Author Topic: Limosine skateboards  (Read 69640 times)

Boog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 190
Re: Limosine skateboards
« Reply #570 on: May 28, 2022, 07:07:09 PM »
Really diggin the mini board. Don’t know what my 6’1” size 11.5 shoe wearing slim thick ogre lookin ass would do with it. But. I’m still hyped on it.
Lmao slim thick! I know the struggle. Skinny fat looking ass dude.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #571 on: May 29, 2022, 12:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

he’s on the national skateboards from the uk i think and tm for converse in poland. he had a few injuries during his time on polar
[close]

yes, that's what I recall, too, but having injuries isnt something unusual and with a certain level of loyality between brand and skaters this wouldnt cause problems. For instance, I doubt pontus is going to kick off oski when he doesnt recover as quickly as expected... but I'll guess the answer is just those guys werent marketable enough compared with the next generation

he also split parts with Jan Kliewer and Tjark Thielker
[close]
wait who are we talking about here
[close]
michael juras i think

Jan Kliewer and Tjark Thielker were part of the German Polar division. Kliewer is like 40+ and living a good life.
Haven't seen anything from Tjark Thielker in the last few years.

Michael Juras is still shredding and destroying spots in Poland. He is a beast.

Back to the topic,
Limosine is rad, Polar is rad, Frog is rad.
I don't care much about graphics from boards if the shapes and wood are nice.

I like Limosine's output so far.
IG: @flowterspace

Jennydeath

• Rep: 6
« Reply #572 on: June 12, 2022, 01:21:39 PM »
thinking of buying one of their boards, anyone ride one yet? shape? thoughts on it? thanks

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #573 on: June 12, 2022, 01:54:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

he’s on the national skateboards from the uk i think and tm for converse in poland. he had a few injuries during his time on polar
[close]

yes, that's what I recall, too, but having injuries isnt something unusual and with a certain level of loyality between brand and skaters this wouldnt cause problems. For instance, I doubt pontus is going to kick off oski when he doesnt recover as quickly as expected... but I'll guess the answer is just those guys werent marketable enough compared with the next generation

[close]
[close]
michael juras i think
[close]

Jan Kliewer and Tjark Thielker were part of the German Polar division. Kliewer is like 40+ and living a good life.

Back to the topic,

loved seeing kliewer skate in person. dude just has the sickest style. he even made skating the skatehalle looking real good and fun. once i kind of tried to trace after him just to understand how he'd hit this route. it wasn't like i tried to run a train with him, i had some distance, so if he'd bail, i could easily just go somewhere else. but the guy just never bailed anything. at some point i think he noticed i was following him and glanced back, smiled but shook his head. i was pretty ashamed lol. it was basically my way of showing my adoration for the dudes skating. i was just baffled how he approached the whole park because he took some wild transfers or swerves and such.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #574 on: June 12, 2022, 03:19:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
michael juras i think
[close]

Back to the topic,

[close]

loved seeing kliewer skate in person. dude just has the sickest style. he even made skating the skatehalle looking real good and fun. once i kind of tried to trace after him just to understand how he'd hit this route. it wasn't like i tried to run a train with him, i had some distance, so if he'd bail, i could easily just go somewhere else. but the guy just never bailed anything. at some point i think he noticed i was following him and glanced back, smiled but shook his head. i was pretty ashamed lol. it was basically my way of showing my adoration for the dudes skating. i was just baffled how he approached the whole park because he took some wild transfers or swerves and such.

This feels like it was about to turn into a copypasta that takes a funny romantic turn. If I wasn't feeling so lazy right now I would write it myself haha.

Thanks for sharing. Ignore my imagination, no harm intended.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #575 on: June 12, 2022, 04:34:59 PM »
Which of limo, frog, polar or 917 will be first to crank the AI graphics?

IpathCats

« Reply #576 on: June 12, 2022, 04:45:35 PM »

Any of them could get away with it, and no one would notice. Maybe polar, but if you fed it enough data in advance I'm sure it would be close.

Baglady

• Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #577 on: June 12, 2022, 09:05:26 PM »
thinking of buying one of their boards, anyone ride one yet? shape? thoughts on it? thanks
been riding an 8.38 Cyrus model. Best thing since sliced seranos.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #578 on: June 13, 2022, 07:57:38 AM »
none, because they all get too much enjoyment out of making their bad graphics. why outsource something you enjoy?

although on second thought i could see AO churning out a few AI graphics when he's too busy with his new hobbies making house records or surfboards or whatever

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #579 on: June 13, 2022, 09:33:38 AM »
its gonna be the first polar/palace-esque brand that comes out of Japan.  theyre gonna have their first pro be not a human, but a humanoid robot.  the graphics will be AI generated.  theyre gonna give Pat Duffy a guest board though which is pretty dope.  yuto is gonna be pished

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #580 on: June 13, 2022, 09:48:52 AM »
its gonna be the first polar/palace-esque brand that comes out of Japan.  theyre gonna have their first pro be not a human, but a humanoid robot.  the graphics will be AI generated.  theyre gonna give Pat Duffy a guest board though which is pretty dope.  yuto is gonna be pished

so like evisen but with all that other stuff.

