Author Topic: Is Peter Smolik still PRO?  (Read 20222 times)

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
Re: Is Peter Smolik still PRO?
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2020, 10:40:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Your father never let you do cocaine, did he Jack?
[close]

That made me laugh
: )
Props to WarmUpZone for the photoshop job too

Gaywon Dong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2020, 10:52:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wrote Shorty's like a man on Insta and told them to re-release Smolik and Olson decks. They did not reply as of yet.
Been watching a lot of both of their parts lately.
[close]

Don't understand why they don't it's like printing money for themselves
[close]

The owner passed away this year from cancer i’m sure the last thing his friends/family are thinking about right now is slanging boards
[close]

What about the Muska reboot? Think they are definitely open to making a lot of $ right now

i'd buy buy a smolik reissue before i bought a muska

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2020, 11:31:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wrote Shorty's like a man on Insta and told them to re-release Smolik and Olson decks. They did not reply as of yet.
Been watching a lot of both of their parts lately.
[close]

Don't understand why they don't it's like printing money for themselves
[close]

The owner passed away this year from cancer i’m sure the last thing his friends/family are thinking about right now is slanging boards
[close]

What about the Muska reboot? Think they are definitely open to making a lot of $ right now
[close]

were talking about shortys, pay attention

shorty's rereleased the muska silhouette deck to great fanfare recently, for those not paying attention

https://www.shortysinc.com/collections/decks/products/shortys-original-muska-silhouette-8-00-deck?variant=34152404582531
:) I must have been tripping last night

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2020, 12:33:16 PM »
I know I'm super late to supper on this but I don't think I ever saw this one and, frankly, rather enjoyed Smolik's last part. Must've been an early vid because there're a lot of remnants of Shorty's throughout.

"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2020, 06:59:34 PM »
They are releasing Steve olson boards this spring/summer

I think smoliks departure from shortys went down badly something about getting a letter saying he didn’t do enough for the brand. Probably see his name on a Sk8mafia board again before shortys.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2020, 07:05:21 PM »
It is absolutely amazing that when they dropped the first run of Muska boards they sold something like 125,000$ of product in 5 minutes.  I wonder how much money they would have made if there wasn't the pandemic situation going on.

I can't wait for the Steve Olson board.  I heard he just had a baby recently too, he is going to be so stoked on those residuals.

When he started doing the crazy monk thing I messaged him a few times, super nice guy, deserves the world.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2020, 11:36:28 PM »
isn't he pro for real life pillage

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2020, 06:22:28 AM »
It is absolutely amazing that when they dropped the first run of Muska boards they sold something like 125,000$ of product in 5 minutes.  I wonder how much money they would have made if there wasn't the pandemic situation going on.

I can't wait for the Steve Olson board.  I heard he just had a baby recently too, he is going to be so stoked on those residuals.

When he started doing the crazy monk thing I messaged him a few times, super nice guy, deserves the world.

I will buy a ton of Olson boards (hopefully in various sizes?!). Dude is awesome

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2020, 07:12:09 AM »

People were saying how much better shops were doing because of the pandemic, so maybe Shorty's did better than they would've otherwise, too.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2020, 07:34:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

People were saying how much better shops were doing because of the pandemic, so maybe Shorty's did better than they would've otherwise, too.
I'm sure it's a mixture of pandemic and THPS hype. Shorty's came back a couple years ago and nobody cared. A lot of other brands are capitalizing on nostalgia and re-issues, so I'm curious what direction Shorty's will go. Adding Dadd was just a horrible decision and it's starting to feel like a soulless cash grab. I do wish good things with Muska's personal brand.

Gbeerme

• Rep: -4
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2020, 07:46:39 AM »
I know I'm super late to supper on this but I don't think I ever saw this one and, frankly, rather enjoyed Smolik's last part. Must've been an early vid because there're a lot of remnants of Shorty's throughout.

That vid seems like the coagulation era for Sk8mafia.

Coagulation, pronunciation; kōaɡyo͝oˈlāSH(ə)n: the action or process of a liquid, especially blood, changing to a solid or semi-solid state.

Smolik post Osiris days and skating for Saucony, pronunciation; SAW-CON-ee.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2021, 04:08:14 AM »

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2021, 04:12:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I'm sure it's a mixture of pandemic and THPS hype. Shorty's came back a couple years ago and nobody cared. A lot of other brands are capitalizing on nostalgia and re-issues, so I'm curious what direction Shorty's will go. Adding Dadd was just a horrible decision and it's starting to feel like a soulless cash grab. I do wish good things with Muska's personal brand.

How is Dadd still somewhat a part of the skate industry. I hope he's buying all those nikes himself

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2021, 03:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I will buy a ton of Olson boards (hopefully in various sizes?!). Dude is awesome

Didn't see this posted yet and not sure where to put it, so I'm just gonna put it here.

"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

biggerdave

• Rep: -23
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2021, 07:19:25 AM »
Look what I found mom. Huha.
#freedrewSTEADMAN

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2021, 06:52:41 AM »
His acting skills in Guilty are top notch. And I love the part where a guy randomly drops poops on the ground against lyrics referencing it.

juras

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2021, 04:12:32 PM »
It wants new Smolik guest pro board for Krooked or Antihero

juras

« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2021, 12:17:00 PM »
PRO forever

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2021, 12:25:01 PM »
It wants new Smolik guest pro board for Krooked or Antihero

Smolik krooked guest deck with glass snorter that has a schmoo on the side

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2021, 01:12:21 PM »
Big fan but it looks like he's just into RC cars now