Author Topic: Vanik Hacobian / Boston/Providence in this era (mid 90s)  (Read 4831 times)

pica

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Vanik Hacobian
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2021, 03:00:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Just out of curiosity how many of you guys were skating Boston/Providence in this era (mid 90s)
[close]

You can count me among the Northeast crew from that park in Biddeford, Maine to Zero Gravity in Nashua, NH to ZT Maximus to Skaters Island, Middleton, RI with sprinkles of Copley, Turtles, Mass General, Financial district.etc…

Panama Dan, Charlie Wilkins, pre-yellow hat Andy Mac, Jahmal Williams, Donnie Barley, Zerred, Anthony Shetler, Jereme Rogers, Twombly, Bagley, Brandon Westgate, the best was calling up my friend at Skateboard Mag and telling him this skate rat from the burbs was about to change skateboarding as we know it right before PJL’s WHL hit….
[close]
What no 8-ball? ;D
Now that Agent Orange (gnarred) solved this, this thread will fade away into nothingness.. What a shame.

I‘ve fixed the thread title for you guys. Keep
It going

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Vanik Hacobian / Boston/Providence in this era (mid 90s)
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2021, 04:16:23 PM »
Checked this thread because I started skating Boston in the late 90’s but then I realized I had the photo in question on my wall growing up but didn’t know who it was!! Unreal. Right when someone said his foot was between two rails I was like “omg, has to be that dude with a bucket hat”. Just watched all these clips, very rad skater. Glad to have come full circle here.

Mine was definitely from a mailorder catalog, but not Titus. I def had years worth of ccs, but I also had random ones too. Church of Skatan maybe?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
Re: Vanik Hacobian / Boston/Providence in this era (mid 90s)
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2021, 04:31:25 PM »
A mention of 8 ball...Mike Graham used to fuck up that bowl. Sick style. When they had the basement it was dark and so slick.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2021, 05:58:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Just out of curiosity how many of you guys were skating Boston/Providence in this era (mid 90s)
[close]

You can count me among the Northeast crew from that park in Biddeford, Maine to Zero Gravity in Nashua, NH to ZT Maximus to Skaters Island, Middleton, RI with sprinkles of Copley, Turtles, Mass General, Financial district.etc…

Panama Dan, Charlie Wilkins, pre-yellow hat Andy Mac, Jahmal Williams, Donnie Barley, Zerred, Anthony Shetler, Jereme Rogers, Twombly, Bagley, Brandon Westgate, the best was calling up my friend at Skateboard Mag and telling him this skate rat from the burbs was about to change skateboarding as we know it right before PJL’s WHL hit….

I'm from Chicago but I used to go out to Boston once or twice a year every year between 94-99 and stay with my sister.
People were always cool, some even went out of their way to take me around to spots.
I remember the first time I visited I was tripping out on the T station entrances. I also happened to be there when the Christian Science plaza fountain was drained. I was pushing around and stopped to skate the Prudential station entrance and just happened upon the empty fountain.

There also used to be a really sick shop on Newberry (basement floor I believe), looked like a boutique. I think it was short lived.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2021, 01:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
What no 8-ball? ;D
Now that Agent Orange (gnarred) solved this, this thread will fade away into nothingness.. What a shame.

8-Ball, certainly. World, 101, and Blind crew came through once, Rudy, Gabriel, and Guy. fucking around on the mini-ramp and the gnarly converted mechanic garage basement street course. So sick to go down this long, thin rickety staircase and then it opens up to this slightly sloping downhill, grimy indoor street park…