Author Topic: The Nice Club  (Read 33879 times)

burm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
Re: The Nice Club
« Reply #270 on: May 27, 2022, 12:39:50 PM »
Well they did also say ”Sorry if you didn’t like it but we have great skateboarders lined up for the next episodes” so let’s not edit things for our own benefit
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #271 on: May 27, 2022, 12:49:26 PM »
Well they did also say ”Sorry if you didn’t like it but we have great skateboarders lined up for the next episodes” so let’s not edit things for our own benefit

Unfortunately the exact mindset the nine club has

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #272 on: May 27, 2022, 01:13:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Unfortunately the exact mindset the nine club has

Monopolyman

« Reply #273 on: May 27, 2022, 01:56:02 PM »
Anyone have time code on Gary Vee talk?  Tried finding it and the rest of their show was bumming me out

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2022, 02:28:40 PM »
The thing is, the show is targetted at skaters, and after like 5 or 6 years of doing it, they've run out of interesting skate guests who want to come on. I'm sure they'd love to get Rickk Howard, Mariano, Koston (which would likely be great episodes given the history, almost all the Girl/Chocolate related interviews are great), but its clear those guys have passed and likely multiple times. The other thing they are hurt by is they want to do in person, which I get. So anyone outside that SoCal bubble they have to hope they eventually come. I'd be curious if Rog could get some old school Boston heads such as Gangemi, Panama Dan, and Jahmal.

The show is far from perfect, and has obvious flaws (way too marketer friendly in questions/positive, not very well researched unless they have a history with the guest etc.), but I do think they are really suffering from the fact they've essentially interviewed every major skater in SoCal (who can easily be there in person) who wants to go on.

Monopolyman

« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2022, 11:57:37 PM »

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2022, 05:58:45 AM »

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2022, 09:26:15 PM »
Them boys at it again- watching Tushawn switch Ollie the table, one of them barely mentions “oh shit he went over the side” and all of them immediately snap back to how amazing and perfect it was- the Lizard himself Steezus Christ said “we ain’t even gonna talk about it, etc etc”

These boys are playing too safe!!

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #278 on: November 03, 2022, 03:30:03 AM »
Them boys at it again- watching Tushawn switch Ollie the table, one of them barely mentions “oh shit he went over the side” and all of them immediately snap back to how amazing and perfect it was- the Lizard himself Steezus Christ said “we ain’t even gonna talk about it, etc etc”

Jeron didn't play it safe today calling Leo Baker, 'she' twice  :-X

Had it on the background while I was waiting for a delivery this evening, and almost had to turn it off when Andy Anderson thought the Knox Godoy footage was from now and not 20 years ago.

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #279 on: November 03, 2022, 04:25:27 AM »

Going diagonal across a rectangular picnic table is actually longer then going straight across.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #280 on: November 03, 2022, 04:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Going diagonal across a rectangular picnic table is actually longer then going straight across.

in 2d it is and you are correct.  however real life is not 2 dimensional
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 107
« Reply #281 on: November 03, 2022, 04:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

And he still came up short.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

« Reply #282 on: November 03, 2022, 04:59:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Explain it to me like I'm 5 because I see what you guys are saying about him corner cutting however from my perspective I don't see why that is bad.

So if I Ollie over a jersey barrier standing up but I shifty over it, suddenly its not a real Ollie?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2022, 05:24:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Explain it to me like I'm 5 because I see what you guys are saying about him corner cutting however from my perspective I don't see why that is bad.

So if I Ollie over a jersey barrier standing up but I shifty over it, suddenly its not a real Ollie?

I think the controversy is he may have been lined up with the bench when he popped the ollie, not the table.
Popping at the bench would obviously give you more of a grace period to get the board up and over the table.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2022, 05:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Had it on the background while I was waiting for a delivery this evening, and almost had to turn it off when Andy Anderson thought the Knox Godoy footage was from now and not 20 years ago.

oof

&& almost called him "she" but caught himself, then Jeron still did it.

That aside, a lotta backhanded compliments with that part.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 107
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2022, 06:11:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the controversy is he may have been lined up with the bench when he popped the ollie, not the table.
Popping at the bench would obviously give you more of a grace period to get the board up and over the table.

no one travels in a straight line, they traveled in an arc.

He started off fine but he came down next to the table and just over the end of the bench. If he'd gone straight over the end of the table, he'd clipped his truck or at least his tail.

screen shots here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=123916.msg3889540#msg3889540
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2022, 03:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

no one travels in a straight line, they traveled in an arc.

He started off fine but he came down next to the table and just over the end of the bench. If he'd gone straight over the end of the table, he'd clipped his truck or at least his tail.

screen shots here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=123916.msg3889540#msg3889540

Ah upon further review of the footage

*Theres no fucking way Tyshawn cleared that table properly. Total movie magic

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2022, 04:53:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

oof

&& almost called him "she" but caught himself, then Jeron still did it.

That aside, a lotta backhanded compliments with that part.

The whole episode had awkward vibes. I can't stand when && is on there. His comments on the Knox part were annoying the shit out of me. For someone who presents themselves as a scholar of skate history, how could he have not know that that those clips were from 99/2000 based on the fits and the Reynolds 1s (along with other era indicators like the Black/Blue MJ 2's and the OG yellow Reynolds Baker board). I already didn't like &&, but this sealed the deal for me.

Not trying to make excuses for it, but Jeron's use of "she" didn't come across as deliberate or malicious to me. More like unintentional ignorance.

work_lurker

• Rep: 70
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2022, 05:08:41 PM »

I really enjoy the trimmed title of this video being: "When agreeing with everything goes wrong: Anal"
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.