Author Topic: Gifted Hater x Ted Barrow: Match made in Hate-vean  (Read 5211 times)

SmilingBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Gifted Hater x Ted Barrow: Match made in Hate-vean
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2021, 07:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Dill still does all the deck graphics on Fa and Hockey by hand. Pretty rad. These dudes are cooked and looking for attention.
[close]

Yes but sometimes 'by hand' means directly ripping something, like the liquid metal graphic.
Skateboard graphics famously use 100% original artwork and ideas.

foureyedjim

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2021, 08:07:05 PM »
don’t agree with everything they said, but their takes are typically pretty funny. skateboard graphics aren’t that serious

GH routinely has to make a disclaimer that
1) it just his opinion and people should buy/enjoy what they want to
2) these videos are for entertainment

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2021, 10:09:46 PM »
barrow shows how out of his depth and corny this other clown is
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2021, 10:49:14 PM »
DGK was the best choice to put above Hockey to get the Hockey fans riled up because if they put Plan B on top it would be an obvious troll, but they played their cards just right, like when you call 9 Hearts in a game of 500 and you don't have the joker but you win the 9 anyway.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2021, 12:16:26 AM »
DGK was the best choice to put above Hockey to get the Hockey fans riled up because if they put Plan B on top it would be an obvious troll, but they played their cards just right, like when you call 9 Hearts in a game of 500 and you don't have the joker but you win the 9 anyway.

My first professional job was in a small office. It was close quarters with three other ppl (a Muslim, 2 gay dudes and an old divorcee), and we would always play pranks on each other. It was all love but nothing was sacred; we found out each other's passions, vulnerabilities and eccentricities and would explioit them on a regular basis for everyone's general amusement.

One of the gay guys was really critical of hip hop culture; I guess he'd had some bad experiences with "gangsters" driving by gay clubs and shouting homophobic slurs and throwing things at the patrons. Pretty fucked up, so I can somewhat understand where his strong feelings come from, even though I try not to make sweeping generalizations myself.

Anyways, it was the week leading up to the 2006 Oscars and he was championing "Brokeback Mountain" pretty heavily for Best Picture, always talking it up, saying how it'd be a historic day for the Academy, etc. With only a couple days to go, me and the Muslim dude concocted a plan where we would inform the gay dude, in a completely deadpan manner, upon his arrival one morning that "Brokeback Mountain" had been disqualified on a minor technicality and was no longer in the running for Best Picture.

"Which film replaced it?" he demanded to know.

Without looking from my computer, I told him matter of factly: "Hustle & Flow"

It took him about 15 minutes of googling to figure out we were lying but it was a glorious 15 minutes.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2021, 01:17:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My first professional job was in a small office. It was close quarters with three other ppl (a Muslim, 2 gay dudes and an old divorcee), and we would always play pranks on each other. It was all love but nothing was sacred; we found out each other's passions, vulnerabilities and eccentricities and would explioit them on a regular basis for everyone's general amusement.

One of the gay guys was really critical of hip hop culture; I guess he'd had some bad experiences with "gangsters" driving by gay clubs and shouting homophobic slurs and throwing things at the patrons. Pretty fucked up, so I can somewhat understand where his strong feelings come from, even though I try not to make sweeping generalizations myself.

Anyways, it was the week leading up to the 2006 Oscars and he was championing "Brokeback Mountain" pretty heavily for Best Picture, always talking it up, saying how it'd be a historic day for the Academy, etc. With only a couple days to go, me and the Muslim dude concocted a plan where we would inform the gay dude, in a completely deadpan manner, upon his arrival one morning that "Brokeback Mountain" had been disqualified on a minor technicality and was no longer in the running for Best Picture.

"Which film replaced it?" he demanded to know.

Without looking from my computer, I told him matter of factly: "Hustle & Flow"

It took him about 15 minutes of googling to figure out we were lying but it was a glorious 15 minutes.

Everyone loves a classic stitch up. Except for people who really love Hockey skateboards. No jokes, only Hockey.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2021, 01:38:03 AM »
Hockey > Limo graphics all day.

I mean limo is 5 days old, hard to compare

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2021, 03:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Hockey > Limo graphics all day.
[close]

I mean Yoshi egg is 5 days old, hard to compare

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2021, 04:06:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dill still does all the deck graphics on Fa and Hockey by hand. Pretty rad. These dudes are cooked and looking for attention.
[close]

Yes but sometimes 'by hand' means directly ripping something, like the liquid metal graphic.
[close]

*Benny Maglinao w/ help from Aaron Loreth does all the hockey graphics.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2021, 07:12:49 AM »
You know they are trolling when talking about Creature graphics

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2021, 01:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

*Benny Maglinao w/ help from Aaron Loreth does all the hockey graphics.

Well then, Aaron Loreth gets cooler by the day.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2021, 06:38:15 PM »
It's nice to hear some Ted Barrow art criticism again. I hope these two do another video soon.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2021, 06:50:53 PM »
You know they are trolling when talking about Creature graphics

Maybe, maybe not.  There's a point when you consider the Creature graphics look like actual skateboard graphics, with skulls and swords and stuff just like the good old days, whereas the graphic on that Austyn guitar board just looks like total pigshit in any context. In other words, the Creature graphics do a better job of being skateboard graphics than others might. 

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2021, 09:18:56 PM »
Expand Quote
you're all tapped. hockey graphics are corny as hell and habitat boards look like they belong in a pottery barn catalog
[close]

This take is so insane to me. Out of all the popular stateside companies, the list of graphics that are cornier than Hockey's is essentially inexhaustible.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2021, 10:04:55 AM »
GH was on Vent City, and I have to say...I used to be sort of annoyed by him, but when juxtaposed against the Ted Schmitz "I have to make a joke after every point that everyone makes at all times" energy, he was quite soothing.