned double bench clip. I’m sorry that me not liking a couple suciu clips has personally offended you. I’ll also make sure my friends skate at busenitz speeds or I’ll refuse to film them.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2021, 03:53:45 PM »
I'm like what the fuck just happened..

It's like it's penis measuring contest; Suciu shows off an average sized penis, but it's an incredibly beautiful, complex, unheard off, never seen before, breathtaking, astonishingly uncompromised, magnificent, average-and a whole fuck load of motion in the ocean-sized penis.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

ilovegay

• Rep: 9
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2021, 04:02:23 PM »

Hahahah

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2021, 04:09:49 PM »
Didn't even watch yet but holy shit I did not expect to see any more than 5minutes for this part

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 25
  • old leg
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2021, 04:20:13 PM »
Nice little ode to CK1 ender in one of the rail bangers

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2021, 04:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Everytrick after the front blunt in the opening line is at a snails pace, the nollie flip 5050 line around 50 seconds and the previously mentioned double bench clip. I’m sorry that me not liking a couple suciu clips has personally offended you. I’ll also make sure my friends skate at busenitz speeds or I’ll refuse to film them.

did we watch the same video? are you a person that has never watched street skateboarding before and only watched extreme downhill longboarding? what happened to you that gave you this patently delusional system of speed judgement lol

one-off

• Rep: 105
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2021, 04:35:59 PM »
The Four Noble Truths of Buddhism

1. Life is Suffering

2. The Cause of Suffering is Desire (to be SOTY)

3. The End of Suffering is End of Desire (to be SOTY)

4. The 8 Part Path is the Way

The cycle of parts for SOTY yielding no SOTY is Samsara

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2021, 04:41:34 PM »
Wow that was so awesome I don't remember 95% of it what happened
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #177 on: December 03, 2021, 04:47:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

did we watch the same video? are you a person that has never watched street skateboarding before and only watched extreme downhill longboarding? what happened to you that gave you this patently delusional system of speed judgement lol

I know, right? Lol. Homie's eyes are broken or something. The second clip he hated on for being slow was literally a downhill line where he's flying by the time he's at the second trick, and everyone who skates there goes slower on the first trick because you gain speed so quick. He does a switch flip back tail going super fast, and this dude is complaining about it being too slow. Guess he expected Mark to skitch a car on that first line when he rolled into the street instead of taking a couple solid pushes, and maybe get towed into that downhill line.  ;D

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »
if there was a discussion to be had about who deserved SOTY this part just ended that conversation.

Truly incredible the sheer amount of footage and hard work he put in this year.

Weirdly this reminded me of the Dylan. Gravis part in some way.  Like a culmination of a person's abilities that finally becomes realized. 

This was easily the best part he's ever put out. There's like 20 different tricks that made me audibly yell "holy shit"

Just unreal.  Happy for him! What a talent!

This is what I felt Verso was. The idea that he topped it… I’m not sure but could be. This year is def overall as crazy as the year he had in 2019. Either way SOTY and a legend.

skunty

• Rep: 68
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2021, 05:07:09 PM »
some of y'all are gonna pull a muscle reaching for things to complain about

My reach complaint is that he did 2 tricks on curbs and popped his tail to get into both. Give SOTY to mcslappy Rowan