Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones i-D Interview 2021 / Entrepreneur  (Read 3335 times)

TunnelVision1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -76
  • Kingofhellfarts
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Tyshawn Jones i-D Interview 2021 / Entrepreneur
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2021, 06:14:34 PM »
He seems to have grown a lot and even if his skating isn't my cup of tea i can still respect him.
At least my dad thinks so.

Gravity

• Rep: -238
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2021, 08:15:07 AM »
Cosmically hes very lucky

Athletic ability wise + location to get in supreme early etc

Then build off that naturally

He hasnt probably done much but have crazy pop and be in the right place right time lol

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2021, 11:40:59 AM »
Nothing but respect for him, he knew what he wanted and he's making it happen. anyone saying that his success just fell into his lap and that he was right place/right time is way off. most guys in his spot would get the adidas shoe, supreme check, maybe pile, and keep it at that. he started multiple businesses and is clearly very motivated. And hes one of the best to do it on a board.

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -405
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2021, 12:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Boss eats last, material things don’t matter, gimme a fuckin break.  Easy to say when you’re already filthy stinkin rich.  I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve what he has but I’m not buying the whole humble, nose to the grindstone, schtick he puts on.  If I had every high fashion brand throwing money at me I’d probably get a financial advisor and make some moves too.
[close]

So the dude who notoriously didn’t come from money is just somehow ‘stinkin rich’ and you ‘don’t buy his nose to the grindstone schtick’. Once you allow yourself to see past your envy, hopefully you can be happy for the kid. He grafted to become great at skateboarding (he won soty at 19 after someone else didn’t want it!) marketed himself well and used that as a starting block in life. It’s pretty epic no?