Author Topic: How to ollie while riding?  (Read 723 times)

bolillo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
How to ollie while riding?
« on: December 21, 2021, 12:06:41 AM »
I got decent ollies standing but as soon as i want to do it while riding i suck so bad i dont get it

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: How to ollie while riding?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 06:39:37 AM »
My very first stationary ollie attempted in the grass with my friend's instructions was a success.

In stark contrast, it took me nearly three weeks of attempts repeated for hours before it clicked on how to make the magic happen while rolling.

It's just one of those things. Be patient and keep trying. I didn't have the benefit of the internet or even skateboarding videos to help me visualize them when I learned it. You will succeed.

scootmepls

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 02:57:14 PM »
give a lil push and set up how you would for an ollie
as you start to slow down to a complete stop pop your ollie
by the time you land you wont be moving so it is like a half step of what you already know, stationary ollies
as you get more comfortable with this half step start to push a lil harder and gradually work your way up to more speed
its ok if you still need to look at your board to ollie but it helps a lot if you can ollie without looking down(you can look down for the set up obviously but when you pop you should look at the thing you are skating)
don't worry about height right now as your confidence is low and your ollies will be lower than your normal stationary ollies

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 08:14:37 AM »
My process as a thirteen year old was three hard pushes and do it then fall/run out. I was really a stubborn kid. Don't do that unless you want to get really good at falling.

That's how I launched ramp, too. Push really fast and try. Over and over.

biaherl

• Rep: 263
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 12:04:31 PM »
Concentrating on ollieing over cracks on the sidewalk helped me. That and jump ramps

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 02:44:40 PM »
Put down something big enough that you can't ride over it but small enough that you don't need a high ollie to get over (a broom handle or a piece of wood or something) and try ollieing over that. Your brain will know that you need to get over it so if you already know how to ollie you'll just instinctively pop over the thing.

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 10:30:17 PM »
After you get your stationary downs, try rolling super slow/gently and just go for it. Take your time on the load up too.

what's really important thing is to feel balanced while you load up for it when rolling