Author Topic: thrasher, no longer the king of skate media  (Read 5460 times)

dannyprovolone

Re: thrasher, no longer the king of skate media
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn he’s on break from his food court job again
[close]

What is your obsession with malls bro?! I remember when you first popped in you were actually impressed that Thrasher merch gets carried in malls. So if we were to keep that going shouldn’t you actually be impressed that I work in a mall. Like right next to the Thrasher merch too omg I can almost touch it, it’s sooo cool!!!

Relax my bro, shift will be over soon and you can enjoy those cold sbarro leftovers you been sittin on all afternoon

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2022, 03:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone seems really upset that Thrasher isn’t cool anymore
[close]

I don’t think anyone truly gives a fuck one way or the other. I think you’re just annoying people. Hell, I signed up just to point that out in some stupid attempt to maybe make you realize that your obsession with Gifted Hater is weird and creepy.

You’re acting like someone that shows up to a pizza party and everyone is eating Little Caesars and you start berating them because some mom and pop pizza place is so much better. Yeah, Little Caesars is garbage but it’s still pizza and you won’t shut up about how great the mom and pop place is. When everyone finally tells you to shut up because you’re bumming them out you reply with, “oh, you’re all mad now because Little Caesars sucks?”
[close]
This might belong in the Unpopular Opinion thread but i enjoy Little Caesars. $5 and get some crazy bread...that's not a bad night
[close]

Nothing wrong with enjoying Little Caesars. Here’s what is wrong though

When I step into the pizza party I will start berating everyone for eating it and I will tell you about the mom and pop shop that’s better. (Admittedly not a nice thing to do, but I have a passion for small business.) But instead of everyone being like yeah man you’re kinda right but it still tastes decent and gets us full (diffuse the situation, no one wants a full blown argument at the pizza party), here’s what everyone does:

WTF BRO GTFO LITTLE CAESARS IS THE BEST PIZZA EVER IT IS THE KING OF PIZZAS ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!! THAT MOM AND POP SHOP DOESN’T HAVE CLOSE TO THE REACH OF LITTLE CAESARS AND DOESN’T MAKE NEARLY AS MUCH MONEY!!! IF THERE’S EVER A TREND WHEN IT COMES TO PIZZA IT’S SOLELY BECAUSE OF LITTLE CAESARS!!!

And I’m like “oh, you’re all mad now because Little Caesars sucks?”

The situation is more like everyone is enjoying pizza together like they do every single day, and you kick in the door screaming that this other pizza place is now defining what pizza really is. Everyone looks at you weirdly, keeps eating pizza, and is like, yeah, I’ve been there or know someone who has and they say it’s pretty decent for what it is, so um, do you want a slice, or…? And you’re kinda like, foaming at the mouth; some people think you’re really hungry, and others think you have rabies.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Punished Skateboards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2022, 03:13:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn he’s on break from his food court job again
[close]

What is your obsession with malls bro?! I remember when you first popped in you were actually impressed that Thrasher merch gets carried in malls. So if we were to keep that going shouldn’t you actually be impressed that I work in a mall. Like right next to the Thrasher merch too omg I can almost touch it, it’s sooo cool!!!
[close]

Relax my bro, shift will be over soon and you can enjoy those cold sbarro leftovers you been sittin on all afternoon

There’s like something that’s super powerful about the triangle shape of a pizza slice

Punished Skateboards

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2022, 03:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t think anyone truly gives a fuck one way or the other. I think you’re just annoying people. Hell, I signed up just to point that out in some stupid attempt to maybe make you realize that your obsession with Gifted Hater is weird and creepy.

You’re acting like someone that shows up to a pizza party and everyone is eating Little Caesars and you start berating them because some mom and pop pizza place is so much better. Yeah, Little Caesars is garbage but it’s still pizza and you won’t shut up about how great the mom and pop place is. When everyone finally tells you to shut up because you’re bumming them out you reply with, “oh, you’re all mad now because Little Caesars sucks?”
[close]
This might belong in the Unpopular Opinion thread but i enjoy Little Caesars. $5 and get some crazy bread...that's not a bad night
[close]

Nothing wrong with enjoying Little Caesars. Here’s what is wrong though

When I step into the pizza party I will start berating everyone for eating it and I will tell you about the mom and pop shop that’s better. (Admittedly not a nice thing to do, but I have a passion for small business.) But instead of everyone being like yeah man you’re kinda right but it still tastes decent and gets us full (diffuse the situation, no one wants a full blown argument at the pizza party), here’s what everyone does:

WTF BRO GTFO LITTLE CAESARS IS THE BEST PIZZA EVER IT IS THE KING OF PIZZAS ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!! THAT MOM AND POP SHOP DOESN’T HAVE CLOSE TO THE REACH OF LITTLE CAESARS AND DOESN’T MAKE NEARLY AS MUCH MONEY!!! IF THERE’S EVER A TREND WHEN IT COMES TO PIZZA IT’S SOLELY BECAUSE OF LITTLE CAESARS!!!

And I’m like “oh, you’re all mad now because Little Caesars sucks?”
[close]

The situation is more like everyone is enjoying pizza together like they do every single day, and you kick in the door screaming that this other pizza place is now defining what pizza really is. Everyone looks at you weirdly, keeps eating pizza, and is like, yeah, I’ve been there or know someone who has and they say it’s pretty decent for what it is, so um, do you want a slice, or…? And you’re kinda like, foaming at the mouth; some people think you’re really hungry, and others think you have rabies.

Lol this got me, but cmon we know there were a lot more staunch advocates of Little Caesars at that party that you left out of your scene

thehogsniper

• Rep: 51
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2022, 03:44:40 PM »
Thrasher is always behind tbh. I don't recall a lot of the newer brands (namely Polar) getting any traction until far more recently.

Geico Insurance

• Rep: 25
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2022, 03:47:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Slap had been saying IC was garbage from the jump. No one cared. Thrasher was backing them. So were they cool because we all seem to love Thrasher? Not until GH started bashing them did everyone start realizing how awful they are and now we see the company effectively folding.
[close]

GH has also been bashing IC/Mikey Alfred for a long time too, this new universal hate for IC has more to do with Mikey Alfred going full Kanye West lately than everyone mindlessly hanging on GH's words. And he's not the only person talking about it. The riders themselves are speaking out now.
[close]

GH isn't setting trends, he's just reporting on them.
[close]

Yes and the people abide. I can’t say the same about Thrasher.

Sorry, dude.

Punished Skateboards

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2022, 03:52:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Slap had been saying IC was garbage from the jump. No one cared. Thrasher was backing them. So were they cool because we all seem to love Thrasher? Not until GH started bashing them did everyone start realizing how awful they are and now we see the company effectively folding.
[close]

GH has also been bashing IC/Mikey Alfred for a long time too, this new universal hate for IC has more to do with Mikey Alfred going full Kanye West lately than everyone mindlessly hanging on GH's words. And he's not the only person talking about it. The riders themselves are speaking out now.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry, dude.

Weird flex but ok

And yeah bro I know he was talking about it on his stream yesterday. I don’t do this for him I do this so you all see the light

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2022, 04:00:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry, dude.
[close]

Weird flex but ok

And yeah bro I know he was talking about it on his stream yesterday. I don’t do this for him I do this so you all see the light

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasocial_interaction

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2022, 05:39:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
it leads to bad morning tho, where you painfully shit your guts out a few times.