Author Topic: Limosine skateboards  (Read 69639 times)

Jonny7.5Alive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 87
Re: Limosine skateboards
« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2022, 08:37:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

You can't compare them two to Polar

As much as I like them there's no comparison
[close]

Wait, people think Polar has bad graphics?

I certainly don't

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2022, 10:07:07 AM »
Some people were saying it earlier, including Cyrus in an interview. A few pages back

switchfakie

« Reply #542 on: May 25, 2022, 06:20:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dude said one of the reasons he quit was because of those big boy jeans…. LMAO.  I’m sorry man but those Polar checks must have been really nice after big boys and 93’s blew up… so to quit a company in the height of their financial boom (trendy pants or not) AND they’re about to give you a pro deck is some fried shit. In the words of the great Kenny Powers, you gotta play to get paid.
[close]

Where can I read / hear this ?
[close]
the angel and z podcast i believe
[close]

51:54:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boQKzSWfMNo

and from heckride:
Expand Quote
You rode for them for a few years and even had a part in their last full length, “We Blew It At Some Point.” I personally really loved that video but I know you’ve mentioned in other interviews that you never liked the vibe of the edit. What in particular was it that made you not like your part in the video?

Well, the song in my part for sure, that song should not be in a skate video at all. I didn’t like the whole modern art vibe to it all, I didn’t like that Big Boy pants were a thing, and it almost all felt trendy in a way. Their graphics also felt kind of hit and miss, like I would like one graphic out of a whole season of boards. Towards the end Emile [Laurent], Paul [Grund], and Hjalte would do some of the graphics and those were cool, but everything else just wasn’t my vibe. Skating just means so much to me, and in doing so, it makes me overly critical in every aspect I choose to represent. If I’m not 100% stoked on what I’m riding for, then I’m just over it. Like I’m fully committed to my homies on the team, but I’m not fully committed to this company.

I know people have gone on record to say that Pontus Alv can be a bit intense to deal with. Did you guys have any disagreements or butt heads at all?

Yeah, nothing too crazy though. There would be disagreements from time to time on skate trips. Sometimes he would just put off a bad vibe and it would trip me out, but I’m also just a different person than he is. That’s my friend and I understand that at the end of the day you’re the boss, but it just never felt comfortable. I knew I wasn’t going to be there forever.

I heard rumors of there being a pro board already in the works, is that true?

Yeah, there was. I saw the graphic that was mocked up for my pro board and it would have been a graphic that, if that was my pro board, I would have cried - and not tears of joy. I mean shoutout to Pontus for the gesture in wanting to turn me pro but I wasn’t feeling the graphic.
[close]
https://heckride.com/f/andrew-wilson
[close]

Seems a bit silly. There's no company on the planet that nail every aspect of running a brand. Sometimes they have weak graphics, dodgy edits etc. As a whole Polar is God tier compared to 95% of the industry.

Also We Blew It At Some Point is a masterpiece. This dope is fried.

damn bro, you dont have to take his personal decisions so seriously. he wasn't feeling it, end of story. as long as he's not disappointed, we dont really have any reason to criticize him. i also really enjoyed we blew it at some point, but i definitely agree with him in that most of the polar graphics suck

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #543 on: May 25, 2022, 07:08:53 PM »
polar has had some real clunker graphics recently. just low effort stuff.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #544 on: May 25, 2022, 08:18:12 PM »

what the hell is going on over at frog too

switchfakie

« Reply #545 on: May 26, 2022, 01:50:02 PM »

deadass man, the only reason i continue to purchase is bc of BBS wood, i got used to the shape and i like having a lot of empty white on the board so that it's easy to see the wear on the board so you know how old the board is getting. just that 1/3 of the board with a shitty drawing or "modern art" really fuckin sucks

polars gonna fade into obscurity if they keep with this shit and don't release a new video. i hate big boys and their $40 shirts are too fucking expensive for no reason. also the non skaters starting to wear their clothes makes me hate them even more

im starting to not give a shit about dane brady & emile laurent anymore and that feels weird. i guess that's life, time to move on to backing a new company

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #546 on: May 26, 2022, 02:11:40 PM »
Expand Quote
I've said this in other threads, but it's crazy someone can be so image conscious, and have so much footage in Janoski slip ons. On one hand I respect that if he's not completely 100% down, then he's not down, but you can't tell me if he was on Hockey and there was something he didn't like, he'd quit. I think there's probably a lot more to his relationship with Pontus too.
[close]
Isn’t he the Euro-Jamie Thomas?

Nah, more like euro ed templeton.
He wouldn’t get mad at you for not skating gnarly enough or whatever. But maybe ask you if he can get your used socks after the session or something weird like this.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #547 on: May 26, 2022, 04:41:24 PM »

No waaaaay. They have a few of my favorite graphics right now.

I don't know if I would get this next one specifically, but I think its visually striking if you're into this type of graphic:

As to their clothing stuff... I'm not sure why anyone would pay more than $50-60 for pants... but I'm not going to hold it against them for making bank off of rubes. Definitely won't be getting their clothing myself.

As for Limosine... yeah their decks are pretty terrible. I'm not sure why they haven't put the Paymasters DVD cover on a skateboard yet. That cover is a really cool piece of art.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 04:48:13 PM by FuzzGNU »
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #548 on: May 26, 2022, 05:39:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know if I would get this next one specifically, but I think its visually striking if you're into this type of graphic:

As to their clothing stuff... I'm not sure why anyone would pay more than $50-60 for pants... but I'm not going to hold it against them for making bank off of rubes. Definitely won't be getting their clothing myself.

As for Limosine... yeah their decks are pretty terrible. I'm not sure why they haven't put the Paymasters DVD cover on a skateboard yet. That cover is a really cool piece of art.

