Author Topic: Slap Pals in Mike V's New Season of Drive...  (Read 1664 times)

grimcity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Slap Pals in Mike V's New Season of Drive...
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:35:11 PM »
In this season of Mike's show, he does a two part series on the south... the first one (episode 3 of the season) will focus on New Orleans, with Slap Pal natenola as his guide:
Description:  Mike travels throughout the southern United States and visits the city of New Orleans; one year after the city was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. Mike meets up with local skateboarder Todd Taylor who takes him on a tour of the city. They skate through the downtown area checking out a few of the skate spots that have been affected and/or created in the aftermath of the hurricane. Todd also takes Mike on a tour of the more heavily damaged areas of the city, including the extensive destruction of the Ninth Ward.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2017754651

In the next episode (4), Mike is here in Hammond and some other southern cities, where me and my best friend get to talk about public parks, and skateboarding in general:
Description:  Mike continues his travels through the southern United States visiting a series of small towns along the way. In White Hall, Arkansas Mike meets up with 18-year-old Todd Givens who created his own skate scene by building ramps in his driveway, so local skaters would have a place to ride. In Hammond, Louisiana Mike meets up with skaters Kerry Simpson and Neal Boyd to discuss the impact Louisiana’s first public cement park has had on their skate scene. Finally, Mike stops in Oxford, Mississippi to skate the cities public park with a group of local kids.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2017755735

Whether you like or dislike Mike and the show, I'm really stoked on the fact that Louisiana is getting coverage. I'm especially stoked on the focus on New Orleans, and the fact that Todd is the guide... if anyone ever visits NOLA to skate, you gotta hook up with him... he's the city's resident spot-guide and local guru.

sebastian toombs

Re: Slap Pals in Mike V's New Season of Drive...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »
i dont think ive said it here, but small time skates is THE most thorough small-sized shop that i have ever visited... 

Mentos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 07:04:34 PM »
Grimcity, the television celebrity  8)

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »
The New Orleans one was pretty damned good (imho)... props to natenola for representing the city as only he can. Also props to Dead Gregory for bgp's.

This Sunday is when we see if me and my friend look regular on TV, or in my case, more or less regular than usual.

jrock

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 01:03:23 PM »
any way to watch this online?  my cable doesnt offer Fuel TV...

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »
One of my buddies recorded the NOLA episode and is going to do the same with the Hammond one... once he does that I'll make sure you get copies of both, man.

jrock

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »
he grim, they have a clip of you guy's episode on Skateboardermag.com.  Of course, they have the episode mislabeled as "texas and new Jersey", but watching the video you can clearly see that its hammond.  I know how much you guys love it when they get your town wrong.  I think i saw an early grab bs 360 in the mix?  shit was tight....

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »
Haaaaaaaaaa!!! Holy shit! Dude, thanks for looking out!

LOOK MA I'M ON TV hahahahahaaaa

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 11:44:49 PM »
i saw mike v's spoken word stuff...maybe he has changed but i really just wanted to hear him tell stories of all the skate shit he's seen...instead he went off into some springsteen poetry....this is one situation which i wished he had ripped off henry rollins more....