Author Topic: Blake Carpenter is a Flat Earther and Burnett loves him  (Read 10956 times)

Mariatorresflores

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -95
Re: Blake Carpenter of science/Common sense ?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2021, 12:47:06 PM »
If you think blake carpenter's stance on whether the earth is flat has any weight whatsoever on society or a single person's wellbeing then you may be dumber than he is
Expand Quote
this just opened up a new can of worms for the entire Vans family.

Vans employees are fighting against vaccine mandates, claiming "I thought we were family".

LOL, now Lizzie, Paul Fart (no surprise), Mikey Taylor (no surprise), Dave Swift, JLay

all support this movement....
[close]

You can add Chris Wimer, Shuriken Shannon, Bobby Puleo, Alphonzo Rawls, and Richard Mulder. Was disappointed to see Blake Carpenter and Jeron Wilson liking the anti-vaccine movement comments as well.

"The sauce"...yikes
It ain't about the flat earth stuff either; Burnett probably brought that up because it seems so benign, so laugh-offable comparatively. If these nuts share one belief they share them all though, definitely drinking the same kool-aid; social media's bias conformation if anything, and that reinforcement can come from sources great and small.

TranquilElephant

• Rep: 6
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2021, 12:47:40 PM »
Dude whose made a career skating bump to bars thinks the earth is flat.
lmao would gnar if I could

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2021, 12:52:20 PM »
1. BC is not an influential person

2. No one knows what he thinks about flat earth or anything outside of this whacky dump

3. Nor do they care

If you think his opinion on anything is influencing anybody, you are in fact brain dead

This is just more smear campaign nonsense
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2021, 01:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
If you think blake carpenter's stance on whether the earth is flat has any weight whatsoever on society or a single person's wellbeing then you may be dumber than he is
[close]
if you claim to know something that's impossible for you to know then you (that's you homie!) are definitely even dumber than that.
You should throw him off the edge.

big900

• Rep: -4

thebacker

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2021, 01:06:38 PM »
a dude from florida makes a crazy comment……earth shattering

almost like a flat dinner plate shattering on the ground  :-X ;)

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2021, 01:08:05 PM »
1. BC is not an influential person

2. No one knows what he thinks about flat earth or anything outside of this whacky dump

3. Nor do they care

If you think his opinion on anything is influencing anybody, you are in fact brain dead

This is just more smear campaign nonsense

This is a flawed take.

No flat earther on their own is influential, yet hundreds of thousands of people think the earth is flat and the number is probably increasing.

Communities of fringe fuckwit ideological beliefs don't form up and grow the same way they did 30 years ago. If ten thousand people read the article, 500 of them might be Carp fans, out of these 500 maybe 20 are on the fence about flat earth and out of these 20, maybe 10 will end up being influenced and start watching flat earth content and maybe 5 of those will turn into actual flat earthers.

Repeat this process for every non-influential flat earther on earth through their social media publications and oh my what a shocker, there is a flat earth convention downtown, where do these mouthbreathers all come from?

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2021, 01:09:16 PM »
I'm looking forward to all the new crazy theories about to emerge with the new Matrix coming out. Wake up Sheeple.

mariolopez

• Rep: -22
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2021, 01:28:52 PM »
let people believe whatever the fuck they want

fucking whiner

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2021, 01:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote
People should care that influential people believe in nonsense. This is how ignorance spreads and it harms us all. If you're too cool to see that then you're a part of the problem. For real.
[close]

and blake carpenter is an influential person???

Of course he's not to you or me or in the bigger picture, but I'd bet there are kids who look up to him (especially little Floridians). Idk, I think iin skating, it's best to call this shit out when it's someone popular enough to be invited on a well covered skate trip. As a culture, we make too much out of pro's personalities to give harmful shit like this the ok. Sucks because this guy seemed to have a good head on his shoulders from what I'd seen, but that's how it goes sometimes. It's the ones you'd least expect that end up believing wild stuff.

Edit: to clarify, I think shit like this is harmful when placed within our current climate crisis. You can't be a flat earther and believe in climate change, right?
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2021, 01:43:11 PM »
im trying so hard to care about this but I just don't

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »
Breaking news: A professional skateboarder turns out to be dumber than expected, disappoints people who have a brain.
half of UWTB these days

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2021, 02:39:14 PM »
if any one of you can explain to me how believing the earth is a different shape has ANY direct negative consequences i will mail you 20 US dollars

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2021, 02:52:07 PM »
I wouldnt care If the flat earth society would solely think that the earth is flat and not round. The Problem about flat earthers ist that they believe in a world wide cospirancy, deny science and facts and most of the time are highly anti semitic.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2021, 03:17:49 PM »
Not surprised, he is from Florida

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2021, 03:26:43 PM »
People should care that influential people believe in nonsense. This is how ignorance spreads and it harms us all. If you're too cool to see that then you're a part of the problem. For real.
To be honest, if you are taking educational advice from someone because they are good at skateboarding you are doomed to begin with.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2021, 03:27:09 PM »
Imagine Einstein opening a topic saying "that influential person believes in Jesus." Lets cancel him.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2021, 03:28:36 PM »
I wouldnt care If the flat earth society would solely think that the earth is flat and not round. The Problem about flat earthers ist that they believe in a world wide cospirancy, deny science and facts and most of the time are highly anti semitic.
Yeah, it goes from a quirky belief into insanity quite quickly.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2021, 04:32:37 PM »
 Remember when that rocket guy Wile E. Coyote'd himself into the desert?
 Simpler times, better times.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »
a dude from florida makes a crazy comment……earth shattering flattening
fixed it for ya
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2021, 05:44:37 PM »
I believe the world is spherical and I honestly can't shut up about it. Damn this cursed rabbit hole that is science.

This shit is all down to trust nowadays and it's sad that so many people really can't even trust the basics anymore.

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2021, 05:45:08 PM »
if any one of you can explain to me how believing the earth is a different shape has ANY direct negative consequences i will mail you 20 US dollars

If you have some time to watch an excellent explanation answering this exact question here it is :

If not, the cliffs are that basically certain types of people will just gravitate towards fringe conspiracy shit, often in a form of escalation that can result in harm or distress for their friends and families and themselves.

In the bluntest and most simplistic way possible, 9/11 truthing leads to chemtrails leads to Flat Earth leads to Qanon leads to antivax leads to a road trip to the capitol on Jan 6.

Obviously not everyone will travel down that path, but there is enough of a problem that tens of thousands of people will break into the capitol.

This is why turning a blind eye to influencers of fringe conspiracy shit CAN DEFINITELY have negative consequences in the long term, flat earth or other. If Carpenter does believe in a flat earth, there is a pretty good chance he believes in other ones as well. He is a tool and should not be in a position to influence anyone.

Just ask Lauren Wiltzke : https://www.chicagotribune.com/election-2020/ct-lauren-witzke-delaware-qanon-flat-earth-20200917-w6xeptfn65bqrj4tzv75oygnoa-story.html

Or Deftones guitar player Stephen Carpenter starting out with Flat earth and now full fledged antivaxx and covid denialism.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 05:59:17 PM by StillTryin »

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2021, 05:49:33 PM »

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -77
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2021, 06:01:23 PM »
In the bluntest and most simplistic way possible, 9/11 truthing leads to chemtrails leads to Flat Earth leads to Qanon leads to antivax leads to a road trip to the capitol on Jan 6.
full NPR brain

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2021, 06:34:02 PM »
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but only if it’s yours right?  It’s an endless arguement you will never win. Focus your energy on yourself and I promise you will care a lot less what conspiracy’s a some pro skater believes in. For real.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2021, 07:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this just opened up a new can of worms for the entire Vans family.

Vans employees are fighting against vaccine mandates, claiming "I thought we were family".

LOL, now Lizzie, Paul Fart (no surprise), Mikey Taylor (no surprise), Dave Swift, JLay

all support this movement....
[close]

You can add Chris Wimer, Shuriken Shannon, Bobby Puleo, Alphonzo Rawls, and Richard Mulder. Was disappointed to see Blake Carpenter and Jeron Wilson liking the anti-vaccine movement comments as well.

"The sauce"...yikes
[close]
It ain't about the flat earth stuff either; Burnett probably brought that up because it seems so benign, so laugh-offable comparatively. If these nuts share one belief they share them all though, definitely drinking the same kool-aid; social media's bias conformation if anything, and that reinforcement can come from sources great and small.

From "their," perspective aren't you doing the same exact thing? Or no, because you believe your beliefs are the right ones?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2021, 07:17:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
full NPR brain
What’s the opposite of NPR brain? Kid Rock brain? Rather be a sustaining member, thanks.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2021, 09:01:57 PM »
Must be a big Kyrie fan, Blake showed up at my local  Early in the afternoon one day when there was about 6 people there is there and was a complete DOUCHE. Try to say Hey to him when he showed up didn't even respond his board shot out to me and I kicked it back try to compliment me didn't even respond. No. No headphones at the time no nothin just wouldn't even acknowledge me

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2021, 09:04:42 PM »

Well like I said... I don't believe you can be a flat earther and believe in climate science. One less person understanding/accepting the weight of that issue and you have your negative consequence right there.

It's just ridiculous this kind of willful ignorance exists still. And really, at the end of the day he does have more influence than your average dumbass, so it's worth at least commenting on. Blake Carpenter, if you're reading this you fucking somewhat-influential-in-a-growing-subculture dumbass... do better!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

dannyprovolone

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2021, 10:12:47 PM »
shameful. If this was my son he wouldn’t be allowed home for Xmas