Jennydeath

« Reply #581 on: June 13, 2022, 09:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
none, because they all get too much enjoyment out of making their bad graphics. why outsource something you enjoy?

although on second thought i could see AO churning out a few AI graphics when he's too busy with his new hobbies making house records or surfboards or whatever

thanks man! does it have that big square nose like fa? trying to get away from that

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #582 on: June 14, 2022, 01:25:10 AM »
no - normal shape - big nose but not square/stubby

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

thanks man! does it have that big square nose like fa? trying to get away from that

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #583 on: June 14, 2022, 02:00:37 PM »
917's AI generated boards are all 6.75" wide with pointed noses and you have to set them up with rollerskate trucks. I saw Alex working on their next catalogue in a hair salon.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #584 on: June 14, 2022, 02:23:55 PM »
917's AI generated boards are all 6.75" wide with pointed noses and you have to set them up with rollerskate trucks. I saw Alex working on their next catalogue in a hair salon.

They also have little sound chips in them from a sega genisis that play echo the dolphin music

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #585 on: June 14, 2022, 03:14:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They also have little sound chips in them from a sega genisis that play echo the dolphin music

God, I wish.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #586 on: September 22, 2022, 06:12:54 PM »
Love that these guys seem to be getting in the van a lot. Pacific Northwest the other month and now in the UK/Europe.

Checking in to see how 917 is looking, and man their Instagram looks like something you'd use to find at Urban Outfitters or Opening Ceremony 5 years ago - https://www.instagram.com/callme917

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #587 on: September 22, 2022, 06:22:04 PM »
917 is bunk

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #588 on: September 23, 2022, 05:51:37 AM »
Love that these guys seem to be getting in the van a lot. Pacific Northwest the other month and now in the UK/Europe.

Checking in to see how 917 is looking, and man their Instagram looks like something you'd use to find at Urban Outfitters or Opening Ceremony 5 years ago - https://www.instagram.com/callme917
Yeah and they’re paying to sponsor a lot of posts/ads with no skate content in them. Wouldn’t be surprised if AO is totally checked out but needs to at least try and keep money coming in because he took out a big loan or something

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #589 on: September 23, 2022, 06:26:15 AM »
917 is my favorite Baker Boys sub brand for the simple fact that the decks are always much cheaper than Baker decks, but it’s the same wood.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #590 on: September 23, 2022, 08:53:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In describing AO's relationship with the brand he started, "enjoy" would be the last word I would use.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #591 on: September 23, 2022, 10:13:00 AM »
why did they edit nellys second part to a woody allen monologue
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #592 on: September 23, 2022, 10:57:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
In describing AO's relationship with the brand he started, "enjoy" would be the last word I would use.

I mean one of the reasons those dudes left and started Limosine was because they wanted control of their graphics

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #593 on: September 24, 2022, 01:58:46 AM »
Tom Knox in Cyrus' story feels like something's happening

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2022, 03:06:32 AM »
Tom Knox in Cyrus' story feels like something's happening
Tom knox has been in everyone's story lately.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #595 on: May 16, 2023, 07:11:00 AM »
Rewatched Paymaster/I just took a bite of dirt and got syked to go skate. Out of curiosity I went to Limo's website and it appears to be taken down/under construction. Anyone know if they're already in trouble or just reestablishing their website?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 10:47:15 AM by stringsnthings »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #596 on: May 16, 2023, 07:18:43 AM »
Rewatched Paymaster/I just took a bite of dirt and got liked to go skate. Out of curiosity I went to Limo's website and it appears to be taken down/under construction. Anyone know if they're already in trouble or just reestablishing their website?
New drops typically cause them to take down the site while they upload new merchandise and drop a video.

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 20
« Reply #597 on: May 16, 2023, 07:19:17 AM »
Rewatched Paymaster/I just took a bite of dirt and got liked to go skate. Out of curiosity I went to Limo's website and it appears to be taken down/under construction. Anyone know if they're already in trouble or just reestablishing their website?

I believe it’s just down til their next drop in like a month or so.   Kinda weird to have your website down in between though

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #598 on: May 16, 2023, 10:58:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
New drops typically cause them to take down the site while they upload new merchandise and drop a video.

That's what I assumed. Maybe it's one less expense to have the website up and running after each drop has shipped. Otherwise they could've just used the Limo L logo and a "under construction" over a one color backdrop or something. Enjoying what Limosine has put out video wise so far. Glad to know its not going anywhere

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #599 on: May 16, 2023, 11:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That's what I assumed. Maybe it's one less expense to have the website up and running after each drop has shipped. Otherwise they could've just used the Limo L logo and a "under construction" over a one color backdrop or something. Enjoying what Limosine has put out video wise so far. Glad to know its not going anywhere

oh dude come on how cheap can we be? at least write a team list, do an effort... try at least