Max Palmer Lord of the Rats 8.5 is literally the best board I rode in a while.

Also that Dane Brady deck is one of my favorites decks of the season.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #549 on: May 26, 2022, 05:49:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Because people want to buy something that is really good quality and will last.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #550 on: May 26, 2022, 06:12:22 PM »
Whoever makes the polar graphics is on a sick one rn. They are really nailing the whole nineties vibe. Around the time of "wallride, oh yeah oh yeah" the graphics were very cartoony though.

Damn, polar really had everyone had everyone doing wall rides and no complies. Hahahaha. Good times. Damn. 10 years ago. Time flies. Remember getting into joy division from the vid. First line is iconic.

https://youtu.be/LV8dn3Uv48U
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 06:20:48 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #551 on: May 26, 2022, 06:46:36 PM »
That video is insanely classic. Love watching TBS footage. Pontus has had more of an influence on skating over the last ten years than a lot of people realize, even given Polar’s popularity.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1131
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #552 on: May 26, 2022, 07:11:14 PM »
honestly, i didn’t really understand the hype behind the clothing because i bought the surf pants and they just don’t do it for me and i have a hat of theirs that i love because of how it fits. other than that i was like eh whatever. but i got a couple pairs of the 93s and my girlfriend got me this really sick shirt of theirs and dude the quality of their denim and their pricier shirts are so worth it.

as for the boards/graphics they make some really timeless stuff. that notre dame board and the jacob ovgren/oski board where the kid is sitting on the bike holding a gun are amazing. even to the point where i couldn’t even skate them just had to put them on the wall.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #553 on: May 26, 2022, 07:11:43 PM »
That video is insanely classic. Love watching TBS footage. Pontus has had more of an influence on skating over the last ten years than a lot of people realize, even given Polar’s popularity.

Definetly. Dudes done a lot for the EU scene for sure.

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #554 on: May 26, 2022, 08:46:01 PM »
I have a Polar polo shirt that I bought last year that I like a lot. I honestly like their clothes more than their graphics.

Spectre

• Rep: -40
« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2022, 07:28:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Frog has always sucked though

somefucker

« Reply #556 on: May 27, 2022, 08:20:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Frog has always sucked though

yall are buggin

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #557 on: May 27, 2022, 08:34:40 AM »
almost every polar posted on this page is an old graphic
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #558 on: May 27, 2022, 08:43:09 AM »
almost every polar posted on this page is an old heath graphic

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #559 on: May 27, 2022, 09:03:18 AM »
My homie chris made the first song in their newest video, so freaking cool

switchfakie

« Reply #560 on: May 27, 2022, 09:06:44 AM »
My homie chris made the first song in their newest video, so freaking cool

if youre talking about promaster hugo, that first song was absolutely garbage

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #561 on: May 28, 2022, 03:41:51 AM »
Whoever makes the polar graphics is on a sick one rn. They are really nailing the whole nineties vibe. Around the time of "wallride, oh yeah oh yeah" the graphics were very cartoony though.

Damn, polar really had everyone had everyone doing wall rides and no complies. Hahahaha. Good times. Damn. 10 years ago. Time flies. Remember getting into joy division from the vid. First line is iconic.

this reminds me, what happened between michal juras and polar/ pontus? he has heavy tricks in there

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #562 on: May 28, 2022, 03:58:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I like Polar but I wouldn't really say it's "good quality and will last", loads of their clothes have a bunch of issues like surf pants fading instantly and the buttons on the trou coming off, not a massive deal but I wouldn't say the quality is what justifies the price

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #563 on: May 28, 2022, 04:04:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I like Polar but I wouldn't really say it's "good quality and will last", loads of their clothes have a bunch of issues like surf pants fading instantly and the buttons on the trou coming off, not a massive deal but I wouldn't say the quality is what justifies the price

yeah, they changed production sites and people say since then quality has been declining. a friend of mine tore two big boy pants in a row first try

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #564 on: May 28, 2022, 04:55:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

this reminds me, what happened between michal juras and polar/ pontus? he has heavy tricks in there
[close]
pontus forced him into early retirement
Unfortunately Jerome Campbell too. I think the story was they had to be let go so the next group (oski, Herrington, Brady) could go pro

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #565 on: May 28, 2022, 05:25:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

yeah, they changed production sites and people say since then quality has been declining. a friend of mine tore two big boy pants in a row first try

he’s on the national skateboards from the uk i think and tm for converse in poland. he had a few injuries during his time on polar
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #566 on: May 28, 2022, 06:41:54 AM »

he’s on the national skateboards from the uk i think and tm for converse in poland. he had a few injuries during his time on polar

yes, that's what I recall, too, but having injuries isnt something unusual and with a certain level of loyality between brand and skaters this wouldnt cause problems. For instance, I doubt pontus is going to kick off oski when he doesnt recover as quickly as expected... but I'll guess the answer is just those guys werent marketable enough compared with the next generation

he also split parts with Jan Kliewer and Tjark Thielker

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1131
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #567 on: May 28, 2022, 12:56:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yes, that's what I recall, too, but having injuries isnt something unusual and with a certain level of loyality between brand and skaters this wouldnt cause problems. For instance, I doubt pontus is going to kick off oski when he doesnt recover as quickly as expected... but I'll guess the answer is just those guys werent marketable enough compared with the next generation

wait who are we talking about here

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #568 on: May 28, 2022, 02:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
wait who are we talking about here
michael juras i think

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #569 on: May 28, 2022, 06:54:43 PM »
Polar graphics are consistently good, frog is an acquired taste in my opinion. That Jalba graphic with the cat next to the tree was so sick though.

So far, I've not been blown away by Limo graphics but they're a far cry from bad.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead