Author Topic: Cemu (WiiU) Emulator  (Read 1038 times)

somefucker

Cemu (WiiU) Emulator
« on: December 21, 2021, 06:32:34 AM »
Hi,

If you don't know, Cemu is an emulator capable of handling WiiU-like games, as well as their updates/dlc/romhacks.

I had a lot of issues setting up this emulator, as the install guide videos are often lengthy and at the creation of this thread, outdated.

If anyone needs help or is interested in knowing more, send me a PM and I can get you started.

Disclaimer: you're going to need a mid-high end machine to handle games at proper frame rates.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1927
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Cemu (WiiU) Emulator
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 07:10:22 AM »
CEMU was my jam in 2019 and 2020 throughout lockdown. Got a good 60+ hours on BotW because of it, even setup a mid-range PC in my TV console if we ever want to play Mario Kart 8.

This guy has clickbait-y titles but is very thorough, updated CEMU is also painless with the in-app update button.

Could get BotW up to 60fps on 1080p on a Ryzen 5 2600, 32GB RAM and a GTX 1070, used the game as my gateway to overclocking and an excuse to water cool my CPU. Could never get motion controls to work on mouse or mobile device so I had to skip over a few temples.

Yuzu is coming along nicely but you'll need an even beefier CPU with high clock speeds to even get things decent.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

somefucker

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 07:43:20 AM »
CEMU was my jam in 2019 and 2020 throughout lockdown. Got a good 60+ hours on BotW because of it, even setup a mid-range PC in my TV console if we ever want to play Mario Kart 8.

This guy has clickbait-y titles but is very thorough, updated CEMU is also painless with the in-app update button.

Could get BotW up to 60fps on 1080p on a Ryzen 5 2600, 32GB RAM and a GTX 1070, used the game as my gateway to overclocking and an excuse to water cool my CPU. Could never get motion controls to work on mouse or mobile device so I had to skip over a few temples.

Yuzu is coming along nicely but you'll need an even beefier CPU with high clock speeds to even get things decent.

yikes, so i'll need motion controls to complete this game huh?

glad to hear you had a positive experience with Cemu, I have only about 1-2 hours of gameplay so far but i'm also running at 60 FPS, SSA x4 and 1080p with no frame drops. Granted I have 16 GB of ram and a GTX 2060 also.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 07:53:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yikes, so i'll need motion controls to complete this game huh?

glad to hear you had a positive experience with Cemu, I have only about 1-2 hours of gameplay so far but i'm also running at 60 FPS, SSA x4 and 1080p with no frame drops. Granted I have 16 GB of ram and a GTX 2060 also.

Motion controls aren't essential unless you want to 100% the game. There are some temples you can use shield / bomb jumping to ship past the puzzles, but the timing is extremely tricky to nail.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

somefucker

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 07:55:46 AM »
sweet, I look forward to playing!

Going to try to get some other titles downloaded, UsbHelper UI is...... interesting.

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 08:11:16 AM »
anything else good on wiiU besides smash, zelda, metroid, mario tennis/golf/kart etc. ?

somefucker

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 08:22:01 AM »
anything else good on wiiU besides smash, zelda, metroid, mario tennis/golf/kart etc. ?

not much tbh. i feel like wiiu as a whole flopped, you can find most good titles ported to switch or were also released on GC.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »

Bayonetta 2 if you haven't already played it on other systems.

The Wonderful 101 if you like Platinum style games

Xenoblade Chronicles

Splatoon, not sure how good CEMU runs online play
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

somefucker

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 11:47:24 AM »
not sure how good CEMU runs online play

if you have the newest update for the game and latest CEMU hook it runs smooth. haven't had any trouble with SSB other than getting my ass handed to me.

CaptainBushwacker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 10:35:11 AM »
Emulators are part of the reason I got a gaming PC. I get to play anything from super nintendo up to nintendo switch, with ps3,2 and gamecube in the middle. Still pretty mindblowing how far emulation has come.

CEMU emulator seemed one of the best in terms of compatibility and ease of use. I stopped using it because I managed to get Yuzu to run nicely finally after many many tries.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 02:52:32 PM »
Emulators are part of the reason I got a gaming PC. I get to play anything from super nintendo up to nintendo switch, with ps3,2 and gamecube in the middle. Still pretty mindblowing how far emulation has come.

CEMU emulator seemed one of the best in terms of compatibility and ease of use. I stopped using it because I managed to get Yuzu to run nicely finally after many many tries.

Look at Mister fancy gaming PC over here with his i9 processor and GTX3080!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

somefucker

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 05:03:02 AM »
Update:

Got myself a NVIDIA Shield TV PRO for christmas.

Thing is an emulation beast, can run emulators directly on it or stream them from my PC upstairs at 30 fps no problem. Upscales all content (Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) up to 4K and is the only 'console' I use besides my Switch and Xbox.

so cool.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 09:13:58 PM »
Update:

Got myself a NVIDIA Shield TV PRO for christmas.

Thing is an emulation beast, can run emulators directly on it or stream them from my PC upstairs at 30 fps no problem. Upscales all content (Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) up to 4K and is the only 'console' I use besides my Switch and Xbox.

so cool.

I had the Shield Tablet which had loads of potential - could be used as a media box for gaming and streaming with the mini-HDMI slot on top of being a tablet, very ahead of it's time.

Ended up building a mini-ITX PC as my media box in the TV console, way before PC parts skyrocketed in prices due to the chip shortage. Was able to get Cemu running on that too for Mario Kart 8 if I ever had guests over.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

somefucker

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 05:41:57 AM »
I had the Shield Tablet which had loads of potential - could be used as a media box for gaming and streaming with the mini-HDMI slot on top of being a tablet, very ahead of it's time.

Ended up building a mini-ITX PC as my media box in the TV console, way before PC parts skyrocketed in prices due to the chip shortage. Was able to get Cemu running on that too for Mario Kart 8 if I ever had guests over.

wow that thing looks really sick actually, never knew it even existed. whats the memory like on your mini-ITX? the Shield Pro I have contains 3 GB of ram, think it could run cemu at a lower end HD? would be great to play directly on the shield as opposed to streaming, in case i want to game somewhere else.

edit: after some lite research cemu can't be sideloaded :/ stuck streaming

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2022, 07:59:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

wow that thing looks really sick actually, never knew it even existed. whats the memory like on your mini-ITX? the Shield Pro I have contains 3 GB of ram, think it could run cemu at a lower end HD? would be great to play directly on the shield as opposed to streaming, in case i want to game somewhere else.

edit: after some lite research cemu can't be sideloaded :/ stuck streaming

2 x 8GB (1333MHz) in the Mini-ITX PC with an i5-4670 (I think) and GTX 1060 (6GB). Got the GPU used for $120 in 2017 before prices went insane. Was able to run BOTW at 40fps at 1080p at a slight overclock.

If you're somewhat tech savvy and want a side project, look on AliExpress or Amazon for a Mini-ITX case and get an AMD with onboard GPU, even a Ryzen 3 can do a respectable job with CEMU, not to mention emulate everything before PS3. Provided RAM and CPU prices haven't gone completely nuts. Much more versatile than a Android box, but you'll need to get your hands dirty and be prepared to do some research.

Something like this!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m